Ebay II

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
You realise you could get twice as much for it if you advertise it as a haunted Nokia CARK-91 and make up a story about how it was passed down by your forefathers and anyone who touches it is cursed.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Too many bad memories, besides it might find its way back to me if I did that!

Gray

FH is my second home
Right, last night i just bought a Data Cable for a Sharp GX10i, off Ebay. I used Paypal and it come to £9.98 in total.

Today i just checked my emails and i found that the money got returned into my Paypal account.

Needless to say, this confused me because the seller just paid me my money back... im wondering whether hes decided he doesnt wanna sell after all or what :/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
E-mail him?

Paypal charges the seller to accept payment by credit card, maybe he didnt know this and rejected the payment.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Check the auction details, some people charge a small percentage for paypal payments. Personally, I would rather pay paypal a couple of quid, then go down to my local bank and cash a cheque.

Its also amazing how many people insist upon a cheque for payment, even when I suggest a BACS payment direct into their account. I can't see it as anything other than stupidity.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I sold a DAT recorder recently, untested, and 'sold as seen' on the auction description.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....1145&item=2985112229&ssPageName=STRK:MESSO:IT

The guy who bought it is complaining that it doesn't work, and that he wants his money back. He's also complaining that I didn't send it with insurance, which is my fault (I've offered to credit the £5 insurance back to him).

Has he got a leg to stand on? I've already told him he's not getting any money back. Is 'sold as seen' adequate protection from this kind of problem?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Probably, but I'd suggest you point out that you've said "I've been too busy to test it out properly". The phrase I believe is "caveat emptor".

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I feel bad about this, so I've offered him a £50 refund (a fair price I think), he could sell it as untested and get his money back. I think I was clear enough in the auction that it wasn't fully tested, and sold as seen.

Sold as seen - I would think thats pretty obvious to anybody?

Gray

FH is my second home
Next time you should make it in big bold letters, and clearly state no refunds will be given.

You could also try emailing the winning bidder before (or after?) the auction closes and explain it to them, if they say "ohh well i dont want it" you can give it to someone else.

Altho, buying something for £120 which is "untested" is stupid anyway :/

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Sold as seen is kinda obvious mate, I wouldnt have even offered the refund, youre a kinder man than me!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The guy seems a bit stupid. I told him I would contribute toward the cost of repairs in lieu of a refund, and if it was beyond repair, he could have his money back (minus postage).

Then, I would sell it again, with more obvious wording. Its not a big deal really, but I wish people had a bit more common sense sometimes.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Does this look ok? I'm not an ebayer (I haven't even registered yet) so I'm not sure what to look out for re dodginess etc... The guy seems to have a pretty good reputation...

Clown

Part of the furniture
eBay said:
Invalid Item

The item you requested ( 5703587274 ) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available.
What?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Naw, a Sony Ericsson S700. I'm gonna buy one asap because it looks like the mut's nuts. :)

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Got me 2 tickets to see the Chili Peppers in Hyde Park on Sunday 20th off Ebay last week :D My first Ebay bidding experience too.
The bidding went beserk in the last 2 minutes and I was sat there thinking "wtf?" and all these bids were coming in and the price was escalating but I got it with about 4 seconds to spare.

I aer teh happeh!!11

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Free listing day on Thursday. Time to sell my PS2 and all my Buffy Angel Videos ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yeah noticed that, gona be sticking alot of me old games and consoles on, btw is there a limit on how much you can list?

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Not that I know of, better read the small print though ;)

milou

Part of the furniture
Damini - I've copied your link to a few guys in my old office as they were devout Pompey fans (assuming that you can use devout and Pompey in the same sentence). Best o' luck!

Damini

Part of the furniture
There's ONLY devout pompey fans - fickle ones have run away to greener pastures a long, long time ago :) Thanks for that Milou - I'd be very pleased if it ended up with someone who'd really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom