Ebay II

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Joined
Jan 1, 2004
Messages
1,549
it was forgetfulness, that better?
 

dysfunction

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
8,869
Could you also state what it is so people can decide if they want to take a look or not
 

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,368
Take a look at...

...this.

I have no idea whether the stuff this guy sells is worth the £10, but he is really onto a winner. He has well over 600 feedbacks, virtually all as seller, and are 98% positive!

That's well over £6000, since last July, he has got just from e-mailing people this set of files. Jesus wish I could have thought of that.

RB
 

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,681
Rubber Bullets said:
...this.

I have no idea whether the stuff this guy sells is worth the £10, but he is really onto a winner. He has well over 600 feedbacks, virtually all as seller, and are 98% positive!

That's well over £6000, since last July, he has got just from e-mailing people this set of files. Jesus wish I could have thought of that.

RB
What's your thoughts on the legibility of this mans claims?
 

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
780
Has anyone bought this thing? Just wondering if it actually works? anyone know anything more about it?
 

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,328
One of us could buy it then make it freely available to everyone on here.....
 

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,368
My feeling is that he has brought together a load of open source (and possibly some not so open) and bundled it up with some URL's that are apparently useful. Some of his feedback suggests that some companies have 'samples' of their products that you can request if you know the right format to ask the question, that is what he is selling.

Whether it'd work for you fuck knows.

Jaba, yes people have bought it, over 600 of them, which was kinda my point. On top of that over 98% of those that have are happy with their purchase.

Money for nothing? Well money for very little at least.

Frizz, legibility means whether it is readable or not ;) are you asking whether it is legal or not?

RB
 

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
780
RB, i was more asking if anyone on here has bought it and knows anything more about it :)
 

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,328
I'm beginning to wonder if my curiosity to see what the scam is, is going to get bigger than my desire to hang onto a tenner.

Maybe we could even have a competition to see who makes it work first.
 

Clown

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
4,292
Gumbo said:
I'm beginning to wonder if my curiosity to see what the scam is, is going to get bigger than my desire to hang onto a tenner.

Maybe we could even have a competition to see who makes it work first.
And that's how he makes his money :)
 

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,440
I'm guessing it involves pretending you're a tech-review site, or something.

But then, having not bought, it, I don't know. :)
 

Clown

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
4,292
If it's 110% legal then you can't be fraudulent? But then, if it's all a lie...

Je suis le bored!
 

gremlin

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
191
But surely no tech review site we know would sell the items they've been given to review for personal profit?.. :p
 

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
578
jaba said:
Has anyone bought this thing? Just wondering if it actually works? anyone know anything more about it?
I bought one off someone last year. The instructions were set up what sounded like a legitimate email address for a company so that you werent something like joebloggs@hotmail.com. You could be say purchasing@anycompanyltd.co.uk

You then basically sent begging letters to the companies saying that you have heard of their products and was thinking of stocking them in your shop. Obviously you wanted to try out the Major Branded label before stocking it as a line in your store. You then asked the person at the manufacturer to send you an email to confirm what they wanted to send you. Its nothing illegal I suppose but I would say it is a bit daft to believe that by spending a £5.00 on a CD you will be getting a van load of free plasma TV's tommorow

Granted he has 600 Postive feedbacks. What about all the others who cant be arsed leaving feedback
 

Cdr

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
803
Ash said:
I bought one off someone last year. The instructions were set up what sounded like a legitimate email address for a company so that you werent something like joebloggs@hotmail.com. You could be say purchasing@anycompanyltd.co.uk

You then basically sent begging letters to the companies saying that you have heard of their products and was thinking of stocking them in your shop. Obviously you wanted to try out the Major Branded label before stocking it as a line in your store. You then asked the person at the manufacturer to send you an email to confirm what they wanted to send you. Its nothing illegal I suppose but I would say it is a bit daft to believe that by spending a £5.00 on a CD you will be getting a van load of free plasma TV's tommorow

Granted he has 600 Postive feedbacks. What about all the others who cant be arsed leaving feedback
Isn't that 'Obtaining goods by deception'?
 

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
780
Yeah it still seems a bit odd that companies would just send you stuff for free. Ash did you try it out? you get anything for free?
 

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,368
Ash said:
Granted he has 600 Postive feedbacks. What about all the others who cant be arsed leaving feedback
You might be right Ash, but that would make his profits even higher than the £6000 I thought, and I guess we all think he's declared it to the Inland Revenue.

I guess that what he is suggesting you do is flirting with the edges of the law. Getting people to pay him £10 a go to suggest it is I guess 100% legal, so he is not risking anything and making a hansome pile of cash into the bargain.

RB
 

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
578
jaba said:
Yeah it still seems a bit odd that companies would just send you stuff for free. Ash did you try it out? you get anything for free?
To be honest I didnt try it. I am sure there Response would be something along the lines of

"Dear Sir thanks for the interest in our product. After carefull consideration. NO you cant have one for free. Buy one like everyone else. Thank you and Goodbye"

There are loads of people selling dodgy ebooks on ebay. Its a scam IMHO
 

Gray

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
3,122
and did anyone see yesterday i think it was, someone put up a can of Heinz Spaghetti which costs what? About 39p, sold for £750 just because it had a new label on it (I think it said "75 varities" instead of 57)...

Pffft if thats the case i'll go buy loads and sell em :/
 

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,681
Rubber Bullets said:
Frizz, legibility means whether it is readable or not ;) are you asking whether it is legal or not?

RB
Yeah, i've taken too many blows to the head, causing my mind to get jumbled up. :(
 

Gray

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
3,122
Hm i do recall loads of mates at school playing that Warhammer Game.

Someone even told me he used to paint the figures while he was in the bath :eek6:

Needless to say i didnt speak to him for a while after that ;)

And my GeForce Card sold for £30!
 

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Joined
Jan 1, 2004
Messages
1,549
They've all been in storage for about 6 years but I think my old painting skills were good. My army very rairly failed me.

Ask stazbumpa, his space marine army were regularly crushed on the battlefield.
 

Doh_boy

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,007
I had a mate who was banned from the games workshop store near him for winning too much. :) Even beat the manager and stuff . :p He was 22 mind.
 

dave

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Messages
75
if this guy is receiving loads of plasma tvs and laptops and free stuff - then why is he letting others do it for £10 a go? Wouldn't it be easier to sell the plasma tv's etc? :)
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom