TEH big news ;)

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
As far as Ive seen yet, it seems like its gonna be:

One big EU cluster (english), shortterm, then enabling transfere from Ywain to the EU cluster.

That would give the EU players with Ywain accounts the possibility to bring their accounts to the EU cluster gathering most of the EU players on one cluster again.

Well if we can just get the amount of players up to 3000-4000 prime time then it could be really good. But Im abit worried that would lead to a prime time of only about 1500-2000 and leeching the Ywain cluster of about 1000 players also.

Best would be if they could make their Ywain servers handle 7k pop, and enable char transfere into accounts...

but well see what happens in a few days...

GoA says on their homepage that there will be news from Mythic this week (so Im guessing lates friday mythic?;)

/Charmangle

ps. Seems like alot less information now when Lori has left Mythic (information responsabilities), so its been way to quite from Mythic. They really should be giving some clues as what is in the works...

ywain is zergy enough as it is with 4k popcap..

R

rejnie

Ywain is really REALLY bad for clean 8v8 atm. Agra's getting zerged at the weekends mostly and there's _almost_ no groups that respect eachother. Be grateful if there was only one group adding to your fight. Maybe the french/german servers wont be the best either, remains to be seen. But it can't get more fudged up and zergy then on Ywain.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
We can all play with ze germans and have fun though! Don't you think? :(

dr00l

Fledgling Freddie
Currently playing on Ywain and it's pretty shit as far as 8v8 goes. I suggest we all go for the EU cluster, whatever way it happens since there's nothing to lose. If it turns out underpopulated they will merge it with Ywain soon enough anyway. v0v

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
I hope its all about the time of the day you play. 8-12hrs difference and things. Hopefully no that zergy in the mornings up to afternoom.

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
Ywain is zegy no matter what time of the day you play tbh. There is nxt to NO 8v8 scene at all!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Prefer zerg over empty.

I remember when Prydwen and Excalibur were clustered, me and a friend took an unclaimed tower in mid. Saw at least 20 people arriving at roughly the same time.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Hopefully with all the returning Euro groups people will be able to organise some good clean 8vs8 like we had back in the days. When all this is complete and we've started seeing how many groups there will be that are wanting 8vs8 fights i could probably try and get the old 8vs8 chan going again with the bot and all.
Worked fantastically on Dyvet and on the german cluster atleast.
Every night you set a 8vs8 zone, default Agramon and groups use the bot in the channel to sign themselves up and if the zerg shows up etc you change the zone to another zone, for example Breifine or whatever zone you want. :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Nice one Sep :>

I know Synergy will be ready with a group. We are running tuesdays and thursdays

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully with all the returning Euro groups people will be able to organise some good clean 8vs8 like we had back in the days. When all this is complete and we've started seeing how many groups there will be that are wanting 8vs8 fights i could probably try and get the old 8vs8 chan going again with the bot and all.
Worked fantastically on Dyvet and on the german cluster atleast.
Every night you set a 8vs8 zone, default Agramon and groups use the bot in the channel to sign themselves up and if the zerg shows up etc you change the zone to another zone, for example Breifine or whatever zone you want. :)

yanks have one of those in #ywain on irc.sorcery.net. Allthough its almost never used except on US primetime (ie right after eu prime) so an eu chan prolly be good.

Septina

Part of the furniture
yanks have one of those in #ywain on irc.sorcery.net. Allthough its almost never used except on US primetime (ie right after eu prime) so an eu chan prolly be good.

Yea, thats my point. :p If enough EU groups come back and are interested in 8vs8s it might be a good idea to have a channel for EU primetime aswell. ;)

buffswithlove

Loyal Freddie
ywain 8v8 there is some (in dreams and agramon around 01-05 gmt) some respec 8v8 near mazes but stypid hunters/scouts/rangers add around those. Not seen many 8man albs roaming quite casual or just pugs around 02gmt during week albs got zerg out 50+ people weekend think highest spam count so far 189 people mids oh well they have now nice zerg leader who actually gets stuff done. basicly most decent and best action in ywain starts around 05gmt and last until like 10gmt after that 2-4h quite dead..

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Well atm, we're on Dyvet farming and what not on our old chars, but we all play alb and will transfer our chars to Ywain once possible

uron

Loyal Freddie
ah rite, tht sounds good, mite give it a go....think i have a PVE necro and BB if i remember....just logged on its like starting again!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
It's scarey starting again! Took me 15 minutes to remember how to pay the damn rent on my house.

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
When u transfer your your toons to ywain i guess its ur whole account ? as i have german toons as i actually prefare my german toons to my prydwen and there better kitted out but would be good if i got the lot there.

any help would be great

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
I THINK you have to xfer each toon seperately like my did when ywain went live and we Xfer'd from merlin to there.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Pveing for 4years + our outdated templates is damn boring :X

To be honest my first impression has been that if your template was competitive 3 - 4 years ago it still wont be that bad now as there has been no significant expansion since "Labyrinth" to upset things.

The only differance now, as far as I can tell and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that it's much easier to make a good template now then what it used to be with more options and easier to get good items.

I've already started working on mine and apart from some sexier proc's the only really differance is I've been able to cap a couple of things I was just short on last time.

lawson

Fledgling Freddie
any 1 got any problems with changing game password ( the confirmation email doenst confirm... :S

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest my first impression has been that if your template was competitive 3 - 4 years ago it still wont be that bad now as there has been no significant expansion since "Labyrinth" to upset things.

The only differance now, as far as I can tell and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that it's much easier to make a good template now then what it used to be with more options and easier to get good items.

I've already started working on mine and apart from some sexier proc's the only really differance is I've been able to cap a couple of things I was just short on last time.

the dragongear is quite nice imo...all the celerity on the weapons etc etc. But you can do okish i guess with an old temp.:D

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
the dragongear is quite nice imo...all the celerity on the weapons etc etc. But you can do okish i guess with an old temp.:D

Suprised how well the old template is holding up actually.

Only thing I'm finding soooo f*****g annoying at the moment is all the contradictions on stats for the dragon/sidi/ml10 gear etc. Thought I had a new template planned only to discover stats had changed again!

All databases and websites seem to be inaccurate now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom