Food Fruit and Meat

where do you stand?

• I love fruit on EVERYTHING cos i am infact a fruit!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes god forbid a pizza gets anything close to authentic!

Would be a boring pizza really; old bread(not dough), tomato sauce, some random junk from the kitchen(like a potato, part of carrot, maybe (lucky) some chicken bits :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Would be a boring pizza really; old bread(not dough), tomato sauce, some random junk from the kitchen(like a potato, part of carrot, maybe (lucky) some chicken bits :p

Huh?

I thought it was rather accepted that Marinara (the real one) and Margherita were the first pizzas, not a sandwich with tomatoe sauce.

Ontopic: While I like pizzas with as much as possible on them, they really don't taste as much pizza as a classical Capricciosa :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No, that's what the first pizzas were. I'm not talking about thef first modern pizzas, but pizzas in all their glory.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Huh?

I thought it was rather accepted that Marinara (the real one) and Margherita were the first pizzas, not a sandwich with tomatoe sauce.

Ontopic: While I like pizzas with as much as possible on them, they really don't taste as much pizza as a classical Capricciosa :p

margherita was named after a queen who accepted a piece of bread with some tomato and cheese on it in Naples (i believe the legen goes like that anyway :p )

but basically, bread cheese tomato and MEEEEEEEAAAT

none of this olive shiz, go take your salty balls somewhere else!

Lethul

FH is my second home
margherita was named after a queen who accepted a piece of bread with some tomato and cheese on it in Naples (i believe the legen goes like that anyway :p )

but basically, bread cheese tomato and MEEEEEEEAAAT

none of this olive shiz, go take your salty balls somewhere else!

Margherita = Tomato, cheese and basil (to represent Italys new flag at the time). I.E The first tomatoe pizza :)

Marinara= Tomato, Garlic, Oregano and Oliveoil (afaik the first pizza)

:)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Guys drop it, he has read somewhere that once apon a farmtown in italy,
they made this potato-carrot bread and named it pizza, and thus this must be = to an authentic pizza.

Now that Potato-carrot bread might well be part of the origin behind the pizza,
but in No way does it qualify as what would be perceived as an authentic italian pizza.

But! dont hold your breath ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You do know how to twist things Olga, but hey, that's you :p

I did read it actually, from studying material in school. I didn't however compare it to an authentic ittaaaalian pizza, which is the basis of modern pizza(as i said already).

But as the word authentic goes, the famrville pizzas are AS authentic as they can go.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I didn't however compare it to an authentic ittaaaalian pizza, which is the basis of modern pizza.

This is however is the level on witch "lethul, Orm and my self are speaking.

Thus if you say Authentic Pizza, most! people will understand that Pizza Margherita style of pizza is implied,
not carrot-potaot bread, or greek plakous, or mediteranian flatbreads,
or anything els wich may and do also contribute to the orig of the pizza !

I've got to try this (white sauced?) Potato-carrot bread someday though,
I'm guessing some form of old footstomped wild fermented alchoholic red gape
juice that bares some resembles redwine would be the perfect drink to this meal ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Weeell, you ocntinue that pedantic moronity all you want ;)

Lethul was calling what i said a sandwich, which it wasn't, but an original pizza style(it's not potato-carrot bread either, but random junk from kitchen).

You only later brought in the authentic italian part.

The original pizza style is also authentic.

The pizza Margherita, original, WAS a bread with toppings.

Just because you think i'm arguing with you, doesn't make it so, as i never argued the origin of the modern pizza.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Yes Obviously I ment Icelandic pizza, when refering to authentic pizza!

And Potato-carrot bread is definatly a thing now! so just accept it and move on.
yes, this was the best pic i could find damnit!
aloosandwichstuff.jpg

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i had a pizza with chopped beef and red peppers today, it was rather delicious :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes Obviously I ment Icelandic pizza, when refering to authentic pizza!

Well i wasn't referring to icelandic either.

Authentic italian is NOT the only authentic pizza though, so assuming everyone thinks italian is the only authentic is silly, EVEN if talking just about modern pizza.

FYI; it's a potato carrot pizza ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
according to Wikipedia, nobody knows where it comes from originally;

Pizza is a type of bread and dish that has existed since time immemorial in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine. By 997 the term had appeared in Medieval Latin, and in 16th century Naples a Galette flatbread was referred to as a pizza. The pizza was a baker's tool: a dough used to verify the temperature of the oven.[citation needed] A dish of the poor people, it was sold in the street and was not considered a kitchen recipe for a long time.[citation needed] Before the 17th century, the pizza was covered with white sauce.[citation needed] This was later replaced by oil, cheese, tomatoes (after the discovering of America) or fish. In 1843, Alexandre Dumas, père described the diversity of pizza toppings. In June 1889, to honor the Queen consort of Italy, Margherita of Savoy, the Neapolitan chef Raffaele Esposito created the "Pizza Margherita," a pizza garnished with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil, to represent the colors of the Italian flag. He was the first to add cheese.[1] The sequence through which flavored flatbreads of the ancient and medieval Mediterranean became the dish popularized in the 20th century is not fully understood.

and it was queen margherita who was given an italian flag coloured pizza which originated from flatbread (but DEFINATELY not made of potatoes as they werent brought to Europe until ol' Colombus stumbled on Americas ;) )

Olgaline

FH is my second home
How about fruit with meat ?

I mean, think about it, a delish choclate covered strawberry, with a porkish suprise!

but on a more seriouse note, if your the type to say, Yuk! to this:
Grilled Venison Chops
20070920225914_grilled%20venison%20chops.jpg

Apple and Date Glazed Pork Tenderloin
20070920224925_apple%20and%20date%20glazed%20pork%20tenderloin.jpg

then I for one dont get you, but then again, I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
according to Wikipedia, nobody knows where it comes from originally;

and it was queen margherita who was given an italian flag coloured pizza which originated from flatbread (but DEFINATELY not made of potatoes as they werent brought to Europe until ol' Colombus stumbled on Americas ;) )

Yeah, but there's enough info of pizza existing before the margherita, like i said already :p

And FYI; the potato was an example of a topping.

And still, like said, the pizza margherita(the start of Olgas auuuthentic ittaaalian :p) was a sandwich according to Lethul :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Stop blabbering about you Potato-carrot bread already.
Authentic pizza is from our perspective = Margherita
For you, it's potato-carrot bread, and that fine by me.

So lets just leave it at that, and get back on topic yes ?
Fruits and meat!

Lethul

FH is my second home
And still, like said, the pizza margherita(the start of Olgas auuuthentic ittaaalian :p) was a sandwich according to Lethul :D

Are you seriously this retarded?

"Would be a boring pizza really; old bread(not dough), tomato sauce, some random junk from the kitchen(like a potato, part of carrot, maybe (lucky) some chicken bits"

See, I never said a Marherita was a sandwich. I said a peice of bread (NOT DOUGH!) with some random stuff on it is a sandwich.

Silly me tho, of course the original pizzas would consist of the medieval Mediterranean specialties potatoes and carrots! Pizza pretty much means flat bread. Exactly as it is today.

I have no idea what you mean with "old bread(not dough)", are you insinuating that modern pizzas are not baked at all? Or is some kind of special Finnish pizza? Or did they use some special bread that did not require a dough?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
what kind of fruit would they have had in the middle east to put on their pizzas back in times of yore?

you could get inventive!

First Date Pizza :p

though knowing those greeks it probably would be covered in olives :(

Olgaline

FH is my second home
that would more or less be a Focaccia though no ?
bread, olives, rosemary...

Olgaline

FH is my second home
what kind of fruit would they have had in the middle east to put on their pizzas back in times of yore?

you could get inventive!

First Date Pizza :p

though knowing those greeks it probably would be covered in olives :(

This derves it's own thread imo!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Stop blabbering about you Potato-carrot bread already.
Authentic pizza is from our perspective = Margherita
For you, it's potato-carrot bread, and that fine by me.

Err, no, that's what you think and that potato-carrot bread is also your idea :p

Are you seriously this retarded?*snip* special bread that did not require a dough?

Original pizza that was mainly used by farmers etc, poor people, was to use what you had left to make it. Bread and random crap on top.

Modern pizza doesn't uses pizzadough, which is rather different from regular bread, or the bread used in those older pizzas.

But since you claim that a piece of bread with stuff on it is a sandwich, then the original margherita was just that!

The problem with you two morons is that you take an example as a definition.

Seriously Lethul? A negrep for this? Riiight. Time to switch to decaf there buddy :p

FYI: i gave you a rep just to show there's no hard feelings, maybe that'll replace the teddy that obviously was stolen from you.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
so what is real pizza dough? if the dough used on pizzas is not it?

i have had many types of pizzas, and would a dough that is used for the purpose of making a pizza automatically be classified as a pizza dough?

sure there are many types (deep pan, thin and crispy, those crrRRRRazy ones with cheese in it, for that matter why has no one yet put that cream cheese with shrimps stuff in the base of a pizza yet hmmmmmm)

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
i think where missing the point here fruit on pizza is ace and should be eaten at all times :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well normally pizza dough is a bit blander, while technically it's a yeast dough(like some bread). And imagine a loaf of pizzabottom as a bread, not really regular :p

Main difference in modern and ye old pizza is that ye old pizza was done on an already baked bread.

The original margherita was most likely a bread dough with topping, or even a ready bread topped and lightly cooked.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Yes!
Us morons, how dare we question the Potato carrot bread with chicken bits as
being authentic Pizza!

We'd gladly hear more examples though, of this undough'ed farmerbread..ehr..sorry Pizza!

on a side note, I' think you were they only one who did not get that lethul was refering to
your suggestion as being a sandwich due your own "old bread(not dough)" comment.

All this talk of sandwiches and pizza, ahs made me hungry so,
Thus I shal now go eat me a some homemade Focaccia and
day dream of potato-carrot-bread "damnit!" sorry...not bread! Pizza!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom