FH Fitness Thread

Nate

FH is my second home
ECA Hey, do you have any links for that keto diet? Where to start, what to eat, etc?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Keto has a place in a fat loss thread, not so much in a thread entitled FH Fitness, but hey whatever is working for you. I wouldn't like to try any decent amount of fitness training without fueling my body to do it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've started doing more cardio (at the gym, unfortunately) in preparation of a couple of long hikes I've got coming up, but I laugh at myself for driving 15 minutes so that I can run on the spot for 45 minutes, so I've decided to de-wankify myself and get running shoes.

Bike, m8. Bike. Cardio masterclass without ruining your knees and ankles.

I don't do anything but me and the wife have been discussing doing something together, probably some walking and such to start off with.

Despite hating bikes her entire life mine really likes going on trips through the country on our bikes now. It was *really* hard for her at first (when you start out your ass really hurts, it's fucking hard work, your legs ache and it just doesnt seem worth it) but she stuck at it with a bit of badgering by me and now thinks nothing of doing 20 mile round trips.

Saturday mornings we often tool out of Nottingham and go to Newstead Abbey or some other exceedingly pleasant place for a bit of breakfast before heading back. Gets us out, is nearly all off-road and very green and is making a massive difference to energy levels...

Last edited:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Scouse said:
Bike, m8. Bike. Cardio masterclass without ruining your knees and ankles.

True.

My neighbours would probably steal it though :(.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My neighbours would probably steal it though :(.

Get yourself a decent bike lock. Wang it in your shed (if you have one), or your porch (if you have one) or just bring it inside at night.

If it gets nicked your insurance would cover it anyway.

Also, cycle to work scheme means you can get one dirt cheap. :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Bodybuilding is a cosmetic pursuit, not a lot to do with fitness. Check the thread 4 threads down from the stickies at the moment on your link, asking about whether it's ok to use ephedrine with a Keto diet. Ephedrine is a banned substance in sport. It gives you some idea of the type of people you're dealing with there. not getting fit, just changing the way they look. Like I say, great for fat loss, not for long term fitness. Low BF % is 7/8ths of the battle in bodybuilding after all.

We can cut this argument short cos diet zealotry is second only to religious zealotry in people getting entrenched in their positions and toht'll only come along and derail it anyway. We'll go round in circles. Like I said though, whatever works for you. Keto serves a purpose. If I felt I needed to shift a couple of stone in a hurry, for a wedding, or cos it's the only way the doctors will do my stomach stapling op etc. Or if bodybuilding was my game and I needed to drop my BF% by 7 or 8 points for a competition in a months time I'd consider it. It is effective. If I wanted to build all around good health, increase the weight I could lift without hurting, run further faster, do a Tough Mudder event etc, then a Keto diet would be daft.

old.user4556

Scouse said:
Get yourself a decent bike lock. Wang it in your shed (if you have one), or your porch (if you have one) or just bring it inside at night.

If it gets nicked your insurance would cover it anyway.

Also, cycle to work scheme means you can get one dirt cheap. :)

These Poles would take the whole shed! ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
When i started a new department in work, the training had all the chatter about Slimming World etc from the ladies. In the end i thought screw it and decided to go for it as well. Want to aim to lose about 8-10 stone in the next year.

Started gym aiming for about 3-4 hours over the week if not more. Weekly i seem to be averaging about 2-3lb losses, feeling so good as well getting up early and going bed early etc, do feel more energised. Hit my first stone this week since one night out ruined all my progress. GoGo alcohol :p

Fuck that's a lot of weight to lose!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Pretty successful little session, worked cardio hard with some painful interval training. Not too keen on some of my home gym's resistance weight machines, the ones at my other gym are much, much better.

Time to reward myself with a spliff, then tuck in to some chicken!

rynnor

Rockhound
Bahumat said:
Fuck that's a lot of weight to lose!

Yeah - surgery might be worth considering.

Gastric banding seems to be the current fad but I wonder if liposuction would work for that sort of loss?

Gray

FH is my second home
Don't want to cheat myself.

I actually did it years ago when i was about 18-20, lost about 7 stone in about 10 months with no diet. Confidence is much better now, but the only reason i put on a weight gain a few weeks ago was because it was my first nightout in about 6 months, never drink alcohol but decided to just go for it and enjoy the night. With this Slimming World i am getting "awards" from groups, such as Slimmer of the Week and recently Slimmer of the Month for losing 10lb.

Reality is i'd like to lose more than the 8-10 stone in this period, but i don't want to put any unnecessary pressure on "just incase". Even after the next 10 months wherever i am i will be fitter than i am now. These group sessions are good for the inspiration, people getting Slimmer of the Year for losing 15 stone or whatever, getting something like that would just be excellent.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
People don't put on 7-8 extra stone because they have afew drinks at the weekend, they do it with their general lifestyle.

When you accept that you will be on the road to a healthier futire, best of luck

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
People put on weight for many many reasons, most of them incomprehensible to those who don't struggle with their weight..... Yes those people have built healthily routines into their worlds, yes those people know how to stop eating when their full and yes those people deal with difficult life stressors is a very different way. For those of us who do struggle the math is simple and easy to understand : for every 3500 calories we eat over our bodies requirement we will put on a pound in weight.... However weight gain is never just about the maths.

I have struggled with weight since I was a child, although I wasn't an unusually chubby kid my mum saw fit to put me in a diet at the age of 6 (she has always been neurotic about her own weight)... My 30's were the worst decade for me as far as my weight was concerned I truly hit rock bottom I'm not sure any of you can possibly imagine what being a 22 stone person is like.... I can still remember; not being able to get out of the bath, not fitting in a toilet cubicle, barely being able to walk 10m, having the worst totm possibly imaginable, the list goes on and on

I went to counselling because my weight wasn't just a food issue. Food was just my way of dealing with things. Don't worry I had a great childhood :p however during my teenage years some things happened which affected me, initially I smoked a lot of pot ti forget and then when i stopped smoking I ate.... Eventually I reset my eating habits in 9 months and lost 12 stone (vlcd) and then left the UK and went to the Netherlands.

I think I should have stayed in counselling for maybe 6 months more (obviously not losing weight) as I found eating again difficult without the support. Remember it isn't like being an alcoholic... you can't just give up food permanently. So here I am four years later and finally I have found a councillor in Sweden and I am going to spend 3 months in abstention and probably 6 months in counselling. Abstention really gives me clarity of mind, I can't turn to food so really have to deal with the underlying issues (of which there are many). I can say I am really looking forward to it as I can still remember how free I felt the last time!

Gray. I am glad slimming world is working for you and I wish you all the success in the world. Please remember to deal with the underlying issues though or you will just be putting on a bandaid which may come off.

Long post I know, partly a reaction to the thread and partly due to some of the remarks in Nate's online dating thread where their seems to be an emphasis on 'fatties' which I found a little disturbing and showed a complete lack of understanding, it is almost like some of you think that people want to be overweight....

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
ECA: Don't know how you can handle ketosis. I've done it a couple of times and end up rage quitting around the 3-4 week mark. Work just doesn't allow me to do it that way honestly. (Can't really tell customers that their food isn't good enough! - Stupid, I know) If I had the time I'd probably do it for the quicker fat loss, had a proper diet set for this which was nice. Cost a fucking fortune though!

Since starting work and coming back up to Stafford (Smoked a tonne in Corsica) I've decided to go back to doing mostly cardio, having to work back up to it slowly, realised how much smoking screwed my endurance over in such a short time.

Gone from doing 35-45 minutes on the cross trainer to being barely able to do 20 (Will take me a few weeks to get back up to it) - Also my running is shot, usually run at 1k every 6 minutes, 3k runs when I decide to run and usually a longer (2k extra as a start, or as close to) on the weekends.

Weights I tend to vary with, don't have a set routine since I stopped going in the morning. Usually do chest or back/legs on Saturday, and Arms (shoulders down) on Sunday. Bench I've had to drop the weights back down dramatically. - When I don't do cardio.

Last weigh in I was 86.7kg (13.6st) and had 19.5% body fat, 27.4 BMI. - Not weighed myself in about 3 weeks now though, so could be back up to 88, 20% etc.

Only reason I'm not losing weight dramatically is because of a shit diet, only reason.

EDIT: Did 1km on the cross trainer in 14 minutes today, that's a whole 1 1/2 minute faster than I normally do it. I think the machine I swapped to is broken though.. Usually aim for 500-600kcal a loss (machine guesstimate) a day, which is a pita at this shit fitness level.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Long post I know, partly a reaction to the thread and partly due to some of the remarks in Nate's online dating thread where their seems to be an emphasis on 'fatties' which I found a little disturbing and showed a complete lack of understanding, it is almost like some of you think that people want to be overweight....

What I don't understand is why 'fatties' wait so long to turn things around. My BMI has always been 'normal weight' but I happened to read a book about fat loss and gave it a 3 month trial changing what I ate and lost 10cm off my waist and lost the double chin too. I got myself to the low end of 'normal weight' when I was just trying to lose fat.

It was mainly a curious experiment since I had some good information at hand but if I would never let myself get to the man boob stage like so many others do.

Why have you all decided to change now and why not when you were X cm thinner / kg lighter (which was still in the 'overweight' section of a BMI)?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
What I don't understand is why 'fatties' wait so long to turn things around. My BMI has always been 'normal weight' but I happened to read a book about fat loss and gave it a 3 month trial changing what I ate and lost 10cm off my waist and lost the double chin too. I got myself to the low end of 'normal weight' when I was just trying to lose fat.

It was mainly a curious experiment since I had some good information at hand but if I would never let myself get to the man boob stage like so many others do.

Why have you all decided to change now and why not when you were X cm thinner / kg lighter (which was still in the 'overweight' section of a BMI)?
Guess you could say the same thing why is it easier for people who smoke less cigarettes to quit?

old.user4556

Are you referring to the fact that all the girls I met via online dating were fat? Really fat?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've been trying out the keto stuff for about three weeks now. Started Aug 6th. Lost 7kg. Am *not* calorie counting, fuck that. Have been mountain biking again, and have signed in to a gym. Go me :) Don't really have a goal other than having big 9 (currently weigh 95kg) turn in to a big 8. I am going to stay reasonably strict for another week, and am then going to introduce one enhanced carb day a week to keep the metabolism ticking over. Prolly a day where I will be hitting the gym too. A body-builder friend talked me in to buying a bucket of rice+protine shake mix of a specific brand he claims is really worth it, so I will be using that. Also, on that one day I am going to allow myself to eat a sweet, like a brownie, and drink chocolate milk.

first two weeks were fabu. like I was on cocaine 24x7 0o feel reasonably normal now, but am much more focused, mentally. Also, I was scared to get out on the MTB while in a low carb state: I thought I was going to be wrecked. Turns out I wasn't, but I did notice that my upper legs got the acid burn earlier than I was used to.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
First two weeks is mostly water loss, everyone loses big if they are in keto in that phase, and then it slows down a lot.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well, I hydrate like a bastard and eat a lot of veg, so tbh I doubt it. that said, your remark does match with a plateau pattern I noticed at 96kg. Still, I recognize that from when I hit the gym every other day when I was in my 20's. I have a plateau at 96, 89 and 83kg. I was smacking the gym up like a madman and weighed 89kg for a million years. Really demotivating :-/

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
first two weeks were fabu. like I was on cocaine 24x7

That'll be because you were starving your brain of the essential energy it needs.

Stop damaging yourself with the silly diets. Eat a proper balanced one whilst manning up and realising your weight loss will take a bit of time :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Calfing hell, serious DOMS from yesterday's training. Been walking around like a paralympian today.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
That'll be because you were starving your brain of the essential energy it needs.

Stop damaging yourself with the silly diets. Eat a proper balanced one whilst manning up and realising your weight loss will take a bit of time :)

Hey fuck you maaaaaan, i want to dehydrate myself to dangerous levels to give the impression im losing weight and when i give up after afew weeks because my body decides it doesn't like the whole death thing if i happen to eat a cake to feel better it's my business and i only put the weight back on weight because of that sparkling water i ate with those 9 kebabs.

I read it in a booooooooooook :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You guys are dumbasses :p You drink 2-3l of water a day on keto and still lose water weight, it's because you're depleting glycogen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom