FH Fitness Thread

Nate

FH is my second home
I saw that early on in the program but I didn't realise it was covering all of it, ok I'll cut out the chicken+ham next week :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Too much protein. The whole 5/2 diet thing has to be low-protein on the fast days for it to work properly - i.e. give all the benefits it's supposed to give.

Working a treat for me. Lost 1.5 stone so far. I was hungry earlier on but had Dal and Rice at tea. Don't bother with anything else throughout the day :)
hehe I'm the diet reverse of you mate. I'd seriously not mind a bit of Dal and rice though omg, I find myself craving the carbs. Yesterday I felt a bit naff and wanted to make spaghetti to cheer myself up purely for the carbs 0o Still I stayed strong and managed some stir-fry pork with paprika instead. Within the coming week I'm going to be < 90kg, which means a loss of approx 2.4 stone.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's some weight loss there Teedles. Gratz :)

I'm not primarily doing mine for the weight loss. To be fair, I'm not even seeing it as a "diet". Right now I'm seeing it as a route to long-term health benefits and am seeing it as a way of life, rather than something I'm going to ditch when I get to a target weight.

The bird finds it a lot harder than me - but then she's got the worst eating habits known to mankind - taught to her by her (ridiculously fat) parents. But I don't find it too bad. I just need to not go to a supermarket on a fast day and I'm peachy ;)

TdC

aren't you quite tall though? best mind you not lose too much mate; even out the curve in time to reach a stable weight without overshooting the mark imo!

I'm not that tall: 5'8" on a good day, and I'd be happy to lose another 2,5 stone but no more than that tbh. In about 20 days I am going on holiday for a week, and I will break off dieting for that period to see how it makes me feel.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm 6'2"-6'3"ish. I think I'm just in the "normal" BMI range (and I think it's a good indicator as a rule of thumb). I'm still a little heavier than I want to be - I'm prolly about 13.5 stone - still can't see my ribs :)

TBH, I don't mind being rake-thin as long as it's not unhealthy. I eat a (generally) good diet and get out on the bike a fair bit so I'm not massively concerned with my health. I've sorta bought into the idea that humans probably do need some days where they don't eat very much - it makes sense from a hunter-gatherer perspective.

If I can't keep the weight on when I reach the lower-end of the "normal" zone I'll just make sure I treat myself to the occasional decent pudding on days where I'm not fasting. Win-win! :D

Nate

FH is my second home
I told a friend I'm on a fasting diet today, she said "does that mean you eat quicker?" :D

ECA

I am a FH squatter
215.6 this morning. 15.6 to goal.
Let's goooooooooooooooooooo.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
I had no clue about the protein thing, no idea how much are in mine.

Nate

FH is my second home
The only protein is in the eggs I think. Not a lot though so shouldn't be a worry. I can't find many sites with infos on this diet though :(

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-egg-whole-i1131
Protein
6.3g

Ah, wikipedia to the rescue. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5:2_diet

A typical fasting day may be a breakfast of 300 calories such as two scrambled eggs with ham, water, green tea or black coffee and a lunch or dinner of grilled fish or meat with vegetables amounting to 300 calories.

Where did you get the low protein thing from Scouse, did you just assume that was what it was about from the program?

TdC

as of this morning there's only one hole left on my belt...aka I'm on the second from tightest. yesterday morning I was 90.5 kg, so quite close now. woooooooooooooooooooot tbh :D

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
On my particular brand of diet I have lost 14kgs or 32lbs (2.2 stone) since Sept 1st. My first goal is just 2kgs away (ill hit this in Oct) my second goal a little way off. However progress is good and I can now send clothes from over 2 years ago to the cleaners to be worn. Thank fuck I wear classic cuts (my bootlegs will never go out of fashion). I will actually eat white proteins and fish during December and finish off in Jan next year. What I have learned this time around is that bread and pasta are as evil as I thought they were and I will not touch them again!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Where did you get the low protein thing from Scouse, did you just assume that was what it was about from the program?

I remember one of the scientists saying that a low protein intake on the fast days was "key" to lowering levels of IGF-1 - which would make sense as protein is the primary muscle-building (growth) foodstuff.

Also you can have massively more bulky food if you don't eat the calorie-dense stuff that proteins normally come in.

I'm using the opportunity to cut down on my mahoosive red meat intake. I could eat beef until the cows run screaming from my ravenous maw ;)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Started at 242.6, now at 213.0
0.4 more till a nice even 30lb down.

Goal Weight #1 is 200lb, aka 25.0 bmi ( a garbage metric I know ).

Appollo

Part of the furniture
ECA go mate, always looks best when you lay it out like that, myself is:

Start: 245 lb
Current: 196 lb
Goal: 189 lb

Scouse

Are you doing 2 consecutive fast days? I'm trying this week 3 days spaced out, Monday Wednesday Friday

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
ECAAre you doing 2 consecutive fast days? I'm trying this week 3 days spaced out, Monday Wednesday Friday

Doing Tues/Weds this week as it's my birthday thursday and I'm getting pissed. Would usually do Mon/Wed or Tue/Thurs.

Off for Thai tonight :)

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Doing Tues/Weds this week as it's my birthday thursday and I'm getting pissed. Would usually do Mon/Wed or Tue/Thurs.

Off for Thai tonight :)

Nice one :) i had pizza express last night mmmmmm

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Yoni said:
On my particular brand of diet I have lost 14kgs or 32lbs (2.2 stone) since Sept 1st. My first goal is just 2kgs away (ill hit this in Oct) my second goal a little way off. However progress is good and I can now send clothes from over 2 years ago to the cleaners to be worn. Thank fuck I wear classic cuts (my bootlegs will never go out of fashion). I will actually eat white proteins and fish during December and finish off in Jan next year. What I have learned this time around is that bread and pasta are as evil as I thought they were and I will not touch them again!

Yay 16kgs lost first major goal met. All loss from now on is a bonus *grins*.

Celebrated yesterday by going to Toni and guy in Stockholm where I had my hair cut much shorter and coloured!

TdC

nice one! not below 90kg myself yet...I did cheat this week with beer and cookies though heh :D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cannot be arsed to read through the whole thread but fuck me, why? You only live once, enjoy life as you want to.. I run up every escalator and stair on the way to and from work, is that not enough? :p

Nate

FH is my second home
Some of us don't have noses big enough to house all our bodily fat and must do excercise and diet! Think of those less fortunate than you that have normal size skinny noses Deebs. I'm finding the 5:2 diet pretty easy really.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Some of us don't have noses big enough to house all our bodily fat and must do excercise and diet! Think of those less fortunate than you that have normal size skinny noses Deebs. I'm finding the 5:2 diet pretty easy really.
Fucking CUNT!

TdC

Deebs' a bit like a camel really. by camel I mean Man's camel toe, whale tail, extreme facial streamlining. Front and back tramp stamp. That's why we love him!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Do you have a recipe for the dal?

Not exactly - I just throw it together a bit cheaty like.

Finely chop an onion and some (fuckloads) of garlic. Brown them in a pan with a little oil. Wang in the lentils (bout 160g raw weight) and fry them a little (couple of mins stirring) with the onions and the garlic.

Wang in some turmeric, ground coriander, mustard seeds (roast and crush), black pepper, salt, some random garam masala (schwartz, cheating), chillis (fresh or flakes or powder), then pour in some boiling water that's 3 times the weight of the lentils you put in. (i.e. 200g lentils = 600g water).

Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring. If it goes too dry add a little boiling water.

Add to the above mushrooms (nice - stick them in at the frying onion stage) or cherry tomatoes (v.nice - stick 'em at the add water stage) or spinach (loads, towards the end, v.nice) or mix of the 3. Or something you think of.

Towards the end, say 5 minutes off, stick some ground cumin seeds in. Too early and it's a little bitter, but they're essential.

Serve with a small portion of basmati+wild rice, or wholegrain rice.

Randomz, really easy to make (whole thing including cooking takes half an hour - with the first 5 minutes being chopping/frying and putting shit in a pan). :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Deebs' a bit like a camel really.

I bought a couple of Camel steaks today. Does that mean when I eat them I'll technically be eating deebs?

/worries :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom