england - france

ECA

I am a FH squatter
you have to expect england to fuckup but that took the biscuit.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
LMAO, we need to take our heads out of our arses and realise that the England team is a steaming pile of turd. Always have been imo.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It takes huge ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but you just knew we could do it!!

Seriously, though, that squad hardly excited anyone in the country so it's hardly a surprise that we didn't perform. France were the better side throughout the match, and particularly in the second half where England were reduced to chasing shadows.

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
[21:31:47] [@ENG|Crash]: lolol
[21:32:00] [@ENG|Crash]: watch france score 2 goals
[21:32:08] [@ENG|Crash]: f*****n f****y bastards
[21:32:13] [@[PDC]Brack^ENG]: bet james is shittin it
[21:32:17] [@k9elfo]: see
[21:32:23] [@[PDC]Brack^ENG]: .
[21:32:24] ::: Kick: (ENG|Crash) was kicked by (ENG|Crash) (A pity you have to leave so early ‹257›)

blame me for the euro2004 defeat ............ im sorry people :(

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
Argh! So fucking pissed off fucking French *****! England ALWAYS lose it at the end of a game...and why is Heskey still on the team, he's absolutley fucking useless.

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice to see Beckhams didn't disappoint us with his trademark 'missed penalty'.

What an utter fuckup, as usual. Embarrassing.

Not surprised tbh.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
Was getting pissed off with the commentators tbh, going on like the game was finished 10 minutes before the end. I just knew England were going to do something stupid but they really surpassed themselves this time.
France were lucky, they did need a little help from england to gift them with the goals. Gerrard played a superb ball to Henry, someone needs to make sure he's not got a bet on. I haven't seen anything from Heskey they suggests he deserves a place. Beckham's penalty wasn't particularly bad.
I would'nt call 2 - 1, with both goals practically gifted to them ownage though.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
A warning shot across the bow for England.

Don't loose sight that this was against France, probably the best team in the world and odds on favourite to win. Had this been against Switzerland/Bulgaria/Denmark then I would be very worried.

Gerrard is a liability, England gave France far too much space and never went to them to close them down. I'm surprised it wasn't 5-1 France with the ammount of shit play in the England midfield. The defence was the saviour from it being a lot worse.

What I noticed a lot of was that England just aren't getting through and making pacey runs like France were. The only time they did was Rooney's lightning charge, making ground, making France shit themselves. It led to that dreadful penalty :( (well taken, lucky save). England need to get wired in up front if they are gonna score goals.

G

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
]SK[ said:
Owned comes to mind

Lol. Same thing I was thinking tbh. When James gave away that penalty I wondered wtf was going on. I was nearly pulling my hair out. It was simply a cruel game, that's the only way you can put it tbh.

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Dont mind loosing when we play well, but we lost and looked shit.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Haven't seen barely any of you lot post in the Sports forum before. Welcome.

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised and labelling France jammy. It's our fault for giving away the freekick and the penalty, that is truly the mother of all fuckups. The only way we could make it any worse is by losing to Switzerland and Croatia.

We didn't exactly play shit either, our defence was solid, Rooney was immense until he started getting too wound up, the midfield ran the game in parts and considering the calibre of the opposition midfield that's bloody good. Beckham's penalty was taken well and Barthez simply guessed correctly, there's very little skill involved in saving penalties and it's a complete lottery provided the taker gets it on target, which is fairly obvious. France are the best team in the world remember, if you give them the chances, especially such easy ones like we did, they're going to take them.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
scholes shoula stayed on, and butt shoulda replaced rooney, but wtf is playing hargreaves on the left about?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
mank said:
Haven't seen barely any of you lot post in the Sports forum before. Welcome.

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised and labelling France jammy. It's our fault for giving away the freekick and the penalty, that is truly the mother of all fuckups. The only way we could make it any worse is by losing to Switzerland and Croatia.

We didn't exactly play shit either, our defence was solid, Rooney was immense until he started getting too wound up, the midfield ran the game in parts and considering the calibre of the opposition midfield that's bloody good. Beckham's penalty was taken well and Barthez simply guessed correctly, there's very little skill involved in saving penalties and it's a complete lottery provided the taker gets it on target, which is fairly obvious. France are the best team in the world remember, if you give them the chances, especially such easy ones like we did, they're going to take them.

France are very overrated imo and anyone who watched the game tonight should be able to see why. If they come up against a team that is trained to defend such as the Italians then I just can't see them scoring.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I agree with Mank, if that happens against Croatia or the likes, i'm going to stick pins in my cock.

I still think that England need to make fast runs and cover ground quickly up front. Can't get that streaking image of Rooney out my head - it's tatooed in.

G

Gray

FH is my second home
As soon as seen Rooney been taken off i thought "Why?", then, as soon as Heskey come on, i did say funnily enough WHY!?! :/

England played a decent game i thought, and there could have been a number of turn arounds in the game where we could have won, and the mistakes where, again at the end of the game.

Someone really needs to hurt Heskey bad, how can Birmingham want him? :p

Can just see the news on Teletext or in the papers in a few weeks

"Chelski bid £25 million for superstar Rooney!" and Everton sell him.

They do that we're even more fucked up :/

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds to me like a lot of people here are actually scared of us winning.

mank!

Part of the furniture
If we'd have won tonight everyone would be going mad, I'm kind of glad we didn't. All it would do is heap unneccesary pressure on the team and then they would really fuck it up. I have faith though, our players command more respect from people in the game than they do from our own fans at times. Beckham being a prime example. Sven also has an excellent record, his only two losses in competitive matches coming against World Cup winners Brazil and France, arguably the best team in Europe at the minute.

Switzerland shouldn't prove a problem, and provided we get a result there we should be able to draw with Croatia to go through as I can't see France not beating both of them.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Yay!!!! 2-1!!!!

We've got a thing going at work were you pay £2 and guess all the scores from the first round. 1 point for correct result. 3 points if you guess the result and exact scoreline correctly. France just won me 3 points!!!

Vive La Auld Alliance! or something like that.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Thought we were the better team, save the last 5-10 minutes.

We were unlucky to lose.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm scottish but I'll give my 2p anyway.

England were robbed. Full stop. They played solid for 90 mins and imo France were the lesser team from the start. A draw would have been more than the french could have hoped for, but a win?

It was a schoolboy error on Gerard's behalf but you can't put all the blame on him. James was far too hasty.

I'm not an expert but that's my opinion anyway. Rooney was immense btw.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
england play good...

till they score

then it fucks up

everytime.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I thought Heskey played quite well tonight in all honesty, he was passing it on to Vassell well and played an awesome ball into the box for Beckham (which Beckham fucked up). You can't really blame him for giving away a free kick - the blame for tonight should fall squarely on the manager. The players were simply playing out the tactics they'd been told to. And they were clearly the wrong tactics, as you can't sit on a 1-0 lead against France.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I have to agree, Heskey (only falling over once), was not as godawful as we've come to expect. That said, he didn't do anything good either... but then neither did Owen (bar his one break in the box very early on).

I'm pissed at Gerrard, all he had to do was not kick it and another white-shirt was standing right next to him and would've got it clear. Had it been a real pressure situation (rather than a panic situation) I might feel more understanding.

1-1 would have been just-about fair, the free kick was excellent and that kind of thing happens from the immense pressure that sides put on in the last 10... but oh God. I just wish some EUFA rep coulda run on, slap zidane round the face and say "well, no, actually you really, really didn't deserve that you goit, back to 1-1..."

Oh, and Beckhams penalty was poor, imo: Waist height, neither here-nor there as far as putting it in the corner goes, not a good one at all. Should've buried it and the game. I'm sure he knows that better than anyone though...

It's frustrating, it would be one thing to be trounced by the world champs, but for them to require 'jammy-goitiness' (copyright Man Utd, European Cup Finals and more) to win is just... unfair. Despite my attempts to separate myself from footy these past few years, can't help but feel robbed, even when neither side were much cop in the second half.

Miles_Binck

Fledgling Freddie
Beckham's penalty was piss poor, why didn't he just c**t it down the middle like usual? Any goalie will tell you anything waist height whether it is in the corner or not is saveable. You could be pedantic and say Barthez was off his line before the kick was taken but it wouldn't have made a difference.

I was screaming "Put someone on the post!!" when Zidane lined the freekick up, it was obvious he would put it in James' corner. Personally I didn't think it was a foul by Heskey especially after Makalele practically jumped up after it was awarded.

Rooney played a blinder, it was a great run for the penalty but he could've squared it to Vassell for a simple tap-in. Silvestre should have been sent off in the incident, as should James for the France penalty.

Sven once again made some serious tactical errors Second Half, after about 10mins it was obvious he was settling for the 1-0 so he should have taken off Owen and brought on Butt and played 5 across the middle, then later on replaced Rooney with Vassell. That way we would have always had a spare man to track Zidane.

Stevie Gerrard had a poor game by his standards (not including the through ball for Henry). Many of his passes were widly off target, either under or over hit, his tackling was OK. You could see how shitty he felt after the back-pass all he had to do was leave it for Ashley Cole to belt away.

I think we will beat both Switzerland & Croatia and go through runners-up, and after seeing Spain's poor performance on Saturday I think we can beat them to get to the Semis.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I don't think we will go through.

I can see 2 draws from the remaining games. I can see France drawing with Croatia.

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
england played well and the subs? Look how tired our team was halfway through the second half, and as soon as the subs came on the pressure eased slightly off our defence. If the subs were not made we would of been playing in our half for the rest of the game. We needed fresh legs.

It was a solid england performance, best I've seen in ages, with Rooney and new guy KING showing what they can do.

And don't forget France are the best team in the tournament and we were 1-0 up 89 minutes into the game against world class opposition. I'd say england has come a long way and if we play like that throughout the tournament we could go far, and there is no reason at all why we can't beat the other teams in our group. A draw is just not good enough with the quality we saw last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom