I still enjoy playing the game

Legaethiel

Fledgling Freddie
I read so many negative threads, on this forum: so time for a positive one.

I enjoy playing the game still, and fun groups on the frontiers. I don't hate Midgardian or Hibernia players, if they outnumber us or out rank us in terms of realm abilities. I enjoy the fun sieges - with a risk of being wiped when attacking a keep.

I also enjoy the one on ones I have had with very, very good players from other realms.

Flame me if you like for having so much fun, still, in game. I want the game to be Marketed and Promoted again. I want to see action on the frontiers and I also want see people enjoying themselves again.

Come on Mythic/GOA/EA start marketing this fine game again, COME ON!!!

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
I read so many negative threads, on this forum: so time for a positive one.

I enjoy playing the game still, and fun groups on the frontiers. I don't hate Midgardian or Hibernia players, if they outnumber us or out rank us in terms of realm abilities. I enjoy the fun sieges - with a risk of being wiped when attacking a keep.

I also enjoy the one on ones I have had with very, very good players from other realms.

Flame me if you like for having so much fun, still, in game. I want the game to be Marketed and Promoted again. I want to see action on the frontiers and I also want see people enjoying themselves again.

Come on Mythic/GOA/EA start marketing this fine game again, COME ON!!!

wont happen cause of warhammer and many patches that made daoc hard to start for a newbie player . . . if they wanted daoc to go far, it could live another 5 + years cause of great design as a game in general

Septina

Part of the furniture
Hopefully WAR will be what daoc is and more. Heard alot of things regarding the pvp tho, some people say its going to be scenariobased with capture the flag etc and others say it'll be endless fights ala DAoC RvR.
Really hope its option nr.2 else i probably wont bother with the game at all. :p
Scenario based pvp as in WoW with capture the flag or other scenario objectives where its 'roundbased' and one team wins gets boring so damn fast. :p And very repetitive in the long run. :(

Jesta

Loyal Freddie
It really is a shame, the game has so much going for it but a total lack of marketing and advertising, really isnt doing it any favors :-(

Septina

Part of the furniture
It really is a shame, the game has so much going for it but a total lack of marketing and advertising, really isnt doing it any favors :-(

It is a damn shame, to this date theres not a single game out there that has a better endgame than DAoC.
I really and truly hope that they have taken all the good parts from DAoC and brought it to WAR, cause as it looks at the moment there's not a lot being done to help the Dyvet cluster and i guess the Limors cluster will end up on the same road in due time when people on that cluster grow bored aswell. :(

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Full page advert in this months PC Zone for DAOC and the prepaid cards...

censi

Can't get enough of FH
daoc has a lot to offer but ultimately for me the end game is stale and mythic slowly strangled the fun out of RVR by taking years to address issues while they were creating more issues.... all these issues loitered around while the end game failed to change to the point where most peeps just slowly said the proverbial "fuck it".

that and the fact that most competative PVP encounters get instantly ruined by other players (part of the game or not) just makes for too much "fuck that" factor.

thats my long lasting impression of it anyway.

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
Quite sure mythic isent giving up daoc, saw a interview where they said they where actually seeing themselfes keep going for 20 years. Gonna see if I can find a link to that interview.

Same interview where they revealed massive NF changes, as totall removal of ladders etc etc :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Hopefully WAR will be what daoc is and more. Heard alot of things regarding the pvp tho, some people say its going to be scenariobased with capture the flag etc and others say it'll be endless fights ala DAoC RvR.
Really hope its option nr.2 else i probably wont bother with the game at all. :p
Scenario based pvp as in WoW with capture the flag or other scenario objectives where its 'roundbased' and one team wins gets boring so damn fast. :p And very repetitive in the long run. :(

W.O.R.L.D P.V.P!

You should know that Septina!

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Quite sure mythic isent giving up daoc, saw a interview where they said they where actually seeing themselfes keep going for 20 years. Gonna see if I can find a link to that interview.

Same interview where they revealed massive NF changes, as totall removal of ladders etc etc :)
Whoever said that must've been taking the piss. I'm sure they could afford to stick all the remaining players on a single server and keep that running for another twenty years, but whether it'd be profitable for them and fun for the players... I don't think so.

kivik

Part of the furniture
I also do enjoy it DAoC. But DAoC is an old game, and has clearly been negatively manipulated by Mythic (Sure, they are trying to make a good job but I think many can agree on that they've fucked up countless of things).

I just hope WAR will take and evolve the endgame from DAoC, and voila you got DAoC2. See you there folks.

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
Whoever said that must've been taking the piss. I'm sure they could afford to stick all the remaining players on a single server and keep that running for another twenty years, but whether it'd be profitable for them and fun for the players... I don't think so.

It was Walt Yarbrough the producer that said it, and they're having future plans for daoc - not just tossing it away and concentrating on WAR.
Imo Mythic is trying to get the WoW population by making WAR, not to end daoc. For me WAR is just as cartoonish and unappealing as WoW is, and I know many agree with me on that.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Will be both AFAIK. Both the scenarios (instances?) and the endless RvR will be there.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
It was Walt Yarbrough the producer that said it, and they're having future plans for daoc - not just tossing it away and concentrating on WAR.
Imo Mythic is trying to get the WoW population by making WAR, not to end daoc. For me WAR is just as cartoonish and unappealing as WoW is, and I know many agree with me on that.
I suppose that if people go judging games over style/theme, people might leave WoW for WAR. But, if the rvr/pvp in WAR will be as similar to DAoC's system as I heard it will be, I wouldn't be surprised if a large part of the remaining DAoC population would head to WAR. And why not? If the game has a better quest/pve system than DAoC, which isn't that hard to imagine, and a similar pvp system, along with a much higher population, it'd be silly to stick to DAoC for anything but memories.
I'm not too impressed by the WAR theme/graphics myself, but I couldn't give a toss about that if the pvp system turns out to be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom