Game Status ?

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
People on here seem to make it out to an bad thing, and as "selling out" as moving to Avalon, to want to have a bigger playerbase to play with/against.

I dont regret for one second going over, the language barrier is hardly any trouble any more, and with the new SI XP bonuses, 50 is easy schmeasy :)

I must admit now with lotm, seems to be little or no solo action around, so if that's what youre after, you probably best off at prydwen.

If you dont mind the occational "coughs" add, and want to play for the longlivety, i'd say Avalon/Lyo cluster is the place :)

English alliances all across the realms, and plenty recruiting as far as I know.

And before someone attempts to throw holywater at me, Im just saying that he has an option.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
I did okay yesterday

But i ended up being zerged by awarkle, elcian and the rest of the so called ' soloers' :)

Ow linaz back hehe:) he is actually one of the nicest people i ever met in game:)
Taken out of context...i know:p

brad

Fledgling Freddie
really.

one week, all of albion is painted blue except for 1 keep and we`ve lost all our relics... 3 days later we`re all happy happy joy joy in your fronteer looting and pillaging...

it really seems ingame action doesn`t affect our (or at least mine) morale to the same degree as for the other 2 realms.

we take a blow, we stand up again, take another blow, we take drink, stand up again, and after taking 10 blows, we land a blow, and ... it`s game over....

no fun !!!

Well take this for example for instance. You out alone get muged, beat up abit but your okay, but you don't fancy going out again for a while.

However if your with a group of mates get muged get into a fight, there's always something in the future to laugh about if you can get over it that quickly. You therefore don't mind going out, as you know you got 'realm' mate's who will defend you if you get into that situation again.

However if your playing mid, you don't have the player base to support you, same as in hib. Therefore when things which are shitty happen over and over again you just give up. If you got muged 2-3 times in one week you would think fuck this im staying in.

Albs however don't suffer from this you always have the numbers meaning no matter what happens, there's still gonna be a fair share of you around. But albs brang it on themselves tbh with the constant weeks/month's of continuing ac'ing. The damage is already done, ' people are scar'd' for life in other words within the game and there not willing to go through it again. Like being attacked by a shark in the sea. You wouldn't be willing to go back out swimming with you. If you face something unpleasant it's a fact that people arn't going to go back and do it again.

But o well, albs are free to do what they want. Seems most hib/mids already moved to US or hib/avalon. Only the few players left who can solo or manage with smal grps have stayed tbh. But doesn't bother me i've got plenty of things to kill. I don't get weighed down either by negativism either i just keep carrying on, and i manage with the circumstances. Instead of fighting 1-2 albs at a time it's 6 random albs, but o well just means i have to play better.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Ow linaz back hehe:) he is actually one of the nicest people i ever met in game:)
Taken out of context...i know:p

:p he didn't beat me when ever he wanted to duel me, he even dumped in everyfight and so when all the rest of the mids/albs had died he decided to add when kilsimba gave me a duel.

But o well, can go on my ravage list when i see him next.

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
People on here seem to make it out to an bad thing, and as "selling out" as moving to Avalon, to want to have a bigger playerbase to play with/against.

I dont regret for one second going over, the language barrier is hardly any trouble any more, and with the new SI XP bonuses, 50 is easy schmeasy :)

I must admit now with lotm, seems to be little or no solo action around, so if that's what youre after, you probably best off at prydwen.

If you dont mind the occational "coughs" add, and want to play for the longlivety, i'd say Avalon/Lyo cluster is the place :)

English alliances all across the realms, and plenty recruiting as far as I know.

And before someone attempts to throw holywater at me, Im just saying that he has an option.

well said! and how can you not spot this Ragnarök coming!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Well take this for example for instance. You out alone get muged, beat up abit but your okay, but you don't fancy going out again for a while.

However if your with a group of mates get muged get into a fight, there's always something in the future to laugh about if you can get over it that quickly. You therefore don't mind going out, as you know you got 'realm' mate's who will defend you if you get into that situation again.

>>disclaimer !!! it`s 2 cet, i`ve been out for a few drinks. i`ve been know to make silly/stupid posts in this condition.<<

i think THIS, yes THIS is one of the big differences. A lot of the people/albs like me have been trhough a period where we used to get absolutely ravaged for YEARS when it came to going out with equal numbers. up to the point where preferably, i prefer (preferably i prefer, not htat is a fgreat sentence) not going out anymore without nubmers on my side.

yes we always had numbers on our side and we could lose most fights INDIVIDUALY and still get something done as a REALM.

Mids and Hibs never had this luxury, but untill some time ago, that didn`t seem to matter.

fg`s always did better in hib and mid than in alb.

soloers mostly did better in hib and mid than in alb.

albs mostly are able to counter any advantage mid and hib might have with bringing more people.

do you think for a second i`m not jealous about the `luxury` position mids and hibs have when it comes to picking the fights they want and avoiding the once they don`t want (a relative notion at best) ? as an alb, it seems that you`ll tear your hear out if you are not willing to think in terms of `sharing` and only in terms of `leaching` or `adding`.

Sometimes i wish i had rolled a chanter or eldritch and not a wizard. not because they have (`i pawn you`) baseline stun etc, because of the `we few against them many` claustrophobic indulging game expererience.

be a lion or be part of a pack of hienas i guess.

it seems that the realm we chose when we started (or when we rerolled for some of us) has a much bigger impact on our game than a lot of people realize themselves.

especially with dimishing numbers of players.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
plenty of people still on. It's not as active as it used to be but it's still fun.

More so if you can avoid reading FH....

Comparing the numbers between Dyvet and Limors is like comparing India and Germany atm =) That's a fact which is not made up on FH =)

liloe

It's my birthday today!

albs mostly are able to counter any advantage mid and hib might have with bringing more people.

That's BS and you know it though =) There were really good groups on all sides and good soloers on all sides =) Infils are a really tough solo stealther and groups like BDC, PE, etc. etc. (I suck at names) showed that fg action is possible as alb =)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Muylaetrix said:
Mids and Hibs never had this luxury, but untill some time ago, that didn`t seem to matter.

PE, AD rings any bells?

Muylaetrix said:

Infil's, Merc's, Reaver's, Sorc's rings any bells? Could possible name a shitload more alb classes that do very well solo'ing (and yes without any DI bot attatched to it).

Muylaetrix said:

What advantage? You mean the have bin far more organized? Yes this is true, do to constantly facing an alb zerg.

Muylaetrix said:
do you think for a second i`m not jealous about the `luxury` position mids and hibs have when it comes to picking the fights they want and avoiding the once they don`t want (a relative notion at best) ? as an alb, it seems that you`ll tear your hear out if you are not willing to think in terms of `sharing` and only in terms of `leaching` or `adding`.

Have to rewrite this tommorow, i dont get it :|

Muylaetrix said:
Sometimes i wish i had rolled a chanter or eldritch and not a wizard. not because they have (`i pawn you`) baseline stun etc, because of the `we few against them many` claustrophobic indulging game expererience.

Can't see how you can loose vs a chanter on a firewizard tbh ^^. Vs an eld it's got more todo about who does what first, but in the end you (both) still got purge. After that bolts come in effect and we all know who will win then.
The fact you made a icewizz is your own doin. Should try to find a (bombing) group then, instead of solo'ing. But i guess you still could solo if you put some effort in it.

Muylaetrix said:
it seems that the realm we chose when we started (or when we rerolled for some of us) has a much bigger impact on our game than a lot of people realize themselves.

especially with dimishing numbers of players.

Not really. Should try the other two realms first and then you will notice the weakness of your char the most and the str of the albion chars. The same counts for playing an melee char 4life and yelling, why the hell didnt you heal me, when you buggered off a mile or 2.
Should play a healing class then, and see what the problem is, instead of slacking off your healers.

No one ever said you hade to play 1 realm only. Come talk about baseline stun (on hibs casters) when you played one. Then we'll have a discussion about having lifetap on a moc'ing character.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
If people are gonna get out the Dho0o0o0mcannons everytime an old players thinks of returning then how things gonna pick up :(

Then again its Goa's fault for not having a constant supply of new players joining servers on a regular basis ... once a game relys on its old playerbase its leaning on a thin stick :eek:

P.S. Nice to see you around Eden m8 , hope you well ;)

Not Mythics fault at all, they advertise and still get new players joining the game

Thadius

Part of the furniture
PE, AD rings any bells?

Infil's, Merc's, Reaver's, Sorc's rings any bells? Could possible name a shitload more alb classes that do very well solo'ing (and yes without any DI bot attatched to it).

What advantage? You mean the have bin far more organized? Yes this is true, do to constantly facing an alb zerg.

Can't see how you can loose vs a chanter on a firewizard tbh ^^. Vs an eld it's got more todo about who does what first, but in the end you (both) still got purge. After that bolts come in effect and we all know who will win then.
The fact you made a icewizz is your own doin. Should try to find a (bombing) group then, instead of solo'ing. But i guess you still could solo if you put some effort in it.

Not really. Should try the other two realms first and then you will notice the weakness of your char the most and the str of the albion chars. The same counts for playing an melee char 4life and yelling, why the hell didnt you heal me, when you buggered off a mile or 2.
Should play a healing class then, and see what the problem is, instead of slacking off your healers.

No one ever said you hade to play 1 realm only. Come talk about baseline stun (on hibs casters) when you played one. Then we'll have a discussion about having lifetap on a moc'ing character.

I have played all three realms and I can moan about classes.

Moccing lifetap chars iis shit, thats why I never bothered with it on my sorc. True, I might be a lot higher rr than 7 before I quit, i just didnt feel like taking the easy option and using moc with s.o.i.

Baseline stun on a character with uber cast speed is a load of shite too, you are stunned and down with three to five shots, depennding on the class.

Bonedancers are a load of bollocks, can just stick to a guy, stick down a key button, go for a coffee, come back,. your on 100% life and the guy is dead. The same was for warlocks tbh, played both and got bored with both.

Played a caster tic, I can see where the whine comes from. but when you have a class like the vamp, it kinda balances out.

Shrooms are as bad, its a shame they have been nerfed to oblivion now as it is first come first served in keepdefences. But A class that can slap 10 pets down while not in los of the enmies and walk away unscathed is a bit silly, dotcha think ?:)

Bards with group purge, lol! Took that away now, seems they are a nice little class

Friars USED to take a bit of skill and effort to play them, now its just crazy, especially on the classic servers.

The only classes ive come across that seem to be a genuine skilled class are minstrels(before the harp made twisting easy :p) shamen(im biased I know, but a char with that much tools, eeven with shit damage, can be great fun to play) and valewalkers(remember seeing only a couple before all the love)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
PE, AD rings any bells?
That's BS and you know it though =) There were really good groups on all sides and good soloers on all sides =) Infils are a really tough solo stealther and groups like BDC, PE, etc. etc. (I suck at names) showed that fg action is possible as alb
Well you have to be honest too mates, he said mostly. And that is in my experience correct. It certainly seemed that a lot higher %age of the RvR population on Mid and Hib were running in successful fgs. The absolut elit groups might have been comparable to eachother, but Albs really should have had more fgs out than they have.

Yes this seem to be what he is talking about. And that this also adds to a realms low selfasteem, and thats just his point.

Muy is right to an extent. Albs have had long periods of low realm spirit. Where they just seemed like they had it harder. At the end of OF on Prydwen, Albs had absolutly nothing to say about what happened in emain. My own personal theory is that alot of albs were finding it easier to play their solo chars (minstral, Scout or Infil) instead of trying to face 3 savage groups with rediculous damage. And these periods also laid the foundaition for the Alb zerg/solo mentality.

But Muy, you are missing alot in your view about Alb. You had the Minstral/infil duo period, the ReaverBomb period and on Prydwen, Alb controlled the start of NF.

So Albs have had their highs and lows, but the difference is that they can have lows, and make up for it in shear numbers. Mids and Hibs cant...if they get a serious low, they get to low on population to make it up when the high comes around.

/Charmangle

ps. And yes hibs baseline stun is one of the single most overpowered powers in the game to this day. And yes a firewiz at rr7+ is also rediculously overpowered. And yes I play both!:) ds.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
ps. And yes hibs baseline stun is one of the single most overpowered powers in the game to this day. And yes a firewiz at rr7+ is also rediculously overpowered. And yes I play both!:) ds.

Reroll amatter sorc ;(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Not Mythics fault at all, they advertise and still get new players joining the game

Not in UK/Ireland ... Where it is fair to assume a ... fair :p amount of the english speaking pop would live ;)

Most people in games shops never heard of it in Galway and ive never in 4 years anyway seen it advertised on tv/magazines ...

So what exactly are you getting at ? Or are we just making this up as we go along ?:m00:

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
charmangle said:
The absolut elit groups might have been comparable to eachother, but Albs really should have had more fgs out than they have.

Yes this seem to be what he is talking about. And that this also adds to a realms low selfasteem, and thats just his point.

Both are related. Zerg mentality is not what makes groups, organisation does. Same goes for the huge amount of DI bots you see in albion, why not make a pug, and play your cleric for once. Think there's enough DI bots + sorcs/wizzys/theurgs to make 10 cleric/cleric/sorc/sorc/wizz/wizz/wizz/theurg pugs a day. Should win mezz with that - theurg rr5 - and 3 icewizzy's for bombage of d00m.

charmangle said:
ps. And yes hibs baseline stun is one of the single most overpowered powers in the game to this day.

Again solo mentality (mids have baseline stun, albs do to), but in defense of the hibs i'd say 2 (ment/chanter) of 3 of their casters lack range (no 1875 spells), nor do they have any melee defense at all (hi sm, bd). The last bit is ofc great with a castable stun vs det tanks.
Not to mention they dont have lifetap (givf Aolns Flowerpot moveh again)!

Thadius said:
Bards with group purge, lol! Took that away now, seems they are a nice little class

This would be the druid.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
That's BS and you know it though =) There were really good groups on all sides and good soloers on all sides =) Infils are a really tough solo stealther and groups like BDC, PE, etc. etc. (I suck at names) showed that fg action is possible as alb =)

Mm in recent history it isnt bullshit - infact time flies, i'd say what muly said on this holds true for the last year and a 1/2 at least. Some good alb groups around in that time (well part of it) - BDC and PE immediately spring to mind, oh and ofcourse TT (/wave guys! ;) ). Prior to that, granted to a lesser extent, the fg scene at least from a hib pov was more mid dominated. Not sure if the mids thought it was more hib dominated. Thats speaking from Pryd pov precluster ofc.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Both are related. Zerg mentality is not what makes groups, organisation does. Same goes for the huge amount of DI bots you see in albion, why not make a pug, and play your cleric for once. Think there's enough DI bots + sorcs/wizzys/theurgs to make 10 cleric/cleric/sorc/sorc/wizz/wizz/wizz/theurg pugs a day. Should win mezz with that - theurg rr5 - and 3 icewizzy's for bombage of d00m.
I agree, but what you missed in Muys post I think (atleast as I interpreted it), was just that! He is talking about the mentailty in general in Alb. Not the reasonable action to take. It is very hard to change a general mentality on your own. Just as he is pointing out, it is hard for Mids/Hibs to change the its over mentality we are having atm. (which is the comparison he is going for)

And in that he is somewhat right. Alb seem to have the mentality that FGs are more of a hassle than small groups/solo/zerg. Where ever and when ever the mentality came from is irrelevant, but its there and it heavily influences the realm, making it weaker.

But as I argue with him, I do think thats a way smaller problem for Albion, than the decline in population is in Mid/Hib. So they are not really comparable...since Albs can make up for their shortcommings in fgs with pure amount of people instead.

What you and Liloe was doing, was arguing that Muy tried to say that it wasnt possible to make a good Alb group. Which as far as I read he never claimed.

Again solo mentality (mids have baseline stun, albs do to), but in defense of the hibs i'd say 2 (ment/chanter) of 3 of their casters lack range (no 1875 spells), nor do they have any melee defense at all (hi sm, bd). The last bit is ofc great with a castable stun vs det tanks.
Not to mention they dont have lifetap (givf Aolns Flowerpot moveh again)!
This would be the druid.
I dont agree with you at all here. And its a point that seems to be missed by almost everyone who have not faced baseline stun very much in solo/zerg action.
Having baselinestun on a char combined with heavy damageoutput is no where near the same thing as having to work out assist trains with a tricky order/range/line of sight. If you were talking about a 30 second stun then maybe, but with the 6-7 seconds we are talking about its just not on the same continent. 90% of the caster targets that get baseline stunned in zerg know they are dead when the stun hits them. When you get stunned by a cleric or healer in a serg you know that you will most likely make it unless you are facing several casters on assist + the stunner.

In fg as you seem to be arguing, then I agree, the baseline stun is not as powerful. But Id hardly say that fg is the only no solo view.

Also the drain is very powerful in the solo arena, but it can never beat the baseline stun of hibs. (with that I dont mean the that it can never kill a baselinestunner ofc, but in the more general meaning instead)

In the end, stun is a WAY to powerful tool to even exist in a MMORGP. A target should never ever in a million years be totally incapacitated, it is boring and OP!

/Charmangle

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well you have to be honest too mates, he said mostly. And that is in my experience correct. It certainly seemed that a lot higher %age of the RvR population on Mid and Hib were running in successful fgs. The absolut elit groups might have been comparable to eachother, but Albs really should have had more fgs out than they have.

On the other hand the amount of good fg's - if you look at the %age - wasn't that high in Mid and Hib either. Lots of hibs fell prey to the alb zerg on a daily base =)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
You are over egging the baseline stun argument there. If you wanna take the situation of a load of alb zergers who have stuck all their points in damage passives, sticking to a tower then yea, they will die if they wander out into the open now and again to a stun, but for solo/small group action, exactly as tuth points out, 2 out of 3 classic hib casters are stuck with spells at 1500 base range. They shouldnt even be able to get that stun off against a good enemy. Add in an enemy caster who hasnt actually stuck everything in damage passives and i'd say fair chances on both sides.

Tuth again had a good point with it about being mentality, to moan at baseline stun is a solo argument - it completely overlooks the fact that small alb groups would have stun available to them as well - it is the attitude of a realm that runs around as individuals, with another 20 individuals.

Now don't get me wrong, it is powerful, but it isnt the be all and end all, as usual there are counters, and nothing that good play cant deal with.

Anyway as said, if it was removed you'd have to seriously revise and rebalance the hib spell lists as the casters would be underpowered.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

i am not telling FACTS, i am telling IMPRESSIONS here. what we discuss can not be stated as facts, we can only try to give as accurate impressions as we can, impressions may varry from one person to antoher.

PE, public enemies i guess ? BDC, not sure. anyway they are from pryd i think.

alb excall had things like old schoold GoL and FC they might have been good, but imho they never had the impact of Dem Hibbies, Red Guard, llaw Arian, Vengence, black company, terra dominus...

DEM HIBBIES WAS A TRAUMATIZING EXPERIENCE !!!

seeing 100 albs die in the open field, 1 every second against just 8 people...

ofc we became scarred lemings.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Comparing the numbers between Dyvet and Limors is like comparing India and Germany atm =) That's a fact which is not made up on FH =)

india has more people and more poverty than germany.

germany beats india on EVERY other domain.

what were you trying to compare ?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
i am not telling FACTS, i am telling IMPRESSIONS here. what we discuss can not be stated as facts, we can only try to give as accurate impressions as we can, impressions may varry from one person to antoher.

PE, public enemies i guess ? BDC, not sure. anyway they are from pryd i think.

alb excall had things like old schoold GoL and FC they might have been good, but imho they never had the impact of Dem Hibbies, Red Guard, llaw Arian, Vengence, black company, terra dominus...

DEM HIBBIES WAS A TRAUMATIZING EXPERIENCE !!!

seeing 100 albs die in the open field, 1 every second against just 8 people...

ofc we became scarred lemings.

PE = Public Enemies, BDC = Boys Don't Cry (Elaine, Duact(?), Miffa, VF etc.) and I could add Angels of Darkness(Pryd), Band of Brehons, Black Falcons, The Brethren(well ok, in OF that was)... =)

Trust me, GoL was a traumatizing experience for many Hibs aswell ^^ Well, albs just didn't stand up and organize in that time, there was a quite similar bomb group to DH on Lyonesse back then, just with ice wizzies =)

Trust me, we ran into tough Alb groups with our GG =)

india has more people and more poverty than germany.

germany beats india on EVERY other domain.

what were you trying to compare ?

Numbers =)) Simply numbers =)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
PE, AD rings any bells?

nope, those are from pryd and predate the cluster. i got no clue appart from the name and storries.

ok, if you are a mid or a hib, and you get a really decent fg, you can go surf zerging the alb zerg. constantly fight 2-3 times your number, kite the whole lot around the zone, get huge killspam, earn shitloads of rp, and have great fun in general laughing at the noob albs who all rush to you hoping to score a few rp.

you can NOT do this as alb. so yes, i think as a high RR hib or mid, you have more options than as an alb.

fire wiz > chanter > ice wiz when it comes to 1 vs 1

i techinically can solo, hell, even rejuv clerics can solo. it just doesn`t work out well. soloing on my rr 2 friar is more fun than on my rr 11l3 ice wiz.

i should have rolled a mana chanter or mana eldritch ;) i like to pbaoe.

do you think gradiuus got to 10l4 with only sticking my arse and running di ? i think i understand all too well what it takes to keep someone alive as all too often i have to keep myself AND often 6 other people alive on my own on my second computer.

i actually have a chanter on pryd;). the stuff i can do with it in bg`s and pve make me cry over my ice wiz.;) ice wizzes have one advantage and that`s ranged ae-dd

oh and as far as i am concerd, both baseline stun and baseline lifetap need a nerf ;)

1250 range (slightly shorter than nuke range) on stun and 3 sec cast time (longer than baseline or pure spec DD) on baseline lifetap and you won`t hear me complain no more.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

always had more groups out, but a much higher % of pugs than the other 2 realms, and lets face it, these were just food for the mids and hibs who enjoyed all those crap alb groups.

selfesteem, yes that`s the word, you are getting what i am saying.

Albs have had long periods of low realm spirit. Where they just seemed like they had it harder. At the end of OF on Prydwen, Albs had absolutly nothing to say about what happened in emain. My own personal theory is that alot of albs were finding it easier to play their solo chars (minstral, Scout or Infil) instead of trying to face 3 savage groups with rediculous damage. And these periods also laid the foundaition for the Alb zerg/solo mentality.

the periode where most alb groups died the moment apk became out of sight and we had to sometimes struggle for hours to get to amg, and needed GoL or some other high RR alb group with 50 frustrated albs on stick to break through amg. after which GoL kindly asked not to stick them anymore and those 50 albs died anyway within a minute of getting through amg and beeing on their own again, lol.

So Albs have had their highs and lows, but the difference is that they can have lows, and make up for it in shear numbers. Mids and Hibs cant...if they get a serious low, they get to low on population to make it up when the high comes around.

i think that was more or less my point, yes. albs can make up for defeats with numbers, mids and hibs cant.

yay one of my RL analogies now !!! (feel free to flame)

2nd world war (AGAIN!!) albion is russia, midgard is germany. russia could afford to loose the first 2 years of the war. germany could not afford to lose one major battle without it turning the tide of the war. numbers and resourcers.

you want me to brag about the damage i get on muy when i respeced fire to check it out (i do once in a while, for a few days) ? damage cap of 818 on nuke and 1234 on spec bolt, 890 on base bolt. 50 + 21 fire, mom 5 , wp 5 , int 3 , dex 4. it`s a joke.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Both are related. Zerg mentality is not what makes groups, organisation does. Same goes for the huge amount of DI bots you see in albion, why not make a pug, and play your cleric for once.

i think mids have a bit of badluck when it comes to classes with DI in rvr.. :/

hm, i think that this is what you`ll find me do most of the time actuall, you got far greater chance to see me running with a PuG that includes gradi than the two of us as a duo. or did you mean leave the wiz at home and play cleric as a main ?

Think there's enough DI bots + sorcs/wizzys/theurgs to make 10 cleric/cleric/sorc/sorc/wizz/wizz/wizz/theurg pugs a day. Should win mezz with that - theurg rr5 - and 3 icewizzy's for bombage of d00m.

and what do you think the ratio ice / fire wizards is in rvr ;) ? name one `skilled` ice wizard out there. name one skilled ice wizard who soloes.

if you put 3 wizes in a group, you`ll find that you lack a lot of essentials for the rest, lol. but i guess inside laby it`s far more of an option than in the open field, yes. gime 2 clerics, friar, mincer, reaver, 2nd ice wiz and a theurg :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I agree, but what you missed in Muys post I think (atleast as I interpreted it), was just that! He is talking about the mentailty in general in Alb. Not the reasonable action to take. It is very hard to change a general mentality on your own. Just as he is pointing out, it is hard for Mids/Hibs to change the its over mentality we are having atm. (which is the comparison he is going for)

And in that he is somewhat right. Alb seem to have the mentality that FGs are more of a hassle than small groups/solo/zerg. Where ever and when ever the mentality came from is irrelevant, but its there and it heavily influences the realm, making it weaker.

But as I argue with him, I do think thats a way smaller problem for Albion, than the decline in population is in Mid/Hib. So they are not really comparable...since Albs can make up for their shortcommings in fgs with pure amount of people instead.

What you and Liloe was doing, was arguing that Muy tried to say that it wasnt possible to make a good Alb group. Which as far as I read he never claimed.

fook, gone make you my spokesman if you continue like this.:drink:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Anyway as said, if it was removed you'd have to seriously revise and rebalance the hib spell lists as the casters would be underpowered.

i actually agree there, yes. how about 1250 range on the stun and a single target snare in another baseline on top (mana seems a good place to put the snare) ?

decrease the 1500 standoff i win button a bit and increase survivabily with longer duration single target CC vs melee targets.

just an idea really.

imho, the baseline stun is OP, but you cn`t take it away without cripling hib casters either, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom