england - france

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
God, that just takes the piss. To be honest I'd play Vassell over Owen..for me Owen is just overrated. If theres any consolation, at least it shows we can take on the big boys, and have the squad to do so.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Still as disappointed after sleeping on it as I was last night, I have to agree with whoever said Scholes should have stayed on, we had been playing like it was the last 5 minutes since about the 60th minute so the point of bringing on both Vassell and Heskey was a bit foolish we should have just stuck 5 in midfield and gone with 1 lone striker. Rooney was brilliant and as for Owen I forgot he was even on the pitch until he was substituted, he was playing further up than Rooney though and just wasn't getting the service so not all his fault.

Beckhams penalty was poor as always he hits them way to close to the keeper, sometimes they go in like against Turkey sometimes they don't, he should watch a few replays of Zidanes penalty, now thats how you take one, James didn't stand a chance even if he had gone the right way.
Heskey made a mistake as did Gerrard these things happen (I wish they didn't but they do) when after the match on Fantasy Football they said we'll be saying hello to Steven Gerrard then showed the legs of someone hanging I thought oh god let's not start this shit again.

France are a better team than us, simple as that, they didn't show it for most of the game but it's the result at the end that matters, we can still qualify and we showed we can beat the tournament favourites if we don't make stupid mistakes, now all we need to do is make it to the final so we get another shot at them - easy :rolleyes:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Gerrard should have been subbed off for Hargreaves, not Scholes. Scholes should have then pulled into the center of midfield, Hargreaves playing on the left. Owen was piss-poor all game, Vassel for him was a good choice. Heskey was unfortunate to be honest, although I've had enough of his misfortune. Him and Vassel work well together and started to look okay yesterday until the clumsy bear rammed in on someone for no reason on the edge of the box.

I was baffled by King though, he's a fucking dire shitbox and has been all season. Somehow he managed to play well last night, and thank fuck he did! His pace managed to keep Henry out of the game.

James shouldn't take any blame at all. The free kick, if you see the view from behind the goal would have been impossible to save. And then imagine the dodgy backpass! You see Gerrard kick the ball slightly towards you, but it's well short and all you can see in front of you is Henry and his pace trying to take advantage of the situation. There's no time at all left in the game: you're gonna get out to that ball to make sure Henry does not pick up the ball so he can run at you and score, had James left that ball Henry would have scored.. he was in a lose-lose situation and I felt quite bad for him, letting in 2 goals out of his control like that.

Sven needs to be shot, the man has NO IDEA how to play the second half of a football game.

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
England seem to have a habit of losing control towards the end of the second half, they usually seem to manage to lose in the last 20 minutes despite playing well in the first half. To be fair, what Heskey did was unbelievably stupid, especially on the edge of the box.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Sven's mistake of bringing him on in the first place was worse.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Just when you think England have finally mastered the 1-0 victory.......

Arseflaps.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Swift^ said:
Sven needs to be shot, the man has NO IDEA how to play the second half of a football game.

How do you when you're backs are against the wall, the team is knackered and you're playing France.

When the subs came on, we got back into the game, got some posession, started making some attacks and holding up the ball as high up the pitch as possible. The fresh legs Sven sent on helped us do that, Scholes and Rooney were knackered and Owen hadn't done anything. I think people are just clutching at straws tbh.

OrreBorre

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
Sven's mistake of bringing him on in the first place was worse.

lol, don't blame Sven. Blame Beckham and who made that incredibly stupid backpass? Gerrard? Whoever that did, blame him lol. Sven's strategy was perfect, ur players screwed it up. U have no quality

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
i reckon Vassell and Rooney should be the starting lineup, vassell is possibly englands quickest striker, and isnt goal-shy either, rooney is just full on strength, youve got a potentially deadly strikeforce then and could quite easily rival henry and his upfront gimp partner lol

mank!

Part of the furniture
Rooney was nothing short of fantastic last night, how frightened did Thuram and Silvestre look? Silvestre was bricking it when Rooney ran at him and that's why he gave away that penalty. I think he'll score a few against Switzerland and Croatia, he's an entirely unknown quantity to both of those teams.

Rooney's going to be a fucking legend! 50 goals!

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
He has an excuse for wearing branded clothing though, the fact he gets paid millions to do so, hell I'd wear Hi-Tech gear 24/7 if they paid me millions :)
He's probably also to busy to wander the streets like a chav, sat in his 1.5mill home watching tv on his 5k plasma screen or driving round in whatever sports car he's bought that week :)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
OrreBorre said:
lol, don't blame Sven. Blame Beckham and who made that incredibly stupid backpass? Gerrard? Whoever that did, blame him lol. Sven's strategy was perfect, ur players screwed it up. U have no quality

HAha. Stop talking out of your arse mate.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Wondered how long it would take :
Master.JPG

ZZ.JPG

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Makes me wonder why these sad individuals are so anti-english.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
1) 1966. No, not the fact that you won it, but the fact that you haven't shut up about it since, whilst achieving very little in major comps.

2) The English abroad. Seriously you guys think the Americans are obnoxious and annoying when they come over here? You seen or rather, heard any English people when they go one holiday? I rest my case.

3) The English do misplaced arrogance very very well. Well, I dunno if it's misplaced, but it's certainly relying on past glories.

4) The thought whenever a major comp comes round, England are going to win it (apparently). Which they aren't.

5) The fact that your supporters seem to have great difficulty in going abroad and not breaking people. This may be linked to point 2.

Think that just about covers it.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The Scots are exactly the same with arrogance, except they've never won the world cup.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
1) 1966. No, not the fact that you won it, but the fact that you haven't shut up about it since, whilst achieving very little in major comps.

2) The English abroad. Seriously you guys think the Americans are obnoxious and annoying when they come over here? You seen or rather, heard any English people when they go one holiday? I rest my case.

3) The English do misplaced arrogance very very well. Well, I dunno if it's misplaced, but it's certainly relying on past glories.

4) The thought whenever a major comp comes round, England are going to win it (apparently). Which they aren't.

5) The fact that your supporters seem to have great difficulty in going abroad and not breaking people. This may be linked to point 2.

Think that just about covers it.
You missed them having no memory of 1967

Bodhi

Heheh true Laz.

The Scots arrogant? Good lord, next you'll be accusing the Belgians of being interesting.

old.user4556

Bodhi said:
The Scots arrogant? Good lord, next you'll be accusing the Belgians of being interesting.

Well I do live here, work here and most of my mates are Scottish so you could say I interact with them a lot ;).

You should hear the absolute ignorant racist shite some of them were coming out with today - "fucking English this", "fucking English that". I'm sure those south of the border probably say similar things about the Scots.

I remind them that it was only a football game. However, I think it's fucking lame of the Scots not to back the English. Stranger still is the vast volume of Scots that go and purchase "opposing team" shirts every major tournament, e.g. Argentina and Brazil shirts during the world cup were seen aplenty during my work's "dress in football colours" day. I've also seen some France tops banded about. The height of retarded, ignorant arrogance imo.

G

mank!

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:

The only thing even more boring than that is hearing Scots complain about it for eternity.

Bodhi

Dillinja said:
Lol Bodhi are you Italian?

Heh, no, I've just watched Serie A since I was about 10, normally at the expense of the Premiership (only entertaining cos of the poor defending imo), so they've kinda become a second nationality, in Football terms anyway. Oh yeah and cars :) I'll still be supporting Scotland when they play Italy in the WC qualifiers.

Big G, that isn't arrogance in the slightest, we just recognise the comedy when England lose. I am in the opposite poisition to you, a Scot living in England. The Scots get a far rougher ride down here than the English do up north, simply because of the level of English arrogance. We can't help it if we find it the funniest thing ever when you get egg on your faces. I don't think I've heard a single Scot say "We r going to conquer the world at teh football". But then it isn't just the Scots, the Welsh and the Irish find it amusing aswell. What does that tell you about the English?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Lol G. If only all Scots were like you, we'd all get along fine. :)

I only ever get angry at the chaps north of the border when I hear about things like what G mentioned, about the football shirts etc. I just think it's pathetic tbh. All it does is cause more friction than there is already. Btw, I've hardly ever heard any of my mates say anything anti-scottish. Heard a lot of anti-france stuff after sunday's game though. :p

Bodhi

Try being the only Scot in a group on English friends. You'll hear plenty of anti-Scottish jibes.

old.user4556

Ahh, that goes for a lone Englishman in Scotland too Bodhs.

I think my bottom line on it is that one nation is as bad as the other. There will always be pockets of arseholes on both sides. On one hand, you have the hooliganism of recent days casting shadow on the English, then you have the fuckwitted Scots with their "lets do everything opposite to the English".

I'm not holier than thou, I just appreciate that England and Scotland both have their equal fair share of football fuckwits. I guess it's probably the same the world over.

However, remember England is going to get more media cover (and 1966 ramblings) than Scotland since there are more people in London alone than the whole of Scotland. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee with some grass, hills, castles and trees inbetween. ;)

G

Bodhi

Tis very true, I've never personally bought an opposing football shirt (I'll wear my Italy top if they meet England later on in Euro 2004 tho, but as I've explained that's for slightly different reasons), but I was tempted to stick a French flag on my car before the tourny, simply cos I find those England flags attached to cars deeply deeply annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom