FH Fitness Thread

Punishment

Resident Freddy
We are only poking fun, i haven't decended into the angry old man phase like most in here just yet.

However i feel the urge from time to time to buy a stick to shake at children and shout "My 3210 was a vastly superior phone" and be a negative prick in general.

You want to get healthy and thats great, but try and find something thats sustainable and the best of luck with it :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You guys are dumbasses :p You drink 2-3l of water a day on keto and still lose water weight, it's because you're depleting glycogen.

I'm not worried about lack of hydration. I'm worried about you putting yourself on a diet that changes the working of the brain so much that TdC thinks he's on coke for two weeks.

I mean, it's not as if a Ketogenic diet has a serious enough effect on the brain to be used to treat serious medical conditions like epilepsy is it?

Storm in a teacup I guess. Sounds like a well-safe dieting routine :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
My new batch of protein and Pre-WO stuff came today. Since Jack3d got banned recently I've moved back to Craze. 7 weeks with nothing in my system and I feel wired. Going to have serious DOMs tomorrow after arm workout.

Hit a new record of 37.5kg preacher curls, my big goal is 50kg. 14kg tricep (behind the head) extensions too, which is nice. Got a bit weaker, so hopefully will get my progress back up. Decided to leave cardio for weekends now after a lot more reading/catching up with stuff I missed.

Overdriven

Awkward moment when a preacher curl isn't done with a dumbbell ;( - EZ Bar narrow grip curl 4tw.

EDIT: Triceps are getting a lot stronger recently. I miss when I had every morning off though, could have had a lot more training done.

Last edited:

Overdriven

Big G That's just gross.

I have this thing about wearing braces like that, don't go near them. Think all movements (to a point) should be doable without anything but gloves or chalk. But then, I'm not deadlifting 240kg.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Down from 245 to 225 in under a month, rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

25 more and I'll be pretty happy :p

leggy

Probably Scottish
I like to rattle on about weight loss. I lost 7 stone / 45kgs a while back - Now 12 stone and fit (as fuck).

At the moment I run (despite hating it) 5k regularly and hit the gym for some strength training, rowing and ogling nice ladies.

I lost the weight with a genuine life altering stance on food. It's long and boring but, psychological reformation aside, it amounted to: 1) portion control; 2) Reduced alcohol intake; 3)REDUCED carb intake (but I was probably still taking in about 300g/day)

I personally think Ultra Low Carb diets are retarded, but I also believe in choice. So mangle your brain if you like, just don't tell me how good it is for you.

BUT - all that nonsense aside - the mental health benefits of the exercise (for me) are truly astonishing. I've tried the drugs, the counselling and all the other shite that I don't like talking about. However, a little exercise absolutely demolishes any of the benefits I received from traditional therapy.

The drugs don't work, they just make it harder to achieve orgasm.

Overdriven

84.5kg (186lbs)
18.9% BF
26.4 BMI

As of Sunday. Having most of this week off due to surgery this morning and I have to 'rest' - Looking to get to 80kg or so, BF% will drop when my weight routine is back to how it was.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Down 225 to 220, progress has slowed a bit :(

I had a few days where I wasnt hungry at breakfast so didn't eat it, was ok for a few days then started getting insane hungry in the evening and nommed more cheese/ham/etc than I would have if I'd have breakfast.
Also I can now ski backwards, and am kicking some ass on the exercise front as well :p

Nate

FH is my second home
Done this yday :D new pb for the distance

Distance
4.39mi

Duration
0:39:58
h : m : s

Avg. Pace
9:06 min/mi

Avg. Speed
6.59 mph

Burned
535 calories

Climb
117 ft

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I use the Endomondo app myself.

Also just completed my first half marathon at the weekend in 2:01:32, gutted I missed the 2 hour mark.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
8004233498_407e214f3b.jpg

My burn last night in just over an hour. I was in a collapsed pool of sweat by the end, it felt gooood. Doing 6 days a week of hard work at the moment, aiming to get back in the sort of shape I was in my early twenties. (I'm 37 now :eek:) It's going well, and I'm feeling loads better for it.

sayward

Resident Freddy
As I've said before I usually go to the gym every day and occasionally play tennis, ski, salsa. After major surgery two years ago and three major surgeries in the last 6 months I am literally just trying to start again. Am finding it very difficult especially as I'm not allowed to do half of my previous exercises. I haven't dared get on a set of scales in months.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
that's one of those vids where kids take a bunch of drugs and then film each other doing crazy shit...right?

I'm back at the gym as well. just light cardio stuffs and a little bit of weights. before I go I drink a full-fat milkshake that contains a shitload of complex carbs, and afterwards I eat a hamburger covered in bacon and fried eggs :D other than that I am on low carbs throughout. 2 weeks ago I had lost a total of 10kg, and celebrated by pigging out on carbs for a weekend, which effectively blew my diet to shreds. I started again a week ago, and have lost another kilo.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I noticed around the time I was doing my final exams that over the course of uni I'd got pretty fat and disgusting. I haven't really got into a solid routine yet but recently I've been trying to eat less and do some semi-regular exercise at least. I think I've lost like half a stone so far. Hopefully I can step it up and lose some more. I have no idea about any kind of health science or that kind of shit so I'm hoping just less pizza + some cycling and running will = results.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yup. then try less bread, pasta, potatoes and sweets. :)

Overdriven

Back day today. Interesting to say the least. Some weeks ago I hit a plateau of 110kg on deadlifts, a standard set would just kill me (Couldn't do 5x5 at 110kg) so decided to try something different. Dropped the weight to 90kg (Bar was already setup for me which was lovely) and upped the reps, did 3x8 at 90kg happily, then stupidly moved up to 95kg and tried the 8 reps again (2 sets), first was fine, not a problem, bit hard. 2nd set.. Silly idea. Grip is is getting better, but I think I'll stick to 2.5kg increases instead of 5kg increases. Going to keep going up by 2.5kg a week till I can break 110kg with 8x3, then probably go back to a 5x5 routine.

Also did 1 arm DB rows for the first time since pre-graduating instead of barbell rows... Not sure what I like more really. I FEEL like I get better results with the barbell, but for arm stabilisation it seems the DB rows are better.. Will keep alternating. (5x32kg, just as a starting point, can go higher without issues/a drop in technique)

Lat-Pulldowns are part of my standard routine, have always had problems with this (Even when I did them regularly) seem to get stuck whenever I go above 60kg. (Can do 55kg without breaking a sweat, 60kg makes me think about it) -> Might actually end up going to the assisted pullup machine for this one, might see better results as I feel I'll get a better ROM using that, instead of the seated Lat machine.

Also did ab crunches (65x8x2, 70x8x1) and planking (1minute flat) just to end the routine..

EDIT: Weighed myself today. 84.5kg again. Same BMI, but gained 2.2% body fat.. Probably be at the 82.5kg (ish) mark if bodyfat stayed the same, but not complaining due to increased muscle work.

EDIT 2: Lots of bread last week, so probably the cause.. Hmmm.

Last edited:

Nate

FH is my second home
Back day today. Interesting to say the least. Some weeks ago I hit a plateau
I stopped reading here. You hit a what?!?! A FUCKING WALL!!! you posh wanker. <puts on posh voice> oohh i hit a plateau ooohhhh :p haha :D

Beat short run pb today. Yay!

Overdriven

I stopped reading here. You hit a what?!?! A FUCKING WALL!!! you posh wanker. <puts on posh voice> oohh i hit a plateau ooohhhh :p haha :D

Beat short run pb today. Yay!

I HIT WALLS AT WORK YOU CNUT. I HIT PLATEAUS AT THE GYM!

Grats on the PB :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom