FHOTia, minecraft server?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, I know. Just managed to transfer all the stargates from hey0 mod now. But in my old server I had a groups.txt and users.txt. Wich I could modify, giving out what commands everyone is allowed to use etc. When I installed Bukkit, none of these were included. Any idea how I can get this to work?

Kinda important, since I want the /home command and /spawn commands to work again :p

There is a Permissions Plugin on the forum and a /home plugin on the forums I think, most plugins should have support for the Permissions Plugin.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Not 100% sure how that mod works, but as you can have multiply worlds then I am quite sure you can do(store all the items in your chests in that world, and it will be there when you port).

The good thing about multiple worlds is that people can transfer their inventions into the server.

The bad thing is, that if everyone wants to do so, it will take up a huge f***** amount of server space, and might reduce the server cappacity if everyone is working in different zones. (+ you kinda loose the social aspect :p )

Chosen

Resident Freddy
There is a Permissions Plugin on the forum and a /home plugin on the forums I think, most plugins should have support for the Permissions Plugin.

Yeah, tried the permission plugin. But I got a wierd message when starting up the server then, about it beeing outdated and used a stupid code, so that I should contact the creator ;P

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I'd say it would be more fun to start over completely on a new world. For FH peeps to explore and build.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, thats the plan. Tho people have started building things now =) Atleast toht is on his good way in doing some evil buildings he says. And Liloe have made a hut-lookalike thing :p Mey is just digging huge mines atm. But I hope more will come and join us!

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
If you want a really awesome world then go on Single Player , create new world and enter "Glacier" as the seed, pure awesomeness :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
"t" is the button =)

Server is now up again, with home, spawn, tp, stargate plugins. These are the plugins I will use atm, until atleast bukkit is up again :p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
"t" is the button =)

Wooh. Tho there is no one online except me /:

Im in the middle of the palace courtyard. Mind if i dig a giant underground network under it that probably will be teeming with monsters?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I already got a giant underground palace there :p Hehe,saw you on server logg. Didnt have time to reply before you quit =) Liloe will join soon he says, after eating dinner. same with some of the other guys. So you should find yourself a spot, and start working :p

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, tried the permission plugin. But I got a wierd message when starting up the server then, about it beeing outdated and used a stupid code, so that I should contact the creator ;P

Yeah, most plugins will be broken now, they are normally mostly fixed within a day or two.

What's the IP btw?

Uara

Part of the furniture
I keep hearing about Minecraft but haven't really looked into it properly. So tempted to buy it, but I have exams for the next 3 weeks so probably not the best idea!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I keep hearing about Minecraft but haven't really looked into it properly. So tempted to buy it, but I have exams for the next 3 weeks so probably not the best idea!!

Certainly not :p

I've forgotten stuff over the past week all along the tyrs damned day.

Chosens world is pretty empty outside the Kings Castle area. There's the railway system and some wonders of the world, but otherwise plenty of room.

Especially since "someone" adventured(read it on the chat) and made it 5x bigger :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh yeah, any idea on when they fix the netherportal for MP?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
They should have fixed it, but first I have to cooperate with deebs on putting it up on his server :p

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Just use the Multiverse Plugin then you can teleport to the Nether using a portal ;P the nether sucks though tbh.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Everyone is allowed to join in =) If you want in just pm me for IP!

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Should open it to everyone on FH, that way it would have more players :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, I will. But first I need to either get the Deebs server, or the rental server up and running, to handle that many players at the same time =) New patch brings some buggs it seems. genericReason, see thats the reason you disconnected.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Weird getting those reappear block things every now and then, with all randomnes in location and item.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Weird getting those reappear block things every now and then, with all randomnes in location and item.

Usually that is a bug near the spawn area - it is a known bug, but 20 blocks around any given spawn area just reappear. It does happen occasionally because of server lag too.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Incidentally, for anyone just starting the game I have always found it useful to put a couple of large storage chests next to your spawn area filled with wood, coal and iron. I also usually lay a red stone path down to my first structures too asap - simply to make things easy to find to begin with after a few days away or death ect. Also remember the clouds always move in the same direction (for arguments sake north), so you can use them as slightly ineffective compass to begin with if you get a bit turned around :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyone alive near a pc with minecraft on it?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Usually that is a bug near the spawn area - it is a known bug, but 20 blocks around any given spawn area just reappear. It does happen occasionally because of server lag too.

Yeah, it shouldn't be near a starting area. I think it's server lag as a server reset clears it.

Then again, i'm expecting this to happen when i build non-stop for hours :p

Anyone alive near a pc with minecraft on it?

I'm around too, packing, but 50/50 on computer.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tohtori,

connect to minecraft.freddyshouse.com and start testing please.....

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Im in on the FH server. Woho. Noticed someone built a little box to hide in. If it wasnt for that i'd been dead :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
It is working Deebs. But you have to change the map settings, so not all the hours people have spent already goes to waste :p Ill upload both the files you need to do so, on the same ftp server you gave me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom