FHOTia, minecraft server?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Waiting for Bukkit to update their client before I can start up the server again, for those who can't connect yet. I hope they will do this tonight =)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
im still running my server. its hosted on an SSD drive due to it causing server lag when it saves every 10 minutes

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
The Beds are quite cool, and the redstone repeater, oh and the seeds when creating a new world :D

Chosen

Resident Freddy
How are you managing to run a server without a updated platform yet? You using outdated minecraft clients then? And toht, it will be up as soon as possible :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How are you managing to run a server without a updated platform yet? You using outdated minecraft clients then? And toht, it will be up as soon as possible :)

I can't wait for the sweet sound of sssssssss in the night :D

A kid behind me outside a store opened a bottle of soda and the SSSSS! that followed made my heart go "F*ck!" and escape through my backside :eek6:

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH

Notch released a new Launcher which has an option to update or not, useful :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I can't wait for the sweet sound of sssssssss in the night :D

A kid behind me outside a store opened a bottle of soda and the SSSSS! that followed made my heart go "F*ck!" and escape through my backside :eek6:

haha, well. I might use minecraft's ownserver in the meantime, that way I can get it up very soon. But no mods will be connected at this time then, but we will survive untill I get the new server up and running =)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Plenty of stuff in classic for me atleast, luckily i'm behind on my youtubing too.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I wish that monster mod was in SMP ;/ having sharks n ogres n stuff would make it much more exciting.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I wish that monster mod was in SMP ;/ having sharks n ogres n stuff would make it much more exciting.

Oh yeah, is that the one with the birds you can feed seeds to, then kill and take the seeds back? Also suddenly, a werewolf appears :eek7:

did mean to ask about the Bukkit thing, i read something about supporting multiserver, but would that mean i could go stripmine my personal world, then join a server and build stuff?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I think it is different zones, that you can go from one zone to another. But will put up the server again now, untill bukkit updates their version(hopefully later this night)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Do you have to pay for this game now?

It's 15€ to buy the beta, but it's also the full version "pre-ordered" and ofcourse helps the God Of All make the damn thing :D

But even at 15€, it's probably the best value for the money i've had.

If you like that sort of thing.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
And the server is up! I see you have built a monument outside of my lighttower toht :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And the server is up! I see you have built a monument outside of my lighttower toht :p

Who me? No! It was...umm...the goblins. Yes. Goblins :p

HAving some net issues myself, but will resume my antics asap.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Hm, I'm freaking tempted to buy this game ^^

liloe

It's my birthday today!
It's 15€ to buy the beta, but it's also the full version "pre-ordered" and ofcourse helps the God Of All make the damn thing :D

But even at 15€, it's probably the best value for the money i've had.

If you like that sort of thing.

If his statistics are correct, then this guy is a millionaire and can go on developing this game till the end of days.

"4544978 registered users, of which 1372571 (30.19%) have bought[*] the game."

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, certainly made a buck or two, but i don't know at all of his costs.

If i remember correctly, he has a dev team now and they're focusing it on minecraft. That would make that sum of money twindle really fast.

Thing is, when it gets published, it won't have much revenue since i think the majority of players are playing already. So it's kind of a game that pays itself in beta, but the profit is the same.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
He has set up a proper company, rented offices, bought hardware, taken on six or seven staff I think. He has made a fair amount of money, but I doubt he is a millionaire just yet.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
He has set up a proper company, rented offices, bought hardware, taken on six or seven staff I think. He has made a fair amount of money, but I doubt he is a millionaire just yet.

He is =) Saw the documentary about him that released a couple of days ago. He is a multimillionaire by now =) They sell 10 000 copys a day

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh yeah, could you throw some info on what new stuff we get? Then again i haven't even lokoed at the old stuff properly :D

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Bukkit is now installed and running. You can connect now. Only mod I have added atm is stargate(I even have to fix every freaking single stargate now).

I will check tomorrow about more usefull mods to have(Not wanting to many tho, if it makes the server more unstable).

Now I have been reading about the bukkit the entire freaking night, so time to say hello to my bed! Logg in and enjoy the world :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeij! :D

It's really late, or early, but i do have a project i want to finish so...hmm.

Probably play till noon again :D

Lethul

FH is my second home

He made 1.6 millions pound last year in September alone (so its safe to say that he is a millionaire). Don't know how it is now that he has a company/staff tho.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Oh yeah, is that the one with the birds you can feed seeds to, then kill and take the seeds back? Also suddenly, a werewolf appears :eek7:

did mean to ask about the Bukkit thing, i read something about supporting multiserver, but would that mean i could go stripmine my personal world, then join a server and build stuff?

Yup, and there is also Multiworld, so you could send your world to the hoster of the server, make a Portal, put some info on a sign on the portal, go in portal and booya, you are in your world :) you can also go to the Nether doing that.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Bukkit is now installed and running. You can connect now. Only mod I have added atm is stargate(I even have to fix every freaking single stargate now).

I will check tomorrow about more usefull mods to have(Not wanting to many tho, if it makes the server more unstable).

Now I have been reading about the bukkit the entire freaking night, so time to say hello to my bed! Logg in and enjoy the world :D

Damn, the Bukkit site is down atm, you should get the NPCTrader, Eekrunes and Multiverse plugins btw :d

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, I know. Just managed to transfer all the stargates from hey0 mod now. But in my old server I had a groups.txt and users.txt. Wich I could modify, giving out what commands everyone is allowed to use etc. When I installed Bukkit, none of these were included. Any idea how I can get this to work?

Kinda important, since I want the /home command and /spawn commands to work again :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom