Game Status ?

cmr

Banned
Tbh he plays Dyvet, get some substantial infos before digging an hole by yourself :p

i cant belive the word dyvet has caught on its so gay :(

and eden try it for yourself and see what fun you can find yourself. only way to find out...... if you want somthing doing do it yourself!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Because you have absolutely nothing constructive to say and constantly run down a server (and its players) that you don't even f*cking play anymore.

Other than that, no reason whatsoever.

Who's saying i don't play this cluster anymore? Look at my sign for example, tbh. Secondly i'm in entitled to an opinion, especially since i do play in Dyvet.

thergador said:
don't move forums m8 if you dont want to Freddy house has it own /ignore clicky you know im sure more and more for the doommoggers will be added to people list so you be able to push your own doom saying with out affecting anyone,just thought if you move server you might wanna move forum but nm

Just lolz, lemme repost a clicky from another thread :O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial

Ironic that people who regularly play the server and are being positive are the one's being told that they are making idiotic posts. This is FH though so I shouldn't be surprised.

Like i said, I regularly play the server and all i'm noticing is a differance between albs saying the server is fine and others who have a different opinion should fkoff from this board.

Think about it.

And whats with the hostile attitude anyway?

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Who's saying i don't play this cluster anymore? Look at my sign for example, tbh. Secondly i'm in entitled to an opinion, especially since i do play in Dyvet.

Just lolz, lemme repost a clicky from another thread :O

Like i said, I regularly play the server and all i'm noticing is a differance between albs saying the server is fine and others who have a different opinion should fkoff from this board.

Think about it.

my bad thought you had moved to Avalon, just seems strange that your tell peeps not to come back as more peeps will increase the population and as

WOW has lost 21million players since TBC expansion daoc has a chance to get some older players and i might improve the game.

lotr beta test are resulting in the beta testers giving up

WHO look like its not going to be what people thought

as for denial my be im privie to information that your not, as i if thing's go right dyvet cluster will be a lot more active, should happen around mid summer.

"its the people you know that makes a man"

as for hostel sorry if you took it that way was silly oclock in the morning (was working on daocinfo webby) might have been tired, wasnt my intension, and i think the only time i reffed to you was when i said im sure you know that FH has its own /ignore.

but any way less doommoggering and the server population will creep up and support its self till mid summer,
i have seen lots more hibs in rvr lately mostly high RR not up to the numbers of mibs or albs they never have been on uk severs though

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
We can live in hope ;)

Incidentally, there's a difference between someone who regularly plays the server discussing problems and someone who's only posts are it's so much better on other servers and how this server and it's players are crap, constantly posting negative shite because they have nothing better to do. Perhaps you'd like to point out to them how their posts "don't do anyone any favours"?

Ironic that people who regularly play the server and are being positive are the one's being told that they are making idiotic posts. This is FH though so I shouldn't be surprised.

Posts saying 'you dont play duvet anymore, so dont come here' don't do anyone any good. Infact, they can only further discourage people who might otherwise consider coming back - thats people asides from the poster you are responding to. It doesnt help if both responses are negative, but what would help is if you made a reasoned response to the original poster highlighting the positives of the server.

And what's actually ironic is how the responses from existing duvet players are so much more vitriolic than posts from those who have left.

I can understand people getting sick of others posting about dyvet being dead - but the response piss off and post somewhere else really doesnt help the situation.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
my bad thought you had moved to Avalon, just seems strange that your tell peeps not to come back as more peeps will increase the population and as

WOW has lost 21million players since TBC expansion daoc has a chance to get some older players and i might improve the game.

lotr beta test are resulting in the beta testers giving up

WHO look like its not going to be what people thought

as for denial my be im privie to information that your not, as i if thing's go right dyvet cluster will be a lot more active, should happen around mid summer.

"its the people you know that makes a man"

as for hostel sorry if you took it that way was silly oclock in the morning (was working on daocinfo webby) might have been tired, wasnt my intension, and i think the only time i reffed to you was when i said im sure you know that FH has its own /ignore.

but any way less doommoggering and the server population will creep up and support its self till mid summer,
i have seen lots more hibs in rvr lately mostly high RR not up to the numbers of mibs or albs they never have been on uk severs though

Fair enough and lets hope things do improve.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie

Because this...

Let's see. Alb, alb, alb, random mid, random troll (alb too?). Think Eden is searching for a bit more then the same enemies in a dueling arena 24/7.
Then again, you're right. Let him find out for himself and i recon he will! :fluffle:

Ohh and for those that are saying the cluster is alive and kicking:

:(

simply isn't true - and there's been enough bullshit from people who don't play the server any more that many of us who do are just tired of the negative crap. The nights I've played there's been plenty of fun to be had for many different people. Sure the Labyrinth isn't over run with people but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

So I got it wrong about you not playing the server. I still stand by the point that if you are enjoying it so little then why keep playing? That's just bonkers.

I can understand people getting sick of others posting about dyvet being dead - but the response piss off and post somewhere else really doesnt help the situation.

Actually I said just leave the server if you aren't enjoying it (once I'd seen the guy still does play) - a bit harsh maybe but as you correctly spotted a reaction to the constant posts about it being dead (when for many people it isn't). I mean, you have to ask yourself what will possibly be gained by running it down all the time (not to mention why do some people insist on running it down all the time)?

brad

Fledgling Freddie
It's more a "Community" fault tbh. Eden let it go (since i know what's your playstyle), tried to solo on my shade last week, it's ABSOLUTELY shit. And the rest of morons who tells ppl that Dyvet is alive and kicking: at least add "for zergers" at the end of your idiot comment, thx.

I did okay yesterday :p

But i ended up being zerged by awarkle, elcian and the rest of the so called ' soloers' :)

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Gif link to 2nd ns movie again tbh, remember it from ages ago and liked it :p

kivik

Part of the furniture
I played RvR with my shadowblade a while ago in an attempt to start capturing for a last movie, I logged off after a 20 minutes I think.

Going to try again later on, maybe I'll meet you out there eden.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
when exc/pryd merged, there was ~700 in prydwen, ~1k in excal, nice rvr after that and before, atleast in prydwen.
now? ~600 in cluster.

dunno what vent wrong?
peeps who spam in forum how great place avalon is whit 2k+ playerbase?
goa?
toa?
game just is old now?
albs 50%+ population in cluster and ignoring mids problems whit population?
/level command?
st zergs?

well, its anyway too late now.
fun you can still have but dont waite anymore samekind action what there was 1y ago.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
People saying dyvet is dead for soloing have either simply had some bad experiences of late or are not looking at the broader picture. The last times I've been logging in I've found soloers a plenty, just that I haven't been killing them because of my suit and time away making me very rusty :D

Dyvet still has a lot to offer and the negativity from both crowds isn't exactly going to help it. Everyone seems to be a lot more hostile recently on these forums (I know theres always been hostility but not this bad). In game is another matter; everyone still seems to be having fun and if they aren't, they should probably be asking themselves why they're playing the game.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
plenty of people still on. It's not as active as it used to be but it's still fun. More so if you can avoid reading FH....
avoiding the few dozen doomsayers on FH will get you a long way indeed.
Well might be, but its still a scientific wonder that its basically only Albs that argue this...

Or might it be that its just not fun for Mids and Hibs since the Albs chose to ruin the game by their playstyle even though they had horribly overwhelming numbers.

It is not a doomsday attitude to say the game is very very hard to play as a Mid or Hib at the moment.

3 months ago there were never less than 6-8 sticky threads about raids in the mid section. Now there 1, and has been so for quite a while.

Alot of people left, and mainly from the 2 smaller realms. Meaning the game is fully playable if you are an Alb. But not so much if you belong to any of the other 2 realms.

/Charmangle

ps. But if you want to play daoc as it was supposed to be played, try Avalon out. The game rocks over there. Alive, vibrant and action 24 hours a day. ds.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Alot of people left, and mainly from the 2 smaller realms. Meaning the game is fully playable if you are an Alb. But not so much if you belong to any of the other 2 realms.

yes, i am slow, i know. some stuff needs time to sink in. i guess i agree that dwindling numbers made the game harder for mids and hibs than for albs.

So what are albs suposed to do ?

taking the enemies into consideration up to the point that you can`t do anything left as an alb without feeling you are griefing someone ain`t fun either.

oh well, at least relic ballance has been restored. if i manage to leave the lab again (just too much fun in there), at least i can go paint midgard red again wihtout having to have a shred of remorse :).

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
yes, i am slow, i know. some stuff needs time to sink in. i guess i agree that dwindling numbers made the game harder for mids and hibs than for albs.

taking the enemies into consideration up to the point that you can`t do anything left as an alb without feeling you are griefing someone ain`t fun either.

oh well, at least relic ballance has been restored. if i manage to leave the lab again (just too much fun in there), at least i can go paint midgard red again wihtout having to have a shred of remorse.
Not sure I get what you are getting at?
I in no way implied that Albs did anything wrong latly.
What I was driving at was a realm with 2 times the numbers of either of the other 2, resorting to a continuous tactic of only raiding when there were no enemies online, and thereby removing the other realms entire reason for the siege warfare scene.

And then in some sort of defencive mode they/you argued that its not damaging to the game, it has had no visable effect and the game is actually better off without the healthy population numbers.

In short, its important not only to see to the side you are playing, but to the entire server. And the entire server is not well (which is the topic of the thread), Albs are probably ok (not sure, but I guess they are since thats what it sounds like from you and Flim), but Mid and Hib are infact in a critical state. Our biggest and most successful RvR guilds no longer have BPs to sustain more than towers. Meaning soon there wount be a keep claimed to more than LvL 5, and seeing that Albs are still going strong, they will have a massive numerical advantage, All Relics (eventually), enough BPs to have the keeps claimed Strong, and facing almost no enemies, and unclaimed realms.

You cant do anything to help Mids/Hibs with this problem any longer, its to late for that. The only thing that can turn it around, is if we get an insurgance of people, that left for other servers, comming back.

So you do what you want, how you want, Zerg, ACraid, what ever your heart feels like, it wount make any difference what so ever. The damage is already done, and you and a few more are directly responsible for it...unfortunatly you didnt/wount understand the effects of you actions before it hits you in the face when the server is entirely empty of Mids/Hibs.

/Charmangle

ps. And Muy, I really dont think you are slow, but I do think you are trying to fit the game into a mold that would work fine with a large healthy population, and miss the point that the same idea doesnt work when there are just enough people to make things workable. You need to be ALOT more sensitive to early warning signs ingame when the population is that shakey, and you didnt. If it was on purpose or not only you can answere...ds

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Actually I said just leave the server if you aren't enjoying it (once I'd seen the guy still does play) - a bit harsh maybe but as you correctly spotted a reaction to the constant posts about it being dead (when for many people it isn't). I mean, you have to ask yourself what will possibly be gained by running it down all the time (not to mention why do some people insist on running it down all the time)?

Correct, with an ommission. I was actually refering to this post you made https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=3104597&postcount=25, which is infact with regards the forum itself rather than the server.

And again, nothing can be gained by running down the server however neither can anything be gained from being rude and abusive to people who are running down the server. I wish people wouldnt revert to FH type all the time and would respond positively to negative posts (in this case by listing why the server isn't dead) rather than negatively (with the get off our land reflex posts). So lets see you extolling the virtues of the server a great deal more, you dont fight fire with fire you fight fire with water!

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

oh well, at least relic ballance has been restored. if i manage to leave the lab again (just too much fun in there), at least i can go paint midgard red again wihtout having to have a shred of remorse :).

Stop running around in fg's during 'dead times' and sitting on top of bridges and towers all the time, and dont run over soloers? Funny on Saturday I think it was when all a fg of albs could think of doing was running onto DC west bridge and camping there for ages, I mean, come on guys, split into duos and trios when there is no othe groups or zergs around - all you do is kill the action for everyone else. I refuse now to even look at people on that bloody bridge - it just encourages them to keep doing it.

Though it aint only albs who guilty of this.

The server is dead for full group action and will remain so until some sort of clustering, no denying that, but it is ok for solo and duo. Though saturday was pretty quite even solo - the dilluting effect of Labby had taken its tole.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
ps. And Muy, I really dont think you are slow, but I do think you are trying to fit the game into a mold that would work fine with a large healthy population, and miss the point that the same idea doesnt work when there are just enough people to make things workable.

i only play 1 realm, 1 server. mids and hibs are the enemy. a prety one side view, isn`t it ?

You need to be ALOT more sensitive to early warning signs ingame when the population is that shakey, and you didnt. If it was on purpose or not only you can answere...ds

yeah, i don`t hear hibs and mids complaining, unless it is on the boards, and there nothing had changed in 4 years, or so i though. people are always complaining on the boards.

after wave 49 of whines of `oh noes albs destroyed the game`, i just didn`t think whine 50 would have been different, but it was. hey, after 4 + years of basline stun+nuke+nuke = dead, we got used to it. it`s still as OP as back then, i stil hate it with a passion, i came to accept it.

even sorcs complain on the boards, go figure.

i had given up on considering the boards as an indicator of server health and had more and more my own alliance/ guild / friends as reference, and i HAD NO INDICATION WHATSOEVER that something more than usual was wrong.

after all the shit albion xcall had been through for 2 years in OF, without it seeming to have any impact on albion morale/numbers (appart from the fact that we all got brainwashed/damaged into believing/accepting that we are imcompetent lemmings who can only win if we outnumber) , i was just as surprised as most albs to see how badly the other realms were suffering in morale.

i didn`t see it comming tbh.

cmr

Banned
oh noes ablion is underpowered thats why we loose! never have i read such crap before

tbh you got it right the first time your a bunch of lemmings

and your the first lemming off the cliff for bringing up crap about OF

Ormorof

FH is my second home
(appart from the fact that we all got brainwashed/damaged into believing/accepting that we are imcompetent lemmings who can only win if we outnumber)

what you mean its NOT true?!?! damn :)

ive been back for approx a week now and have had a lot of fun, logged on my runie and got a group straight away, had some fun fights against both albs and hibs near hlid i think it was, even managed to get some artis done :p

would be nice with more people on the server of course but hey, thats life ;)

(and when there was loads of people on the server the whine was about zerging and too many people playing in the same place hah!)

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
i had a really good time today was soloing all day didn't get zerged/added on to much made for some cute footage though ^-^

thanks for ze buffs anyone who gave <3

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Muylaetrix said:
i only play 1 realm, 1 server. mids and hibs are the enemy. a prety one side view, isn`t it ?

Yes it is, whats your point with it? You feel they are the enemie irl aswell, and shouldnt have fun playing daoc on Dyvet?

Muylaetrix said:
yeah, i don`t hear hibs and mids complaining, unless it is on the boards, and there nothing had changed in 4 years, or so i though. people are always complaining on the boards.

Where else can they complain?

Muylaetrix said:
after wave 49 of whines of `oh noes albs destroyed the game`, i just didn`t think whine 50 would have been different, but it was. hey, after 4 + years of basline stun+nuke+nuke = dead, we got used to it. it`s still as OP as back then, i stil hate it with a passion, i came to accept it.

even sorcs complain on the boards, go figure.

The stun, nuke, nuke argument has bin done to death. Every char has its str and weaknes's, but i guess you havent figured this out in 4+ years. It's this reason why you need a DI bot to compete in rvr still.

Muylaetrix said:
i had given up on considering the boards as an indicator of server health and had more and more my own alliance/ guild / friends as reference, and i HAD NO INDICATION WHATSOEVER that something more than usual was wrong.

Mebbe it has something todo with your 1 sidedness.

Muylaetrix said:
after all the shit albion xcall had been through for 2 years in OF, without it seeming to have any impact on albion morale/numbers (appart from the fact that we all got brainwashed/damaged into believing/accepting that we are imcompetent lemmings who can only win if we outnumber) , i was just as surprised as most albs to see how badly the other realms were suffering in morale.

i didn`t see it comming tbh.

Morale whas lowered by symptomatic ac'ing, even after people whinged about it over a year. Yet still people continue'd. People left because of shite play and now you say you are surprised they did?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

Fair points, but at respect for Muy, he's one of the few who seems to of taken a serious look at the server, and taken into account the posts and responses on FH, and has actually appeared to of had a softening of attitude. Now I hope to see him out solo now and again. Infact, he was out solo a few days ago on his wizzie. So nice one.

That stun whine not going anywhere ofcourse, but never mind, weve all got our axes to grind. If you removed stun from classic hib casters they'd have to undergo a complete revision of the spell lists, as they'd be woefully underpowered.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Fair points, but at respect for Muy, he's one of the few who seems to of taken a serious look at the server, and taken into account the posts and responses on FH, and has actually appeared to of had a softening of attitude. Now I hope to see him out solo now and again. Infact, he was out solo a few days ago on his wizzie. So nice one.

That stun whine not going anywhere ofcourse, but never mind, weve all got our axes to grind. If you removed stun from classic hib casters they'd have to undergo a complete revision of the spell lists, as they'd be woefully underpowered.

I'm just beeing bitter :x

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
The stun, nuke, nuke argument has bin done to death. Every char has its str and weaknes's, but i guess you havent figured this out in 4+ years. It's this reason why you need a DI bot to compete in rvr still.

it`s not because it`s an old ahlf drowned cow that`s been ditched in the gutter a few times, that the thing is much less relevant now than 4 years ago. and i just took at as an example of something people have whined over for years too.

Morale whas lowered by symptomatic ac'ing, even after people whinged about it over a year. Yet still people continue'd. People left because of shite play and now you say you are surprised they did?

yes...

people whined over baseline stun, sorcs, warlocs, bianshees for years now. some of that stuff is still there, some of it is not. some people certainly left the game over those issues.

what can i say... ? it`s shit.

what happened here was a bunch of mass hysteria that fuelled itself into an effect that grew far bigger than whatever had caused it.... imho.

it seems at some point, server population or attitude reached a point where the `totall war` concept of the early years became unsuportable for a portion of the mids and hibs. albs have traditionally had superior numbers but were more often than not up against an unspoken agreement between mids andhibs to kill albs first... i think that wasn`t a bad thing maybe, as long as it was kept as a sort of truce with no fiddling via icq or msn or whatever.

we outnumbered, but indiviually or fg vs fg, we did tradiotinally worse than the other two realms. we could afford to loose a majority of fights and still win battles due to our nubmers. this strange form of `ballance` seems somewhat lost though.

dwindling numbers, easyness to realmhop, it all contributed to it i guess.

it seems now that in rvr, with enough coordination and effort to listen, you can force a decisive battle and completely crush the enem BG (and will) and take prime time relics within 3 hours as an alb. as albs, using those tactics (surrender 3 keeps if nesc, let the enemie scatter its resources while doing nothing more than letting thems slowly advance, while building up a solid zerg on 1 spot, that`1s larger than the enemie BG, and then utterly destroy the enemie BG and overwhelm the rest of their fronteer in the vacuum thus created) toying with morale can be soo much fun. i`ve seen more than 1 fg of mids or hibs jumpign of the back of a tower and fleeing for deer life when the call `muylaetrix ad portas` was heared. just like i`ve seen shitloads of mid or hib groups retreat from a tower after hearing my laughter from inside.

attacking moraleon large scale, which was soo good in the early years, seems more and more a strategy that is seen as griefing by enemie players and is thus very hard to keep doing :/

then again, you kill someone in a rvr zone, and he`ll cry grief on FH... sigh

we havent spoken the laast word on the issue yet i gues.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

it`s silly to run with an ice wiz allone, but at least in the lab i can get a few rp once in a while while solo on my ice wiz, which just doesn`t work in the open.

i made a friar to solo, jsut dinged 50, at least that class can effectively solo.

that was just an example about something people have been whining for years about. i could have used sorcs instead of the example of the baseline stun ;) it`s not like i expect people to NOT whine when someting affects their game while they are not online, it`s just at one point AC`s stopped being something to just whine about and thyus could be ignored as a result, and started being a reall issue apparantly.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

really.

one week, all of albion is painted blue except for 1 keep and we`ve lost all our relics... 3 days later we`re all happy happy joy joy in your fronteer looting and pillaging...

it really seems ingame action doesn`t affect our (or at least mine) morale to the same degree as for the other 2 realms.

we take a blow, we stand up again, take another blow, we take drink, stand up again, and after taking 10 blows, we land a blow, and ... it`s game over....

no fun !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom