FHOTia, minecraft server?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Uploading it now, it should be done in 2 mins. Just copy and replace the files that are already existing in the server folder!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jinglebells said it was persistant.... Are you saying it is not?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I don't find it persistant. What server mod are you using? Bukkit?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am using the files you uploaded.

If you use IRC I am on quakenet in #freddyshouse

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Im in on the FH server. Woho. Noticed someone built a little box to hide in. If it wasnt for that i'd been dead :p

Yeah that was me after I'd been killed once - there's a crafting box in it too

Sadly there's some weird issue on my desktop that means my NIC dies after playing it for a bit :(

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Yeah that was me after I'd been killed once - there's a crafting box in it too

Sadly there's some weird issue on my desktop that means my NIC dies after playing it for a bit :(

Well that sucks /: Hope you get it running again. I have made it so it holds more people now ;)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
It's more fun the way it was originally, when nothing had been built. Last time i booted up in the middle of the wilderness, now i just end up in an already built area with lots of cr*p.

Deebs, you should really revert to the old files again. (double post fail)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
The server is endless, you can go anywhere to find a new place with nothing on it and build. Starting a whole new map, when people have spend the last 2 weeks on building things that took days is not good :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
But for your sake, I will add a new spawn where noone have built. So you "spawn" in a new world!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
But for your sake, I will add a new spawn where noone have built. So you "spawn" in a new world!

Not too far away ty. xD

But i am still convinced it would be more fun for people at least new people to spawn in a new place where noone built and help eachother to build shelter etc.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Just trying to get a hold of deebs first, I need to install a new mod for it to work :p And no worries, I wont spawn you on another planet or something :p If you logg in now, I can make you your home location for yourself!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fettoken you have to see it as "You are a new citizen of FHOTia, go forth and make name for yourself." and so on.

I kinda like it starts off in Sir Chosens fortress and village, gives it more life.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heh, kinda yeah. If we put our collective non-rp minds to it, we can create a proper starting area, with a tour of the landscape, some quests(have a few ideas how to implement them) and get people introduced to the game.

Heck, we can even have two factions when i get my evil sorcerer city built :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
There is actually mods that add coop quests to the game. Saving the princess etc :p

Mey

Part of the furniture
My tower near to Levi's house is going well. Two stores high so far and a massive underground mineshaft that has no stairs :/

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i went ld, and now i can't connect to minecraft.net. Reset my router and all that but doesn't seem to do anything, is it down or something?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I cant connect either, seem to be problems with the minecraft.net port or something

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
These problems occur occasionally - it tends to be a bandwidth issue with the minecraft servers. Usually within half an hour you can log in again. Obviously it tends to happen around peak times and especially at weekends, but to be fair it is still a pretty early beta and the popularity has taken them by suprise. It is a no win situation for them really - really popular beta, but has to be an open playable preorder so they can afford to set up the company ect. Must be a nightmare for them really.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Same happened to me, not sure what the problem is. Got back in again right away.

Sometimes the java client boots you when idling to much tho

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I think I know the problem, trying to get a hold of Deebs to fix it. But havent seen him for a couple of days. Problem now, is that server is most likely dumping the ram, and when only 1gb is dedicated then it starts lagging alot when 5-6 players are on it.

I got a new command that recycles the ram, and a command and how to fix to dedicate more ram to the server.

But to do this I need Deebs =)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am round my Dad's at the moment. When I get home I'll try and get online.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Ok, good. I wrote everything to you in our IRC chat. What to change etc :) atm, the server is running on 1g dedicated ram, but it will only allow for 6 - 12 players to play at the same time.

+ the command that we are using, dont recycle the ram. So I gave you that aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom