Ebay II

Kryten

Old Cow.
Okiedoke, lot of interest though - 38 watchers currently. Keep an eye - obviously as bidding has started can't separate or stop bidding early.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Yesterday I bought a digital camera for my little girl on eBay. I payed the princely sum of £16.62 including delivery. Today I got an e-mail that said this:

Hi RB,
I do apologise, the post office made the postage less than I did, I have charged you 54p to much.
I will send it on to you.
Sorry for that.
Cheers,
Steve.

I was frankly stunned, I couldn't believe the honesty of the guy. I wish this kind of attitude was more common on eBay.

RB

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have done that once RB, but soon learned that the extra postage covers your ebay fees. I never charge unfair postage though, and have never charged someone if it ended up costing more than I estimated.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Yeah, normally a win some lose some situation. I weigh everything now anyway just to be sure. It's not nice being overcharged, a lot of people do use postage to cover some of the fee's or make up for a low buy it now/auction price but not always a decent policy.

Either way, as for this Steve chap, I'd have messaged him back saying please don't worry about it and mention absolute honesty in the feedback. As you say, it should be more common having people like this, and if it was, it would be a far better place.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I don't sell a lot on eBay, but when I do I make a point of weighing the item and putting the weight in the ad so that people can check for themselves that my p&p is fair. If I then discovered I'd overcharged I'd do exactly as Steve did. I did underestimate once too, and wouldn't have dreamed of passing on the extra cost, it was my mistake after all.

He didn't make this claim though, and at that price I'd never have noticed anyway. Generally speaking I'm not bothered that much by people who add a bit to their postage, when working out my max bid I always do so including p&p and so if they charge more I just bid less.

I did message him back and thank him, and will certainly put something in his feedback.

RB

Clown

Part of the furniture
You should have let him keep the change. It sounds like he deserves it.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Aye, listed at 7pm, sold at 7:27. Bloke I often sell to as well, suspect I was on his favourite seller watch list or something.
Can't complain :)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Just wanted a quick sale, it has a slight fault even I couldn't fix, so not too dissapointed :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
does the amp manual have the explosion chart included?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
pah was hoping to replace the click speaker ports with binding posts and perhaps internalise the joytech hdmi switch, could still do it i guess but a explosion chart/view is helpful when you taken everything apart

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
pah was hoping to replace the click speaker ports with binding posts and perhaps internalise the joytech hdmi switch,

whhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Kryten

Old Cow.
Nice easy one, flogging my own laptop to make funds to buy a phone line & for baby on route.

Ebay item number 260233080186 (too lazy to link sorry)
Dell Latitude D620, Core Duo 1.66ghz proc, 1gb ram, 100gb HDD, 14" WXGA+ screen, Windows XP with media, bluetooth, wifi, included mouse and case.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
When am I gonna get some recognition for this damn thread :)

00dave

Yeah and the original bw thread was started by me also, that's why I called this one ebay II, but this one has way surpassed the original.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Yeah and the original bw thread was started by me also, that's why I called this one ebay II, but this one has way surpassed the original.

its only surpaased as bw is six feet under

00dave

true but as it was me who started both of them that doesnt really matter, I ar teh king of ebay pimping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom