Ebay II

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Prosecutor Peter Moore said: "He set up three bank accounts to handle cash, which he obtained via bank transfer. But he was not content with taking people's money - he later taunted them by e-mailing them with details of how he'd spent it."

What a little ****.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
right i got a mail which i think is from ebay asking me if i want to join the power seller program. but the link to the registration page points to http://click2.ebay.com******** is this legit or fake?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yaka said:
right i got a mail which i think is from ebay asking me if i want to join the power seller program. but the link to the registration page points to http://click2.ebay.com******** is this legit or fake?

Goto the ebay site and log in, then check your account.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
What have you got? I'd be happy to trade for a Radeon 9800 Pro or above. My video card is pretty rare, after all it's one of only 5 in the world that have been previously owned by me.

Gray

FH is my second home
Im gonna be making a go of buying and selling a few o2 SIM Cards. Ive at the moment ive got 11 Sim Cards, which i paid less than £25 for in total. Gonna flog a couple at work as i had a few keen people interested, and also some on Ebay at £7 each.

If all goes well i should get just over double profit... All sounds well on paper :/

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
Gray said:
Im gonna be making a go of buying and selling a few o2 SIM Cards. Ive at the moment ive got 11 Sim Cards, which i paid less than £25 for in total. Gonna flog a couple at work as i had a few keen people interested, and also some on Ebay at £7 each.

If all goes well i should get just over double profit... All sounds well on paper :/
you can get them for free though?

Gray

FH is my second home
yeah, i got the first 4 free, but after that no one else in household can get em etc.

plus the o2 promotion is only on once every so many months, so just getting 4 would be a waste.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, I can't seem to sign in to the Ebay community boards, so I'll post it here anyway.

I was bidding on an item, but lost out by a good few hundred pounds. Anyway, an email arrived today, one of those '2nd chance offers' when the winning bidder doesn't pay up. So I responded honestly, because I thought I was going to get a real bargain, but I thought it was a bit suspicious, so I contacted the winning bidder.

He said that the mics were in the post, and the bid went through ok, and that somebody was scamming this auction, so I looked again at the email I received, and noticed the username and email address didn't match the one in the auction. This is his username : csehfaith

I reported it straight away, and was trying to log into ebay's boards, when this came:

Hello .
I want to tell you that i want to make a secure transaction through
eBay...is more safe,easy and also legit.To be able to do that i need all
your details:

eBay User Id:...........
Phone number:........
Full name and address ...

As soon i receive this info from you i will start this transaction
through eBay.They will send you an e-mail with all the instruction that
you must folow,to close this deal with me.
Just i told you...this is legit..through eBay...they will approve my
transaction after they check my full name and address...
So..if you`re interested please e-mail me with all this details.

My response (mod please edit if unsuitable)

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU STUPID FUCKING KNOBSCRATCH

PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE FUCKING SCUM OF THE EARTH

I HOPE YOU GET AIDS

I've also changed my password, just in case his original email was a redirect to a dodgy site.

Is there any chance his original email to me could have 'hax0r3d' my machine? I'll quote the email header below (I removed my email address).

Return-Path: <faith_cseh@hotmail.com>
Received: from mx40.sjc.ebay.com ([66.135.197.22])
by mta10-svc.ntlworld.com
(InterMail vM.4.01.03.37 201-229-121-137-20020806) with ESMTP
id <20041103160534.EQNM20770.mta10-svc.ntlworld.com@mx40.sjc.ebay.com>
for <MY EMAIL ADDRESS@ntlworld.com>; Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:05:34 +0000
Received: from sj-v3conta04 (sj-v3conta04.sjc.ebay.com [10.6.189.177])
by mx40.sjc.ebay.com (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id iA3G713W021769
for <MY EMAIL ADDRESS@ntlworld.com>; Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:07:03 -0800
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:07:03 -0800
Message-ID: <1066025976.1099498023555.JavaMail.ebayapp@sj-v3conta04>
Reply-To: faith_cseh@hotmail.com
To: MY EMAIL ADDRESS@ntlworld.com
Subject: Question from eBay Member
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=195331064.1099498023555.JavaMail.ebayapp.sj-v3conta04
X-eBay-MailTracker: 10025.347.3.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
doubt it, m8 i get a few of these 2nd chance bollox type e-mails and my replies to em has been same as yours.

make sure yer virus scraaner scanss all incoming e-mails just in case

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Couple of recent scam emails, I've removed the links for obvious reasons.
Just thought the noobs might get caught out by these. Both were nice html emails, identical to real Ebay emails. A quick look at the email source code showed the bogus linkage, ebaystatic. com

----------------------------------------------

eBay request: Please follow the Member Verification Procedure (Second Notice)

Dear eBay Member,

Due to recent account takeovers and unauthorized listings, eBay is introducing a new account verification method. From time to time, randomly selected accounts (seller and/or buyer) are subjected to an advanced verification process based on our merchant accounts/bank relations and customers credit card. eBay may also request in an email message scanned/faxed copies of one or more photo ID's. Your account confirmation may go wrong if your credit card/bank account is expired, or if you have changed your credit card number, billing address etc. without letting us know about the change.
Subject of this verification process are also the accounts that have unpaid dues to eBay.
Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message your account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your eBay registration. If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of eBay policy to represent oneself as another eBay user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. eBay is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Note: If this is the second time you receive this notice, it might be because you have made a mistake when you entered your details or that the account was not updated at all.

To confirm your identity with us click here:........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
and

Welcome

Welcome to a community of sellers that have achieved exceptional levels of success and positive feedback on eBay!

We invite you to join us as a PowerSeller

If you agree with this rank please Become an eBay Power Seller within 24 hours

Very important!
The registration is active only once.

Why you become a PowerSeller?
PowerSellers are eBay top sellers who have sustained a consistent high volume of monthly sales and a high level of total feedback with 98% positive or better. As such, these sellers rank among the most successful sellers in terms of product sales and customer satisfaction on eBay. We are proud to recognize your contributions to the success of the eBay Community!

When you see this icon next to the member's user ID, be assured that the member is a qualified PowerSeller who not only maintains a solid sales record but also a 98% positive feedback rating based on transactions with other eBay users. You can feel assured that your transaction will go smoothly and that you are dealing with one who has consistently met the requirements established by eBay.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
same ere just got this fake e-mail.

-----------------------------------------------------

You have received this email because you or someone had used your account to make fake bids on eBay. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter. To help speed up this process, you are required to verify your eBay account by following the link below.

http://scgi.ebay.com/verify_id=ebay&user=***********

Please save this fraud alert id for your reference

Please Note - If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and will be cancelled. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used to combat fraud.

We appreciate your support and understating, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc.

Gray

FH is my second home
heh, im gonna love it if Ebay do that really on April fools day...

oooh the joys ;o

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You'll get more attention with some piccies mate, even if they're official ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom