Ebay II

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If I find out you've been banned on Farcry, I'll nick your hubcaps.

Gray

FH is my second home
As if i would want to go and get myself banned.. ;)

Ive not even played the game, i just got it with the graphics card i bought, and dont have interest in that or Doom ;)

Gray

FH is my second home
Hm, my graphics card sold for £50. Quite chuffed at that since when i was looking at all the other graphics cards of the 5600 (128mb) they was only selling for £20.

And then i sold Doom III for £20... Its only about £5 less to buy brand new from a shop, so again im chuffed. In total should be recouping about £80 from when i purchased my 6800GT card, so im happy all around :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
wel fellas i think i got of these scammy e-mails about ebay/paypal asking you to verify your info as someone tried to use me acount to buy somat.

[Begins]

"eBay Safeharbor Department Notice

Fraud Alert ID : ********

Dear eBay member,

You have received this email because you or someone else had used your identity to make false purchases on eBay. For security reasons, we are required to open an investigation on this matter. We treat online fraud seriously and all cases which cannot be resolved between eBay and the other involved party are forwarded for further investigations to the proper authorities. To speed up this process, you are required to verify your personal information against the eBay account registration data we have on file by following the link below.

http://scgi.ebay.com/verify_id=ebay&user=*********

Please save this fraud alert id for your reference.

When submitting sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line. When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL.

Please Note - If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, we will assume this account is fraudulent and it will be suspended. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat fraud.

We apreciate your support and understading, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification mail sent to this address and can not be replied to.

Copyright 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. which is located on Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125 "

[/End]

i almost very nearly fell fo this,

Yaka

Part of the furniture
naw i sent it spoof@ebay.com and they replyied in 5mins saying it is 100% fake and told me to change me passy etc just in case.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Yaka said:
naw i sent it spoof@ebay.com and they replyied in 5mins saying it is 100% fake and told me to change me passy etc just in case.

Thats an autoresponder mail tbh. I got 2 spoofs in one day, got exactly the same response from Ebay for both.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
~Yuckfou~ said:
Thats an autoresponder mail tbh. I got 2 spoofs in one day, got exactly the same response from Ebay for both.

The email you reported did not originate from, nor is it endorsed by,
eBay. We are very concerned about this problem and are working
diligently to address the situation. We are currently investigating the
source of this email to take further action. You may rest assured that
your account standing has not changed and that your listings have not
been affected.

if its and autosender one then im losing faith in ebay :/ surly they must have a team 24/7 working spoofs and keeping peeps acounts safe

Gray

FH is my second home
eBay needs a correct information from you.
eBay requires correct credit card information in full each month on accounts with balances of $1.00 or greater and if your account becomes past due. We are unable to verify or authenticate your credit/debit card information on file with us. You have been pre-indefinitely suspended from eBay because credit cards information incorrect (credit card number, pin, expdate or cvv2 code). If you feel you have been suspended in error or want to appeal this decision by providing additional information, we offer you the ability to place or change the information you submit to us.

Important: In order to continue buying and selling, you must have a valid account information on file at eBay. Please update information in your eBay account now by click here and entering the new information yourself in your account. Or click to this link below :

http://signin.ebay.com/etc

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us. Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

An email regarding this was sent to you at <my email>.

Regards,

eBay SafeHarbor Team

Funny how i can still access Ebay :s

The message header was "aw-confirm@ebay.com" just like the one after you made a bid. Except this one went straight into my SPAM box on Gmail. The other Ebay mails dont.

Using Gmail how the hell do you forward emails? :/

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
but the link in the mail is then not actually to the link it says, does it?

I mean with my very limited knowledge of how internet works, it would seem that if you give a link to signin.ebay.com/etc that your pc would contact the dns server and get ebays ip from it (unless it got somehow hacked). Off course what the words say on the link in the email doesnt mean is the actual link, but it if they actually manage to somehow spoof url links aswell than thats abit scary to me:/.
I mean how can you tell the difference between the ebay mail and the fake one as both point to you to a site with the appropiate url and I dont have a way to finding out what the ip was behind the mail (as thats the way i think gmail knows it is spam and not an actual ebay mail).

Gray

FH is my second home
didnt notice the url tags been placed there :s

Not the actual link no, it had random letters/numbers where the "etc" bit is. Havent bothered trying the link to see if its fake or not... But if you want, you can? ;)

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Gray said:
didnt notice the url tags been placed there :s

Not the actual link no, it had random letters/numbers where the "etc" bit is. Havent bothered trying the link to see if its fake or not... But if you want, you can? ;)
there is your user number on it which you prolly want to keep a secret (atleast yaka did) and im guessing that the text link and the actual link isnt the same abit like this

http://www.altavista.com (text says alta vista link is actually to google as example as it makes sure people actually understand what im saying (I think I have the ability to say 1000 words about something and people still dont understand what I mean:/)).

Gray

FH is my second home
ahhh! i see what it is

I was just lookin bit closer, its got the link which DOES look genuine (Like the one Yaka posted, ie: http://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayIASPI.dll?PlaceCCInfo&&UserId=xxxxxxx) but when i hover over it, it takes me to (well it shows) a different Ebay site like:

http://ebayserv.us/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&co_partnerid=2&siteid=0&changeUser=0&pUserId=&pNextPage=&pageType=955&ru=https%3A%2F%2Farribada.ebay.com%2Fsaw-cgi%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FPlace<more mumbo jumbo>

Iiiinnnnteresting

Yaka

Part of the furniture
aye the link showed me a diff url sci.ebay/com/blaahhh blahh only blanked it out incase some poor sods clicks and does somat crazy ( yer never know)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Gray said:
Havent bothered trying the link to see if its fake or not... But if you want, you can? ;)

No reputable company will ever, ever ask you to do anything with your password/email etc via email. Its that simple folks.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
No reputable company will ever, ever ask you to do anything with your password/email etc via email. Its that simple folks.
So if they want you to change your password, they ask you this how?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
erm why would anyone want to you to change your password?

i only ever remeber somat similar happen once when lineone.net which i used years ago as a dial up service turned to tiscaly and they defulted password to somat else and rang me to change it.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Driwen said:

Don't know why they would ask you to change, but they would tell you to log on as normal, not provide a link as these emails do.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Driwen said:

Why would they do that? Your account is your own responsibility. If they suspect something iffy, they'd suspend it, at which point you'd log on and reset your user details.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
was somat to do with spaces, my password when i used lineone used spaces and its buggering up thier thing. its only ever happened to me that time

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
anyone wanna buy a 17" flat CRT monitor ? its a hansol and its been in my possession for less than a year.

£50!

if you live in london ill deliver too (free) !

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
ye i saw that today

any idiot who would do a bank transfer for 2.5k of goods deserves to get ripped off tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom