Help HELP!! Stag do next year - ideas and recommendations?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hi Gang - I know there'll be lots of room for jokes in all of this, but I am also after some serous input if possible. My best mate gets married Aug next year, and for some sad and unknown reason I am best man. I need to find a venue for 4/5 nights between 14th and 25th June 2024.

We're all drinkers, so booze and clubs are significant.

Cost considerations are we can do quite expensive, but not extreme.

I heard many all inclusives are now limiting drink consumption... so perhaps all inc isn't the right choice? (Discuss)

We've considered already locations, so to narrow this down it's 'western europe' unless someone has a brilliant alternative.... think spain, canary isles, perhaps portugal?

I'll most likely die in the heat at that time of year, but this is about my mate having a great time

Group size - probably about 10-14, so somewhere with similar choice nearby might be helpful.

Yes, I know I am mad.... please help!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Fuck knows. No one's invited me to one in ages :(

Barcelona was pretty cool when I went on a stag do there.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuck knows. No one's invited me to one in ages :(

Barcelona was pretty cool when I went on a stag do there.
Yeah... at my age I shouldn't be doing this, but my best mate is a cunt... god knows why anyone would marry him tbpfh!

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Canary Islands won't (shouldn't) be as hot as the mainland or Portugal in June.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
More importantly how tall is the group....
Fuck you, big nose - at least we don't have to book extra nose space on our flights :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Hi Gang - I know there'll be lots of room for jokes in all of this, but I am also after some serous input if possible. My best mate gets married Aug next year, and for some sad and unknown reason I am best man. I need to find a venue for 4/5 nights between 14th and 25th June 2024.

We're all drinkers, so booze and clubs are significant.

Cost considerations are we can do quite expensive, but not extreme.

I heard many all inclusives are now limiting drink consumption... so perhaps all inc isn't the right choice? (Discuss)

We've considered already locations, so to narrow this down it's 'western europe' unless someone has a brilliant alternative.... think spain, canary isles, perhaps portugal?

I'll most likely die in the heat at that time of year, but this is about my mate having a great time

Group size - probably about 10-14, so somewhere with similar choice nearby might be helpful.

Yes, I know I am mad.... please help!
Ibiza? Rent a villa with a pool. Might get a good deal in with that kind of group compo. Don't tell em you're a stag do though, they'll see the blow-up doll and grannies undies strewn about the place soon enough :D

Orrrr Slovenia and do a winery tour? Less clubbing more drinking and eating. Awesome nature. Also the wine area there is essentially Tuscany without being in Italy. Or, just go to Tuscany. Bit more mature and refined this one, but you know the group best and it might not fit.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Go to Germany and take in a Euro 2024 game. Timing is perfect. It doesn't really matter who's playing so I'd suggest booking the trip around Hamburg or Munich and watching whatever game fits the time you're there.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Generally 45-55 ?
Excuse me Mr. Elder sir, there are still several of us here who are still in their mid 30s. Not my fault you guys groomed us to feel old. (WRONG side of 30s from October though.. 2027 won't be my favourite year)

On places to go... I mean there's always places like Ibiza,. Cyprus, and Turkey. Can do plenty down there. Bit of a flight though. Hot weather, cheap booze, all inclusive exists.

Seville? Blackpool? Monaco?

Oh wait. You're old. I know an OAP building down the road who'll do midday drinks and then let you nap if you want?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Excuse me Mr. Elder sir, there are still several of us here who are still in their mid 30s. Not my fault you guys groomed us to feel old. (WRONG side of 30s from October though.. 2027 won't be my favourite year)

On places to go... I mean there's always places like Ibiza,. Cyprus, and Turkey. Can do plenty down there. Bit of a flight though. Hot weather, cheap booze, all inclusive exists.

Seville? Blackpool? Monaco?

Oh wait. You're old. I know an OAP building down the road who'll do midday drinks and then let you nap if you want?
Just give Jup the address of the closest OAP home, he won't know the difference apart from bring ya own booze.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Met with a co-organiser this evening, and we're homing in on Canary Isles, probably Tenerife. We think 4 nights, THU-TUE would be ok, and because there are about a dozen due to attend a package deal block booked could be on the cards. Obviously noone likes herding cats, so I am going to be very specific about stuff......

1. You are either 'Go With The Flow' - GWTF aka let us organise the booking and turn up at the airport on time
2. 'Make Your Own Plans' - MYOP aka we'll tell you where we'll be and when, then fuck off and sort yourself out

Co-Org was asking 'what about peeps coming in from Dubai or the US' etc.... I said 'Fuck' em. If they are GWTF then they get to the airport in good time, or become MYOP, we are NOT wiping kiddies noses.

Am I being harsh, or does this sound sensible?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Am I being harsh, or does this sound sensible?
Only way to do it.

If you're booking, make sure you get the cash up front. Tell 'em you need it in your account by X date (and all their details) or they make their own way.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Only way to do it.

If you're booking, make sure you get the cash up front. Tell 'em you need it in your account by X date (and all their details) or they make their own way.

Yeah the categorisation idea is so we can tell people 'if x, y, or z then you become MYOP....

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Tbh I wouldn't be too strict. Give a fella the option to opt out if they don't want to do something. That said, by all means organize stuff and if its paid stuff then a bloke gotta commit. And buy you a pint for being flexible.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'd be more tempted by Cyprus tbh, either Ayia Napa or Paphos. Similar length flight from the UK, better weather, friendlier locals, better food.

We're just outside Ayia Napa currently, it's just over 30 degrees so warm but not unpleasantly so, but I went over to near Paphos to play Aphrodite Hills Golf Course yesterday and with the wind it was perfect.

We've been a few places on holiday, but this is the first place we could be easily persuaded to buy a place out here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom