Ebay II

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Do any of you do off the wall bidding on your own ebay listings. I know it's wrong and against the rules and everything, but when you get so many people using third party programs to snipe your listings it seems unfair.

Sorry I think its called shill bidding on ebay, off the wall is what you get in real auctions.

Kryten

Old Cow.
No, it's horrible and I always used to report people that did it :)

But I admit I did it myself on my very first sold item back in '04, my mother bidded on it!

00dave

I suppose it means little to me because I don't buy anything so I'm not interested in low prices. But I see it like real auctions where the auctioneer uses off the wall bids to push the prices up, everybody knows it goes on but it's just accepted as an age old technique. Whereas on ebay the buyers have the advantage because the bids are timed and they can use thrid party programs to bid for them at the last minute. Imagine if a real auction had a time limit and the last person to blurt out a number won, hardly seems fair to me.

I suppose that's what reserve prices are for but they cost you more to list and can really be more of a hindrance than a help.

Whipped

Part of the furniture

Yaka

Part of the furniture
wow suprise dyour getting rid of yer wii.

btw if its a current gen console you should type "capable other un mentionable but cool things as well" and verify that wot it can do thru emails when a wana be buyer asks you about it

Yaka

Part of the furniture
damn shame my vans not capable of carrying that. how old is it?

Damini

Part of the furniture
eBay Seller: perennial punk art: DVD, Film TV, Books, Comics Magazines items on eBay.co.uk

Selling Dark Chronicles for the PS2. Apparently it's quite rare, having seen people trying to flog it for £70 after I listed it for £4 including postage, but sod it. It's only worth what someone will bid, eh? I really enjoyed it, but then got to a stage where I had to race fish, and did not get it at all, and so gave up.

Also selling Broken Sword: The Angel of Death for the PC, and CSI: HArd Evidence for the Wii.

And a bunch of other crap that I doubt anyone on the forums will be interested in :)

Damini

Part of the furniture
Erm, I'm pretty damn sure I have never sold any nipple tassles on ebay.

My brother on the other hand...

00dave

In my experience PC games are hard to sell on Ebay, mind you they're hard to sell full stop

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom