Food Fruit and Meat

where do you stand?

• I love fruit on EVERYTHING cos i am infact a fruit!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gohan

FH is my second home
been talking to house mate (who clearly is part demon) about the evils of fruit on/with meat

ie apple sauce on pork
pinapple on gammon
cranberrys on turkey

and of that age old evil pinaple on PIZZA

ect ect ect

personaly im of the opinion that i wouldn't top my steak with ice cream so dont fruit up your pork!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
PIneapple on pizza is awesome :p

Coconut/pineapple noodles rocks too.

Oh and cranberry sauce on ham, oh yeah.

Yummies all around :D

FYI; ice cream on a steak is awesome too.

Answered the second, cause it's not against fruit on meat :flame:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tomatoes are a fruit. The staple of Italian cooking is the tomato. Italian food often consists of tomatoes and meat. It is widely acknowledged that Italian food is the finest in the world. QED. You're a tasteless peasant.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tomatoes are a fruit. The staple of Italian cooking is the tomato. Italian food often consists of tomatoes and meat. It is widely acknowledged that Italian food is the finest in the world. QED. You're a tasteless peasant.

Well tomato is only a fruit according to pansy botanists :p

Prove it easily by giving you a tomato/cucumber/rosebud salad when you ask for a fruitsalad and see you go "Arrr!"

gohan

FH is my second home

tomatos dont count, as toht said, if i gave you a fruit salad with a tomato in it you'd be fucked off it's clearly a vegtable

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
As DaGaffer said, you're a tasteless peasant

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A tomato is more specifically a berry to be pedantic.

And ofc you can have fruit with meat, why would you not?

Venison with a cranberry sauce is one of the greatest meals of all time.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Certain fruits in certain sauces are awesome. Many curry recipes also use a lot of fruit.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
As DaGaffer said, you're a tasteless peasant

The pizza, one of the greatest culinary inventions and one of the most popular, and possibly most versatile in it's ability to please different tastes, was invented by peasants.

Nyah :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Most recipes were invented by peasants. The rich didn't cook.

DaGaffer

tomatos dont count, as toht said, if i gave you a fruit salad with a tomato in it you'd be fucked off it's clearly a vegtable

That would depend on the fruit salad; if you gave me a tomato and avacado salad, that would be fine. There are plenty of fruits you wouldn't mix and plenty you would.

Same with fruit and meat; loads of curries and oriental foods have fruit and meat in them for example; you couldn't even have Thai curry without coconut.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
sweet and sour pork has pineapple in it too

Oh, and what about chocolate in chilli

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I've never understood the idea behind melon with ham.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Most recipes were invented by peasants. The rich didn't cook.

Yeap, right you are. Though they did steal a lot of recipes.

As they do today also, rich cooks steal downtrotten recipes.

That would depend on the fruit salad; if you gave me a tomato and avacado salad, that would be fine. There are plenty of fruits you wouldn't mix and plenty you would.

Same with fruit and meat; loads of curries and oriental foods have fruit and meat in them for example; you couldn't even have Thai curry without coconut.

Think the point is more towards; tomato etc are fruits when botanists are concerned, but when cooking is concerned, they're veggies.

Which is true.

gohan

FH is my second home

i hate coconut anyway in anyform so that NP also when people start stickign raisens on my curry it never ends well

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Apple sauce with pork. YUCH!
Pineapple with gammon. YUCH!
Cranberry sauce with turkey. YUCH!
Pineapple on pizza. YUCH!

DaGaffer

Think the point is more towards; tomato etc are fruits when botanists are concerned, but when cooking is concerned, they're veggies.

Which is true.

Says you. The counter-argument; I wouldn't ever drink any vegetable juice (carrot juice etc. is vile), but I would drink tomato juice, along with most other fruit juices. As far as I'm concerned, its a fruit.

i hate coconut anyway in anyform so that NP also when people start stickign raisens on my curry it never ends well

So basically, you're real argument is you don't like fruit.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Says you. The counter-argument; I wouldn't ever drink any vegetable juice (carrot juice etc. is vile), but I would drink tomato juice, along with most other fruit juices. As far as I'm concerned, its a fruit.

Not really "says me", says the facts ;)

And for the more pedantic fact people; Oxford dictionary(reliable enough?) says this; "So, the answer to the question is that a tomato is technically the fruit of the tomato plant, but it's used as a vegetable in cooking."

Your argument on carrot juice being a veggie juice and tomato juice being a fruitjuice is dependant only on your dislike of carrotjuice.

So basically your real argument is "i don't like carrotjuice" :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
you wouldnt know to look at you gohan that you didnt like fruit

olol

gohan

FH is my second home

So basically, you're real argument is you don't like fruit.

no i love fruit on its own or in some sort of dessert, just not on savoury food

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I'm not a huge fan of fruit, though I do like it with some savoury stuff; grapes with cheese on toast is heaven (don't grill the grapes mind thats just eeuch!), hawaiian pizza is my fave and apple sauce is alright for pork chops but red pepper jelly is nicer. Therefore I am unable to vote in your poll because a suitable option does not apply for my preferences.

gohan

FH is my second home
I'm not a huge fan of fruit, though I do like it with some savoury stuff; grapes with cheese on toast is heaven (don't grill the grapes mind thats just eeuch!), hawaiian pizza is my fave and apple sauce is alright for pork chops but red pepper jelly is nicer. Therefore I am unable to vote in your poll because a suitable option does not apply for my preferences.

i disagree you are clearly an option 1

now get out my sight

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So you realy must hate me for voting #2 since it's the most positive thing on fruit on meat on the poll :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Pineapple with pizza is just wrong on so many levels.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
nooo I don't love it on all meat, tbh it's mainly just with cheese; therefore I stick to my original point...that you smell.

Thank you and good night.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
right a tomarto is fruit (get over it) :p

and pinapple on pizza is the sex along with brown saurce on crumpets and peanut butter (try it sounds wrong but so right)

ps
i have no cooking skills.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
With you on this goh, fruit on this stuff is wrong. Save it for your sweetie dish stuff.

Fruit ---> :lol: <---Meat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom