Game Crashes

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Encountered some weird thing today in Alb frontier. Every time I saw a warlock unload his chambers, my client crashed to desktop.. happened like 4 times already. Anyone knows a possible explanation? I'm using ToA client btw

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
you have got so pissed off with warlocks you have developed a nervous twitch. Everytime they unload chambers you hit the reset button on your computer and blackout. The next thing you know you is that you are staring at your desktop. Happens to me when I see start seeing shrooms appear.....

Jjuraa

Banned
thats funny, yesterday when i was in group i crashed out loads, and i mentioned on vent that every time i crashed there seemed to be a warlock around. i few weeks ago i had a problem with warlock chambers where i would get MASSIVE framerate lag whenever they dropped a chamber, possibly its just a extension of this?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Also explains why more peeps had those CTD's in Odins Gate. Now the action is in HW and guess what... crashes.

Also ironically my buffbot NEVER crashed in Ligen; but I hear buffbots from Mids do crash.

How about GOA temporarily disable warlocks for 2 months to test our theory? xD

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Same with my buffbot.. I also noticed it is a chamber that contains lifetap.
I was chambered by a warlock with DD and didn't crash, next one was lifetap and client crashed. This makes warlocks even more unkillable imo :x

Darkptang

Fledgling Freddie
had the same problem and report it to GOA got this response:

Game Crash To Desktop

Discussion Thread
Response (CM_EN) 07/01/2005 08:39 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your report.

We are aware of the crash to desktop problem. It seems to be affecting a small but significant amount of people.

We are working with Mythic on a fix for this problem. However, it will be fixed in next weeks patch and because both our and Mythic's technicians are busy on preparing for that it's very unlikely that a fix for this problem will be released before that patch.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
that answer frankly isn't good enough.

Oddly I've crashed 3 times tonight whilst trying to fight warlocks. Not sure what spell it is that's sending me straight to desktop but it's pretty fecking annoying. Oddly twice I haven't died. Not sure if I LD straight away or something, probably be a whine about it later.

I can't see how we've got this bug and the US servers didn't unless it's something that's happened during translation. Sould like a huge fob off excuse!

Outlander

Part of the furniture
yup ive crashed 1x times now all when facing warlocks. :( it sux :(

bot remains in cs tho uneffected, but still gotta reboot since it says client still running :(

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I think a certain combination of primary and secondary spells in a chamber create a ball which has buggy graphics or smth causing the game to crash.

Gamah

Banned
I had a dream that I proved which warlock chamber type it was....no really I did (needs to get out more it seems)

pip

Banned
as of late tbh when i load a chammber makes a diffrent sound

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
One more reason to delete the class from game. It not only instakills pretty much everything, it also makes players crash.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Kami said:
that answer frankly isn't good enough.

Oddly I've crashed 3 times tonight whilst trying to fight warlocks. Not sure what spell it is that's sending me straight to desktop but it's pretty fecking annoying. Oddly twice I haven't died. Not sure if I LD straight away or something, probably be a whine about it later.

I can't see how we've got this bug and the US servers didn't unless it's something that's happened during translation. Sould like a huge fob off excuse!

us had even worse bugs at start of catacombs (players being invisible to some people and so on) ive had this on exc during SI once too ^^

catacombs is realllly buggy :<

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
heh. Yeah. Good idea!

Though, it might be caused by their balls (always down to the balls, innit?) effect. So, maybe, just an idea, try turning effects off and see if it helps, if it does, report it to GoA please, might make it easier for them to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom