TEH big news ;)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Suprised how well the old template is holding up actually.

Only thing I'm finding soooo f*****g annoying at the moment is all the contradictions on stats for the dragon/sidi/ml10 gear etc. Thought I had a new template planned only to discover stats had changed again!

All databases and websites seem to be inaccurate now.

Old template is mostly competative because in the end most people you fight also have an outdated template. Add to that the fact class-balance is something which is far more important in 1 vs 1.

I've had a few runs in a 'new template' (well, it's hardly perfect and probably won't last me very long) and the 'new' evade/block-rules on dualwielding seemed to make a much bigger difference to me then any new template ever will do.

I'm literally unable to hit shield-classes, including scouts. I've had a fight with a scout (on my NS) where I got melee'ed down from 100% --> 0% simply because all I saw was block and evade :lol:

Assassin vs. assassin is now evade-evade-evade and the one evading the most wins, in general.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Old template is mostly competative because in the end most people you fight also have an outdated template. Add to that the fact class-balance is something which is far more important in 1 vs 1.

I've had a few runs in a 'new template' (well, it's hardly perfect and probably won't last me very long) and the 'new' evade/block-rules on dualwielding seemed to make a much bigger difference to me then any new template ever will do.

I'm literally unable to hit shield-classes, including scouts. I've had a fight with a scout (on my NS) where I got melee'ed down from 100% --> 0% simply because all I saw was block and evade :lol:

Assassin vs. assassin is now evade-evade-evade and the one evading the most wins, in general.

They've altered the melee triangle? I haven't caught up on the old patch changes yet much so not sure what the rules are now.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
They've altered the melee triangle? I haven't caught up on the old patch changes yet much so not sure what the rules are now.

It's now a melee pyramid. Champs -> Heavy tanks -> some hybrids

;)

OK I'm just kidding, but from what I've seen on US Classic shortly before the merge is, that heavy tanks smite most enemies to death (my bro played Armsman and it was quite uber). Champs quite rule, as long as they keep the debuffs up and don't play like total nubbers. Self-healing classes are quite win as well. Generally blocking isn't so much of a biggie because of the 60% block cap.

Imho the most important thing to get is cele charges for the huge attack speed bonus. The thing is, that most templates don't have a weakness anymore, because the dragon items are so good.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
It's now a melee pyramid. Champs -> Heavy tanks -> some hybrids

;)

OK I'm just kidding, but from what I've seen on US Classic shortly before the merge is, that heavy tanks smite most enemies to death (my bro played Armsman and it was quite uber). Champs quite rule, as long as they keep the debuffs up and don't play like total nubbers. Self-healing classes are quite win as well. Generally blocking isn't so much of a biggie because of the 60% block cap.

Imho the most important thing to get is cele charges for the huge attack speed bonus. The thing is, that most templates don't have a weakness anymore, because the dragon items are so good.

Cheers but whats the formulae now regarding defense/weapon type ? i.e does 2H still halve parry and so on.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Cheers but whats the formulae now regarding defense/weapon type ? i.e does 2H still halve parry and so on.

All formulas were removed, except the multiple attackers against block, but seeing that with a 60% cap you're most likely already overcapped at 42+X shield, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

I'm not sure about parry/evade and multiple attackers. I have something in mind that parry doesn't get a penalty, but that's only like a shadow on my mind, so I won't put money on that information =)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Basically evade and block are no longer halved by dualwield, that's all I know. Result is that its either block-block-block or evade-evade-evade against most people who have (high) evade or high block.

I think they also removed the 2H <> Parry thing, seeing it's one of those things in the same line of thought.

It is pretty much totally fubar for assassins/light-tanks while being uber for heavy-tanks (and scouts) I suppose ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing a slight reduction again tho, I did some whacking at Theadon on my ranger a week ago and I didn't manage to land a hit in his frontal-arc. Somehow that sounds retarded to me.

People saying 60% cap on block should resolve this issue clearly didn't think about the amount of armour/absorb on shield-classes. Add to the 60% block-cap an additional X % amount of parry (which can easily go up to 40% at high RR) and you are unhittable for low WS classes.

Then again, like in WoW the 1vs1 has never been balanced, and the balance simply shifts back-and-forth. But heavy-tanks are king right now, so you're in for a blast, Kagato :drink:

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Yea 1v1 has been all about the procs for a while. One of the nice little advantages of SBs is that with the 2HD you not only hitting harder but giving less opportunities for your opponent's armour to proc.

Scouts are just silly. What with fz, ps, ip, shield trip, shield stun, speed boost and the current mechanics of water (if they back up in water you can't use run-through to negate the shield). Waste of time going after one if you ask me.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Basically evade and block are no longer halved by dualwield, that's all I know. Result is that its either block-block-block or evade-evade-evade against most people who have (high) evade or high block.

I think they also removed the 2H <> Parry thing, seeing it's one of those things in the same line of thought.

It is pretty much totally fubar for assassins/light-tanks while being uber for heavy-tanks (and scouts) I suppose ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing a slight reduction again tho, I did some whacking at Theadon on my ranger a week ago and I didn't manage to land a hit in his frontal-arc. Somehow that sounds retarded to me.

People saying 60% cap on block should resolve this issue clearly didn't think about the amount of armour/absorb on shield-classes. Add to the 60% block-cap an additional X % amount of parry (which can easily go up to 40% at high RR) and you are unhittable for low WS classes.

Then again, like in WoW the 1vs1 has never been balanced, and the balance simply shifts back-and-forth. But heavy-tanks are king right now, so you're in for a blast, Kagato :drink:

Hmmm interesting, still think it sucks that block has 10% higher cap then parry as well as the extra style advantages, but nevermind.

Has there been any changes to the mechanics behind Resist debuff procs on weapons? i.e champion and LGW's ? May just be my imagination but the damage seems alot less then I remember even after proccing debuffs.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
It's not been tweaked, maybe you now have the champ elemental resist buffs up? There was the hidden to hit bonus which only champ weaps and artis used to have but now leggies have it too.

As an Armsman I think you'll find the toughest fights are Wardens.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
It's not been tweaked, maybe you now have the champ elemental resist buffs up? There was the hidden to hit bonus which only champ weaps and artis used to have but now leggies have it too.

As an Armsman I think you'll find the toughest fights are Wardens.

No change there then, was same before I quit. Can't be good vs everyone though.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well it's quite situational. With celerity, a Warden shouldn't be too much of a problem and in open field, a mage can always outkite you. Even none-speed classes are as fast as you are and one form of CC is enough to keep you at distance. As Animist it's even easier with the snare shroom.

Different story in close spaces like Laby, though =)

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
Hmmm interesting, still think it sucks that block has 10% higher cap then parry as well as the extra style advantages, but nevermind.

Has there been any changes to the mechanics behind Resist debuff procs on weapons? i.e champion and LGW's ? May just be my imagination but the damage seems alot less then I remember even after proccing debuffs.

Its pretty obvious that you should not use a lw vs heavy tanks, because of the secondary resists.. other than that, it should be pretty fine, once they proc.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Its pretty obvious that you should not use a lw vs heavy tanks, because of the secondary resists.. other than that, it should be pretty fine, once they proc.

It was often better to use a LW then a mundane piercer against plate. Especially if you knew someone had gimped over a resist. In the past energy was pretty good against most Albs once they had left the Beno-zone (due to BB-resists).

Nowadays with well rounded templates I doubt many people have big obvious holes in their resists anymore.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
All formulas were removed, except the multiple attackers against block, but seeing that with a 60% cap you're most likely already overcapped at 42+X shield, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

I'm not sure about parry/evade and multiple attackers. I have something in mind that parry doesn't get a penalty, but that's only like a shadow on my mind, so I won't put money on that information =)

42+shield wont really cap you afaik. One will need an extra boost from dex/mob/myth .. but surely not as much as before.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie

True but compared to champion weapons with their far lower melee resist debuff value I imagine it's pretty even between the two so long as you pick the weakest damage type for their armour.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
True but compared to champion weapons with their far lower melee resist debuff value I imagine it's pretty even between the two so long as you pick the weakest damage type for their armour.

Just stab them in the face !!!

29AUG04%20-%20Good%20News.%20You%20Saved%20Money%20on%20Your%20Car%20Insurance%20With%20Geico_%20%20No,%20Im%20Stabbing%20You%20in%20the%20Face.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom