Question Minecraft

Laddey

FH is my second home
What are you ment to do on it? I hear its good for killing time, so i downloaded it and well i just dont get it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I would also like to be enlightened on this subject.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
FH Minecraft Server - FreddysHouse

Hop on over and ask the question, plenty of folk there to answer all and any minecraft related questions.

Also free to join on our server(when it's up) as fresh meat is always welcome :flame:

In a nutshell; Mine stuff, build whatever you want. It's a lego simulator.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Dig down. Get rock, build stuff.

Have a word with chosen and see if you can get an invite to the FH server. have a look round there for inspiration.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
It's 8bit lego for geeks.

I've never understood the appeal either.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Its a bit more than lego, especially with the recent updates, The game is aiming towards alot more structure.

Basic premise is that you have to survive in a land, where most things are trying to kill you. Its up to you if you want to build massive structures for protection, or just spend your days hunting monsters and looking for chests in dungeons or a million of things like building up an army of tame wolves or vast farmlands. You could build complex contraptions using redstone as electric circuits. Or you good jump on with a buddy and build something great, or play survive against Zombies etc. The great thing is that its up to you, how you want to play. When you get bored download some mods or new textures packs.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yep, the update which came out yesterday added a lot to the game.

There is not a better exploring game out there tbh.

I feel sorry for all those people who say it's "Lego Online" and it's for kids, clueless.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In a nutshell it is and easiest to explain to people.

If you don't like building random stuff from ground up, you probably won't like minecraft.

Laddey

FH is my second home
So there are enemies and you can be attacked etc?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Well, basically most have been described here. When it comes to multiplayer, there is two main types of a server

SMP(Survival Multiplayer): The most common servers, where monsters spawn during night(dark caves) and you have to survive through the days by building shelters(Or by hunting them down).

Creative: This is where you have unlimited recources, and there is no monsters active. The only purpose here, is to build whatever youre imagination sets you to.

You can also choose servers based on running vanilla or not. Which means if it is a plain server, or using plugins to make it more attractive.

FH Minecraft server is in reality a SMP server, where all monsters are active. There is also a mod added which turns the game even more into the RPG genre(Adding skills, leveling up pickaxe/axe etc).

All plugins currently used at the server, can be located here:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/fh-minecraft-server-384/246845-servers-plugin-list.html

What usually get people hooked is the freedom to build whatever you can imagine(Anything is possible to build, and you can even build advanced mechanics now).
The monster part, and now the newly added villages/premade caves makes the adventure part of the game even more exiting! And the best part is, that there is no limit to how big the world can be :)

Here is a map of the FH Minecraft server(One of the worlds):
FH Minecraft map - If you hold the mouse to the right, you can click on the greenbox to get a indept view of the structures.

Underneath you can see a very little part of what people have actually built on the server right now:

Attachments

• 2011-08-28_10.07.07.png
    2011-08-28_10.07.07.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 2011-06-18_01.14.06.png
    2011-06-18_01.14.06.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 2011-08-28_10.07.02.png
    2011-08-28_10.07.02.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 2011-08-28_10.08.21.png
    2011-08-28_10.08.21.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 2011-08-28_10.09.40.png
    2011-08-28_10.09.40.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 4

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, all the monsters suck though apart from Creepers which are a bit annoying to kill..

At the moment there is no danger exploring at night, as long as you have a Stone Sword..

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, all the monsters suck though apart from Creepers which are a bit annoying to kill..

At the moment there is no danger exploring at night, as long as you have a Stone Sword..

Then you should check out the new monsters added in 1.8 ;P They are freaking you out.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Shit that is impressive.

No mods or anything on my iphone game though i don't think.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Shit that is impressive.

No mods or anything on my iphone game though i don't think.

You yourself do not have to run any mods, as that is something I am only required to run on the server. But you should really get MC on your computer, and come play with us on the FH server :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
You yourself do not have to run any mods, as that is something I am only required to run on the server. But you should really get MC on your computer, and come play with us on the FH server :)
Further i look in to the game the more appealing it becomes.

I may join you on the FH server mate. Thanks

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not sure you can with the iphone version, if its anything like the android one.

Need to buy it, think its £10 or so.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Minecraft World Explorer is the one on my iphone. Havn't checked for any other versions.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Minecraft

best tenner ive spent on gaming in a long time there really is some impressive structures that people have built. the only thing that limits you is your imagination

i was the same as other people i bought it and thought this is a dud, i did some digging got bored. died alot then i built a small house and thats when it clicked with me, i thought hey now ill turn this into a skyscraper so i built up and up till i hit the world limit and built a viewing platform on the top its basic and shit but its mine and im still proud of it and i daresay it gives one of the best views of the server.

then i decided to build a pyramid cos everyone has one :p i used lava to make it look cool i died alot during this build rage quit many times but i got it done. i was twiddling my thumbs after that and thought i know ill build a dam think along the lines of the hoover dam in the USA be glad to show it and some of the other great stuff people have built if you buy the game

also im not posting it cos i dont know if chosen wants it common knowledge outside of the game but there is a real time map of the world you can access via a webpage shows you everything basically and it has a 3d option so you get an idea of the shape of peoples builds.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Then you should check out the new monsters added in 1.8 ;P They are freaking you out.

Yeah, I have, they are still far too easy to kill, Enderman don't work right at the moment though in SMP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom