FH Fitness Thread

leggy

Probably Scottish
Plateau is flat/horizontal. A wall is vertical.

If you don't progress you're surely plateauing?

I'm a posh.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Hi. I'm not allowed to do any more ab crunches, ab cradle, sit ups or planks anything like that. Anyone got any bright ideas about how I can keep my stomach flat without doing myself a mischief?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
stop reading "fashion" mags that fill your brain with lies.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hi. I'm not allowed to do any more ab crunches, ab cradle, sit ups or planks anything like that. Anyone got any bright ideas about how I can keep my stomach flat without doing myself a mischief?

You can't do any core work at all? Ouch, just cardio and eat well then.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Am trying to get together with a trainer. I'm allowed to do gentle muscle work flat on the floor and I think I need to look into things I can do on a Swiss ball but it's very difficult to change the habits of a lifetime. Can't really run either. Walk and bicycle and die of boredom.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Did another 10km race today and finished under 60 mins a new PB. Will confirm exact time once they upload results.

TdC

uhhhh....about two months. I started around the 6th of August. could have gone faster but I'm not very strict :)

opticle

Part of the furniture

The key to a flat stomach isn't to do with the number of abdominal exercises you do. Those will strengthen/grow the size of your ab muscles, but they do little/nothing to flatten your stomach - with the exception of burning some fat - but not specifically from your stomach, and its not the most effective way to do it.

The thing to do is burn fat - and the most effective way to do that is Cardio, mixed with weight/resistance training to increase your muscle bulk and so up your metabolic rate, and limiting the amount you gain from your diet. :)

From the sounds of things, if you can cycle that is the way forward. Your trainer should be able to give you good advice.

TdC

What sort of exercises do you do?

I am following the ketosis diet, which basically means I am losing weight by eating lots of rib-eye, entrecote, eggs, bacon, spinache and cheese.

Once a week I drink a full-fat milk protein and complex carbs milk shake before I hit the gym. At the gym I do about 45 mins of cardio exercises and about 45 mins of mild weights. I'm trying to up to gym twice a week but with both work and school constraints I can't make it happen just yet.

Ofc the haters on here will tell you that keto doesn't work / will kill you / makes your cox small / whatever. For me personally, the greatest challenge -besides resisting crisps (tbh they become almost erotic in their enticement) and having every man and his dog tell you that you can't possibly be healthy when eating large amounts of fat and protein- will be when I "stop" doing the diet. I believe the key is to very very very slowly balance out yourself with the eating of carbs once more. Now that I know how to actually do keto and make yummy things to eat that fit in the diet plan, I am fairly confident that I can keep myself in check.

On the bright side, my clothes are getting too big for me, and I feel great...which must be showing somehow because the fair maidens of the world are giving me lots of considering looks (they must naturally mistrust a happy man eh ;) )

TdC

I've also noticed that losing a bit of weight makes ickle Teeds larger by comparison. Everybody wins! Except Wazz ofc.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
great job, and the keto is certainly working for you at the moment. It would be interesting to see if it would work for you if you had the time to work out for an hour for 4,5 or 6 days a week though. I wonder if your muscles would start to atrophy to feed your workouts, it's academic but interesting.

On the not finding time to workout thing. I know what you mean, but someone pointed out to me the other day that 1 hour is only a bit over 4% of your day. That makes it seem so much more do-able. 4 weeks ago I resolved to make time to exercise, rather than find time, and have been doing 6 days a week, with roughly 60 minutes of workout each day, apart from 90 minutes of yoga one day. :eek: In those 4 weeks I've missed one scheduled day where I simply ran completely out of time and wasn't going to start at midnight when I got in.

I'm doing some measurements in a couple of days, I'll post results of my efforts then.

TdC

yeah mate, I know what you mean. 10 years ago I was going to the gym every other day (eg 3.5x per week) for approx 4hrs per session. I would certainly *not* have enjoyed keto then I kid you not!

as to the time thing, yes that is indeed so. a large part of me not being at the gym twice a week is purely because I'm unwilling to make the effort to make it happen. On the other hand, I have two upcoming exams (and another exam today which I am not counting), and two case studies I have to turn in, besides working my regular job and it's stressing me out :-/

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think one problem people have is dinners such as pizza and chips, or lasagne and garlic bread. It's a shit ton of carbs. Eating a pizza on its own involves a lot of carbs, but throw in some chips and bam you've just consumed 100+ carbs.

I'm doing an hour of weights every other day and balancing my meals, yet consuming less calories via myfitnesspal. It's a great little app.

Because I am gaining a little muscle, but burning off fat my weight is not changing by a drastic amount, but I'm starting to tone up etc

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I'm not sure I'm capable of not eating crisps. I can cut other food out without too much problem even if I really like it. I feel like I have some kind of addiction. The longer I go without eating them the more I think about them until I give in :(

sayward

Resident Freddy
Thanx for all the good advice Problem at the mo is what many others have said, not enough time. Too much travelling.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
My 2 day fasting is working, started doing it after watching the BBC documentary.

opticle

Part of the furniture
My 2 day fasting is working, started doing it after watching the BBC documentary.

The Horizon one ? They used some gimmicky science, but it seems a pretty sound idea. What food pattern are you following? :]

Nate

FH is my second home
Had a week off running, ran 4 miles yesterday and now ache! Fuuuuu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom