FHOTia, minecraft server?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Interest if anything.

I was thinking about making a server after i move(next weekend, enjoy the break :p), but if someone already has means to pop a 24/7 server for people to join in, that would be even better.

Rules wise i'm thinking;

- don't be too much of a dick(ofcourse in FHOTia, your house might go boom).
- Only be a dick if you feel there's a reason(another rp thing).
- Respect people who RP.
- Creepers, explosives etc, all in the game, no silly modded world ;)
- Keep it fairly civil, kinda like CoC here, with racism etc bull out.

Commentd etc welcome, just thought i'd throw the idea out there since minecraft with other people is much more fun ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh ofcourse if someone can recommend a good 24/7 everything goes rp server, that would be grand too :D

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I've been wanting to start minecraft so if someone does I'll join in.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Coolsticks, some interest in it atleast, and it doesn't ofcourse have to be non-friend-exclusive etc, so if someone ahs a friend who's not a complete knob, bring 'em along :p

I'm to sure if i can move a server from one place to another, have to look into it, but the server would be down for days anyway when i move.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Already got a server up, 12GB ram. SSD disc running on it, and a i5 core processor. Currently me, and 2 other ex DAoC players on it =) Havent gone public with it yet, since I only want trustworthy members

Chosen

Resident Freddy
If anyone is interested in joining, please just send me a PM :)

Mods I am running on it atm:

Movecraft - Can create aircrafts, boats etc wich you can drive
Stargate - can create portals to get from one place to another
Realms - Can zone in your buildings, so people cant destroy it
iConomy - Can sell everything you have mined, and run auctions
Craftbook - You can create bridges, and different type of gates and traps
Blastpick - You can activate this to make digging more efficient, but you wont get drops.

Waiting for bukkit to fully release their server version, so I can improve it even more. Going for more of a mine your own materials/survival server.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ooh, is it a 24/7 server too?

Also is it like a regular minecraft world, wth creepers etc?

Size? Big enough for a FHOT invasion? :D

throw me an address anyway, could come build a hut or something none the less.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, it stays up for 24/7. Only downtime it have had is when I upgraded my computer =) (I upgraded it only for this server), and when my GF turned it off once without notifying me. :p

It is a natural server, planning to have creeps and everything(That is one of the fun part about Minecraft, scared shitless while mining down).

Atm, I got people able to build whatever they want, and trying out different random mods on it. And everything you build now will always stay, even tho I will change for bukkit =)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
What kind of specs does minecraft need computer wise?

Are you guys talking about the beta or the buy game?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Minecraft is still in beta, and that is the buy version =) Costs 15 euro I think if you havent bought it yet. And specwise it doesnt require much at all :p Even tho, the server requires shitloads of ram from my computer :p7

and yeah, it should be strong enough for a FHot invasion =)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Haha awesome. I'll get it this weekend while the missus is away for a few days. I'll send you a PM then for details? :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, it stays up for 24/7. Only downtime it have had is when I upgraded my computer =) (I upgraded it only for this server), and when my GF turned it off once without notifying me. :p

It is a natural server, planning to have creeps and everything(That is one of the fun part about Minecraft, scared shitless while mining down).

Atm, I got people able to build whatever they want, and trying out different random mods on it. And everything you build now will always stay, even tho I will change for bukkit =)

Ah cool, i'll hop in there tonight and begin building my evil fortress of doom...or a wooden house...or mud :p

Fun thing about minecraft is that after you buld a house and even if you have to switch server, it's still fun to start over.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
It's so freaking addictive tho :p Everytime I plan to build something small, I end up building castles etc. 4 nights ago I was going to build a small minecart track, and I ended up building one that reached around all the current buildings xD (And that is not a short track)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Toht, make one! I promise not to make a giant cock with lava coming out the top if you do.

Will

/bin/su
Mods I am running on it atm:

Movecraft - Can create aircrafts, boats etc wich you can drive
Stargate - can create portals to get from one place to another
Realms - Can zone in your buildings, so people cant destroy it
iConomy - Can sell everything you have mined, and run auctions
Craftbook - You can create bridges, and different type of gates and traps
Blastpick - You can activate this to make digging more efficient, but you wont get drops.
The mods actually put me off. Mainly, why have a portal mod when they are in the main game?

Vanilla all the way.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
The mods actually put me off. Mainly, why have a portal mod when they are in the main game?

Vanilla all the way.

Because the portals is in the singleplayer version, but not in the current multiplayer version =) Thats why I had to add them there.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Anyway, mods is just for testing out atm, seeing what mods to get when the final version of the newest server application comes out.

I am also planning to buy my own dedicated server in a couple of weeks with its own 100 Mbit line, to launch the server on. But until then the server is running on one of my personal computers.

If you want in, just send me a PM!

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
To be fair, Notch has suggested that he will be supporting a modding community when the game is finished - with the caveat that they are on his approved list. I would guess though that the most popular mods will probably end up in future minecraft releases anyway - he seems to have a pretty solid dev team now and they seem to listen to the community.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I have my own server up at the moment (private) using Bukkit, and I have been making some Plugins for it :) So if you guys move to Bukkit (I recommend doing so as when Minecraft is updated tomorrow/today hMod will stop working and it looks like no one will bother updating it, whilst Bukkit will not break) and you guys have any plugin ideas then I can make them for you if you like.

I'm currently working on a pathfinding AI for the NPC's etc.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Hey there Keit, I might want a word with it =) Trying to move over to Bukkit now, as I heard it runs alot more stable then the modified version a fan made out of a old hey0 application. But can't seem to find the download file on their site.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
To be fair, Notch has suggested that he will be supporting a modding community when the game is finished - with the caveat that they are on his approved list. I would guess though that the most popular mods will probably end up in future minecraft releases anyway - he seems to have a pretty solid dev team now and they seem to listen to the community.

Yeah, I know Bukkit is working on a deal with them atm, making it easier to create mods for the game. But as Notch said himself, he got no idea when the game is "done" and ready to be released at full :p So I will just have to do with fanbased applications atm

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you wish for me to host a dedicated 24x7 server on my internet based infrastructure let me know... Need some info on what is required and then I can build and handover the server to you guys to run (that is if there is a linux server available....)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
The server is atm outdated(new Minecraft patch out today). I will install the new server application when I get home in a hour or so. And make sure to fix it. This time I will use Bukkit as I have managed to get it down.

And to deebs, if you got a nice line where you can run a dedicated server and able to use remotecontroll, then I'd love to have a word with you =) Else I can just buy a server wich I can setup at 24/7 with a dedicated 100mbit line inn and out.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I certainly have the bandwidth but it will not be running windows, urgh. Having looked around I see that the server is actually based on java and can be run without a gui having to be present.

So I need to now discover how one would control the server, via some form of client or a telnet/ssh interface....

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Either that or you have to be able to have a open communication line up with me, so that I can instruct you. Or send you the files necessary, there is some small coding work to do in the files, creating groups and not allowing people to grief etc.

When it comes to the line, then 1Mbit out for every 4 players should be more then enough. So if you have a 10 Mbit line out, then you can run 40 players at the same time on the server. The server should have 2GB of ram, and a decent processor(Believe it or not, but running the server eats ram).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom