FH Fitness Thread

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Anyone else tried Fitocracy?
Turns fitness into a MMO-like experience, with levelling, quests, achievements, the social aspect etc.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Signed up to the gym yesterday. I will be doing cardio and hope to lose a couple of stone in about 10 weeks.

I'm not doing any special diet, just less of everything and am trying not to skip breakfast. I'm hoping eating ~1500 calories a day plus 5 or 6 hours a week caning it in the gym should do the trick.

Has anyone tried those Alli dieting pills? I'm tempted but think I will just end up putting weight back on when I come off them.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
pills schmills. not worth it tbh. do it 100% yourself and feel confident in your abilities.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Alli pills are kind of dumb, tldr most people eat shitty diets, including fats. Alli pills prevent fat digestion - enforcing a low fat diet. For murkins and the like who have shitty diets it kind of forces a "better" diet that causes the weight loss, rather than the pill itself doing anything. The outcome if you have undigested fat is poop. If you exceed ~50g of fat/day on alli pills you WILL poop yourself.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Had a week off running, ran 4 miles yesterday and now ache! Fuuuuu!

Hehe, I used to run a bit.. whenever I got back into it after a break I'd go at it pretty hard, and then struggle to move.

Did a similar thing with the gym - oddly its always the 2nd day after that the damage hits. I couldn't raise my arms above nipple height for two days. Which is pretty inconvenient. Though at least I could reach the essentials.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Anyone else tried Fitocracy?
Turns fitness into a MMO-like experience, with levelling, quests, achievements, the social aspect etc.

A friend used Zombie Run for a bit - simulates being chased by zombies whilst you listen to music and having to complete objectives iirc.

TdC

hmm so with pills you lose 2-3KG more than without? in that case...fuck that tbh, I'll pass. 1 month of keto will help you out more than filling your body with chemical crap.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I've been using a simple recovery drink after workouts which has kept DOMS completely at bay despite doing some pretty punishing stuff. I used to be a big sufferer of it, but having been told to try this product, it's frankly amazing. The name of this wonder drink? Chocolate Frijj from any shop or supermarket. just drink half a bottle, ~250ml as soon as you can after exercising, certainly within the hour.

If you're in one of those crazy foreign countries, and Frijj isn't available, just look for any chocolate milk with a ratio of about 4:1 Carbs:protein. Don't sweat the carb content, even if you're on a low carb kick. It'll all zoom into your damaged muscles, prevent the DOMS and won't end up making you fatter.

TdC

I indeed recall all the MTB mags raving about the restorative powers of chocolate milk :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I like how freddies made the ratio to protein become sticky out tongue smiley rotein.

Apparently runners and trathletes have known all about it for years too, it really really works, try it!

Appollo

Part of the furniture
The Horizon one ? They used some gimmicky science, but it seems a pretty sound idea. What food pattern are you following? :]

Tues/weds every week 600 calories per day

Porridge/raisins/water
Glass of OJ/apple
Banana
Low calorie bread
Poached eggs

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
any links to that one appollo?

I'm doing it too. Two days a week, not necessarily adjacent so I can still fit my life around it, less than 600 calories both days.

It's surprisingly easy. And it's effective. Lost a stone and a half in a couple of months - and I haven't upped my exercise or changed my life in any other way. Feeling better all round for it.

Trying to keep the protein down too though. Low protein on the fast days is key. I can stretch to a dal and rice - though lentils are quite proteinicious ;)

As for links: Torrent is here - worth a watch. Like all Horizon episodes it's a little slow but it's worth it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why would ya? You're hardly eating anything.

And sad-smiley? Do you miss shitting? ;)

Lethul

FH is my second home
I have not heard a single person recommend diet pills yet :)

Nate

FH is my second home
I'm doing it too. Two days a week, not necessarily adjacent so I can still fit my life around it, less than 600 calories both days.

It's surprisingly easy. And it's effective. Lost a stone and a half in a couple of months - and I haven't upped my exercise or changed my life in any other way. Feeling better all round for it.

Trying to keep the protein down too though. Low protein on the fast days is key. I can stretch to a dal and rice - though lentils are quite proteinicious ;)

As for links: Torrent is here - worth a watch. Like all Horizon episodes it's a little slow but it's worth it.
Cheers mate, so all you do is not eat a lot 2 days a week? Sounds too easy! :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

All the faddy diets and mad exercise routines with supplements = idiocy IMO.

It's simple. If you're fat, it's because you eat too much.

Exercise to lose weight? Nah, exercise to enjoy yourself and maintain a level of fitness. Eat less to lose weight. It can be combined, of course, but if you're doing exceptional levels of exercise how long are you going to keep that up before it slides and you get fat again?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
tbh I'd say the best diet pill is E, combined with 18 hour raves. or is that too 90's?

One of the reasons why I'm now so thin and find it hard to put weight on. I was hardly bulky before but at one stage I didn't even weigh 9 stone....

Marc

FH is my second home
I had put about a stone over the months and wanted to lose it before Vegas. Never had the motivation to go back to the gym as I have a busy life, so I purchased GSP Rush Fit off Ebay for a tenner. Cant big it up enough. Now im relatively fit, can do 40 minutes uber high intensity squash, but 30 mins of this DVD kicked the shit out of me. Dont get me wrong, a lot of it was also my diet as my diet was pretty perfect bar weekends whilst doing this DvD, but the exercises you do, made me hurt in places I didnt know I had places. I ended up losing 4 inches from my waist and toning up so much I saw my abs for the first time in years and I did this all within 8 weeks.

Cant recomend it enough, as long as you are motivated to do it. Just easy for people like me who dont have the time to go to the gym

opticle

Part of the furniture
I had put about a stone over the months and wanted to lose it before Vegas. Never had the motivation to go back to the gym as I have a busy life, so I purchased GSP Rush Fit off Ebay for a tenner. Cant big it up enough. Now im relatively fit, can do 40 minutes uber high intensity squash, but 30 mins of this DVD kicked the shit out of me. Dont get me wrong, a lot of it was also my diet as my diet was pretty perfect bar weekends whilst doing this DvD, but the exercises you do, made me hurt in places I didnt know I had places. I ended up losing 4 inches from my waist and toning up so much I saw my abs for the first time in years and I did this all within 8 weeks.

Cant recomend it enough, as long as you are motivated to do it. Just easy for people like me who dont have the time to go to the gym

Either you sell this DVD, are employed by them, or it is fucking awesome.

Gj :)

opticle

Part of the furniture

Literally. It makes perfect sense too when you think about how mankind has evolved over thousands of years. We're built to starve every few days and then have "plenty" (i.e. decent meals) the rest when we get a kill. The Horizon prog was a bit 'mainstream' in the science they used and the delivery, as always, but its sound and it looks like it worked (provided they didn't cheat). Give it a go and see how it goes :)

I'd recommend tackling the odd stranger in the street every now and then as well to simulate the hunt.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Either you sell this DVD, are employed by them, or it is fucking awesome.

Gj :)

I downloaded it but uh didn't buy it yet :D I havn't watched it yet though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd recommend tackling the odd stranger in the street every now and then as well to simulate the hunt.

Aye. Preferably a laydee. A good struggle cuddle is probably a good toning exercise as well as a cardio workout.

Nate

FH is my second home
Tues/weds every week 600 calories per day

Porridge/raisins/water
Glass of OJ/apple
Banana
Low calorie bread
Poached eggs
Hey mate, trying this one out today and tomorrow too :D

I came up with another day recipe if you get bored of that one.

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled + 1 ham slice
Lunch: Cupasoup
Dinner: 1 Chicken breast skinless boneless grilled, 100g potato boiled/baked, 100g carrots/broccoli boiled

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hey mate, trying this one out today and tomorrow too :D

I came up with another day recipe if you get bored of that one.

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled + 1 ham slice
Lunch: Cupasoup
Dinner: 1 Chicken breast skinless boneless grilled, 100g potato boiled/baked, 100g carrots/broccoli boiled

Too much protein. The whole 5/2 diet thing has to be low-protein on the fast days for it to work properly - i.e. give all the benefits it's supposed to give.

Working a treat for me. Lost 1.5 stone so far. I was hungry earlier on but had Dal and Rice at tea. Don't bother with anything else throughout the day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom