would this be a good idea for the game

censi

Can't get enough of FH
if you soloing you have a flag option you can tick or untick...

if you tick it then you cannot attack grouped players and they cannot attack you. Also players without this option ticked cannot attack you and you cannot attack them.

toogling between the option has a 30 minute cool down timer and you can only toggle it on or off at the border keep.

Also this option gets automatically disabled if any keeps or towers are on fire within 5000 units of you.

would this create a good solo sub game to daoc that actually implementable? or are there things that could be exploited here?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
it will piss your guild mates off though tjalle.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
if 2 "flagged checked" players are engaged in combat with each other they cannot be attacked by other "flagged checked" players.

or

if a "flagged checked" players gets 300+ RP without a deathblow he gets flag check disabled for an hour(or more)

maybe

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Not a bad idea. Though the 30 minute cool down thing is a bit unreasonable I think.

Regarding the ungrouped people zerging the flagged soloer, I don't see why that would be a big deal.

It's not nice but you still have more chance of finding a fair fight with this flag system then you would without it, you will never get a perfect system for every possibility.

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
The main problem with it is the exploit of spying. It would allow a flagged soloer to obtain enemy numbers, around strategic locations with no or little risk to the said soloer.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
it would mean that another soloer would have to go out and face the challenger (would fit with the roleplay aspect of the game) in the times of Camelot warriors would call each other out for single combat on the battlefield.

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Also it would allow non-flagged players to get to dock areas/sieged keeps/towers without soloers still in flagged mode being able to touch them. An idea I don't think would be too popular among many stealthers.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
if 2 "flagged checked" players are engaged in combat with each other they cannot be attacked by other "flagged checked" players.

or

if a "flagged checked" players gets 300+ RP without a deathblow he gets flag check disabled for an hour(or more)

maybe

Knowing Mythics coding there would be stupid amounts of bugs with this, what if someone uses an ae effect hitting other players around them. And is it always a fight to the death or what if someone runs away or rests, when does that fight then end, or does it never?

I cant see this working really, yes its annoying if you get added on in 1v1 but its the game, the game was designed to be played for any playstyle, adding, zerging, 8v8, 1v1, 3v1, 14951v1 I personally NEVER attack a soloer unless I have good reason for it, i.e. they are a known adder or general asshole :). If I see 2 or more enemy hitting 1 realm mate I will gladly help him out

Its all down to situations, respect and honor at the end of the day

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
good idea if I start getting owned by fg's again.
but I manage to stay alive;<

good idea.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the game was designed to be played for any playstyle, adding, zerging, 8v8, 1v1, 3v1, 14951v1

the fact that a full group is capped at 8 players, RP is optimum when in a FG, group based spells effect group members suggests to me a lot of daoc RVR is designed for 8v8.

The fact that stealthers are not competative to join FG's. And abilities like remedy are put in the game to effect specifically assasin V assasin, and thing like "lone enforcer" titles exist etc etc suggests to me some of daoc RVR is designed (even though I used the term in its loosest fashion) for people who want to solo.

The fact we have keeps and towers where players get protection from attacking forces, the fact we have crappy rog drops ( :) ), the fact we get AOE spells, siege weaponary and relic keeps etc etc suggests to me an element of the game is designed for widescale mass RVR.

The problem is all 3 elements of the game are thrown togther. Widescale mass RVR is chaotic and you can understand that "anything goes" in this chaos, avoid the chaos if this doesnt appeal to you! However there seems to be a lack of segregation for small scale rvr and group RVR. IE the groups can blast the nutz of the soloers quit happily with no penalties (if fact its in your interests to do it :) rp). Thats why we need some in game mechanism for segregating different scale RVR. The daoc history book has proven that you cannot leave this up to the players to do :)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Interresting idea, but i don't think it would work.
Some of the excitement of soloing is that you never know what's gonna happen and to sometimes take out more than one guy. It's always annoying to be added on and die, but it's very satisfying when you manage to beat 2-3 people, or kill both the add as well as the one you were already fighting. ;)

A flagging system out in the frontiers could be abused in some ways. It's kinda wrong if a group has to disband a member to kill an annoying soloer who's following them around.
It would be better with a solo battleground instead, where people can't group up or attack someone already engaged in combat.
Though i think a BG like that would only be active the first few days, then people would get bored of the safety of it. A bit like the solo zone.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Sometimes ... a 1vs1 ... is nothing close to .. 'fair'
Still... if anything to 'help' solo rvr become a bit more viable...would be welcome

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
sounds similar to the WoW pvp system and i didnt like it there
there nothing to stop a grp hitting dispand and ganking you then regrpping

illu

Part of the furniture
Interesting but I don't think it would work, and it would suck attacking someone and they were "immune".

I think get rid of DI so that people are killable, and again it would be nice to have maybe a limit on the number of people that can attack you so that you can't be "zerged" down, but again - it would be really confusing to implement.

At the end of the day - it's good fun having close scraps, the only thing that pee's me off is the travelling time between fights. I would love some sort of permanent instaport to either 1 area or a small amount of areas, far away enough from important places or keeps, but enough so that you can zap in and out and have a quick look at what is happening. Like small battlegrounds. It's just annoying sometimes having up to 10 minutes per fight that you might not win (because you have to take a boat) whereas if a realm has instaport, the fights are much quicker to get to.

Oli - Illu

Punishment

Resident Freddy
if you soloing you have a flag option you can tick or untick...

if you tick it then you cannot attack grouped players and they cannot attack you. Also players without this option ticked cannot attack you and you cannot attack them.

toogling between the option has a 30 minute cool down timer and you can only toggle it on or off at the border keep.

Also this option gets automatically disabled if any keeps or towers are on fire within 5000 units of you.

would this create a good solo sub game to daoc that actually implementable? or are there things that could be exploited here?

It removes the skill involved as a soloer to kill 2-3-4 man's imo :(

Sure i have been added on by certain people countless times , but the buzz of winning against the odd's is always worth the former when you do pull it off ... Daoc would get pretty boring pretty quick if it became one big duelling arena tbh :eek:

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
It removes the skill involved as a soloer to kill 2-3-4 man's imo :(

Sure i have been added on by certain people countless times , but the buzz of winning against the odd's is always worth the former when you do pull it off ... Daoc would get pretty boring pretty quick if it became one big duelling arena tbh :eek:

thats why i sit down on the job for you, to make it fun:)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
thats why i sit down on the job for you, to make it fun:)

I stalked you 2 from the far side of Crau west bridge as i knew where you were gonna go from watching my 2 rl m8s play their sorc+cabby duo owning peeps at door :D

You sitting down was the cherry on the cake tbh , and tbh i gave you enough rps for one day in fairness :(

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
sounds similar to the WoW pvp system and i didnt like it there
there nothing to stop a grp hitting dispand and ganking you then regrpping

Hence the 30 min timer between "flagged".

Nice idea imo censi, would sure stop the leigon of DI users ganking anything less than a duo.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
You'd end up with the very hard to kill visibles camping all the solo areas - a fg wouldn't be able to flatten them, a bunch of soloers wouldn't be able to gang up to remove the bonedancer/necromancer/etc.

(and if they could it would just stop the stealth zergs grouping, they'd still gang up...)

Even without these problems I'd still say it'd be a bad thing for the game. The more daoc heads towards "just pvp" from RvR the less unique it gets and the more likely people are to defect to another game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom