Ebay II

Chilly

Balls of steel
Selling two of these: http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VX2739WM-27-Inch-1920x1080-Monitor/dp/B003GBRXKU
1080p 27" monitors
Don't have a use for them any more. They both work, have minor scratches on the casing/stand. Screens are fine, no dead pixels (as of last use), no scratches. No boxes, no cables. Looking to have them picked up as I don't fancy packing them for shipping. I live in Ealing, West London. I'm looking for £40 each. Any takers? I'd be willing to drop them off within a reasonable distance of me.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Very, very tempted but don't really live near you. If you still have them in a month I could make a detour, heading down to Farnborough for the weekend.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Doh. If I've got them in a month, I'll give you a shout, but I doubt it. One of the guys on IRC is interested and was going to buy them the next gap he has on his on call rota, but he told me he doesnt mind if I try and sell them before then.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Got a new freezer today that is £400 new, found it ebay, ex demo for £250

Tilda

Tom, what are the dimentions on the table, any photos? The link doesn't work.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Gone. I suspect I accepted too low an offer but I'm off out of the country next week and it's one less thing to think about. I got more than the dealer offered though...

soze

I am a FH squatter
I hate eBay and I would rather not pay them so before I have too is anyone here interested in a Playstation 3 (500gb super slim) with GT6 and The Last of Us. And a Nexus 7 latest model 16gb WiFi. I am thinking £120 each but I don't really know if that is good or bad. Both are in good condition in the box still ect.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
no, aaaand no. my advice for champers, if you're not being well classy and chugging it straight from the bottle, is to get the cheapest fuck-off glasses you can. why? because you, whichever lady (or man) friend you're sensuously drinking it with, or perhaps even with guests you barely know swilling stuff in your hizouse for a party you're not actually keen on throwing, are going to fuck those glasses up, and better the cheap as chips glasses go than your 80 euro Iittala designers.

soze

I am a FH squatter
As you are In America I think you should do an auction for some Mint and Neapolitan Oreo Cookies with reasonable postage :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
no, aaaand no. my advice for champers, if you're not being well classy and chugging it straight from the bottle, is to get the cheapest fuck-off glasses you can. why? because you, whichever lady (or man) friend you're sensuously drinking it with, or perhaps even with guests you barely know swilling stuff in your hizouse for a party you're not actually keen on throwing, are going to fuck those glasses up, and better the cheap as chips glasses go than your 80 euro Iittala designers.

Not really for impressing houseguests or any such thing. Have a sort of clean and colorless interior, so throwing up something like that would fit well with everything. But yeah i hear ya, my father were at my other place some years ago and did the dishes when i was not aware, as he'd been a dishes in a restaurant before, he wasn't exactly particularly careful and broke one of the better glasses, that old fart!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yeah chum I know. tbh I basically have some ikea shit that I use day to day, and I have a very small set of nice stuff that I use when I'm feeling festive.

Gray

FH is my second home
I have listings up at the moment, eBay have been frustrating the shit out of me and the missus the past few weeks.

The other day someone bought something from me and paid immediately, i packed it and sent it the next day. A few days later i got an email saying he received the package but he was "suprised" and "disappointed" he received it because i didn't update the status on eBay to "despatched". I was like, what the fuck seriously? Then again a few days later he sent me another email threatening me that if i didn't leave good feedback he would leave me a negative.

Normally i leave my feedback to do at the end of the week or whatever, but i felt entirely blackmailed into leaving this cock good feedback, he had previously followed through with other members leaving them bad feedback. I left the feedback and he did mine, afterwards i emailed eBay as i felt his veiled threats were completely out of order, the cock.

Missues has become disillusioned with eBay because she keeps selling large items (Generally requiring collection only) but she keeps having non-payers, or people who don't come to collect the items. She has an old XBOX which has sold about 3 times and each time a non-payer. She has had a treadmill sold and once again, once these <5 feedback people buy it, and then a few days later say "actually, don't want it now - already bought one".

Since sellers aren't protected it's a load of bollocks now.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I am in a similar mood with them. I won auction for a Camera that was easily worth £300 but labled wrong for £30. The guy messaged me saying he was not going to send it unless I paid £250. I told him tough shit send it. He marked it as sent and 3 days later issued a refund because the Post Office had destroyed the parcel. All this while listing the same camera again. I messaged eBay to which they just replied "The seller claims it is a different camera and has refunded you." And told me I could try small claims court.

That and the 10% postage even on big value orders. I am not offering a £20 item for 99p with £20 postage to avoid fees I am charging £20 plus the maximum postage you let me set yet you sting me for a listing fee 10% for the item, 10% postage and PayPal fees as well. It makes selling items the the PS3 and Nexus 7 I have sat here impractical because to make £50 I have to charge £70 and you can buy it new for that.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I am in a similar mood with them. I won auction for a Camera that was easily worth £300 but labled wrong for £30. The guy messaged me saying he was not going to send it unless I paid £250. I told him tough shit send it. He marked it as sent and 3 days later issued a refund because the Post Office had destroyed the parcel. All this while listing the same camera again. I messaged eBay to which they just replied "The seller claims it is a different camera and has refunded you." And told me I could try small claims court.

That and the 10% postage even on big value orders. I am not offering a £20 item for 99p with £20 postage to avoid fees I am charging £20 plus the maximum postage you let me set yet you sting me for a listing fee 10% for the item, 10% postage and PayPal fees as well. It makes selling items the the PS3 and Nexus 7 I have sat here impractical because to make £50 I have to charge £70 and you can buy it new for that.

So if you accidently posted a item for 30 instead of 300 youd happily let it go for 30?

Be reasonable?

soze

I am a FH squatter
So if you accidently posted a item for 30 instead of 300 youd happily let it go for 30?

Be reasonable?
You have the whole time the auction is running to change or cancel the listing. Once it has sold it is too late to say "I changed my mind" also use a reserve price ect.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There was a program that searched for incorrectly spelled ebay listings (can't remember its name) but even with that people still just cancel after sale or dick about.

If you want to sell stuff locally then there are those "things for sale in xxxx" on facebook, or gumtree or whatever. Ebay is dying.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have listings up at the moment, eBay have been frustrating the shit out of me and the missus the past few weeks.

The other day someone bought something from me and paid immediately, i packed it and sent it the next day. A few days later i got an email saying he received the package but he was "suprised" and "disappointed" he received it because i didn't update the status on eBay to "despatched". I was like, what the fuck seriously? Then again a few days later he sent me another email threatening me that if i didn't leave good feedback he would leave me a negative.

Normally i leave my feedback to do at the end of the week or whatever, but i felt entirely blackmailed into leaving this cock good feedback, he had previously followed through with other members leaving them bad feedback. I left the feedback and he did mine, afterwards i emailed eBay as i felt his veiled threats were completely out of order, the cock.

Missues has become disillusioned with eBay because she keeps selling large items (Generally requiring collection only) but she keeps having non-payers, or people who don't come to collect the items. She has an old XBOX which has sold about 3 times and each time a non-payer. She has had a treadmill sold and once again, once these <5 feedback people buy it, and then a few days later say "actually, don't want it now - already bought one".

Since sellers aren't protected it's a load of bollocks now.
Use play, similar fees, less dicks.

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Not on ebay yet, but i've got a pair of nVidia GTX 660ti's with SLI bridge going. Looking for £110 each or £200 the pair.

Gwadien

Not on ebay yet, but i've got a pair of nVidia GTX 660ti's with SLI bridge going. Looking for £110 each or £200 the pair.
My brother could be interested issue is, how many 660ti's would you need to out-perform say one 770?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That seems a lot considering they are two generations old. I would guess more 50 ish each tbh. Get a 760 for little more than that

Gwadien

That seems a lot considering they are two generations old. I would guess more 50 ish each tbh. Get a 760 for little more than that
Suppose it depends, I think 2 SLI'd 660's is probably better than a single 760..

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, 2 generations. I did a quick lookup with some ebay tools and the market price for used is around £130. One point though, the second card has never been used apart from testing it worked - I got it for an SLI setup and in my eagerness, bought the wrong motherboard....The 600 series was the first to support three way SLI, so again performance compared against a difference card, i don't know...

I will say it'll run Arma3 with everything ultra with either 4x FSAA or no AA and 150% oversampling at 40fps.

Gwadien

Hardware is a bitch, he's got quite an old pc, so SLing would be perfect, since he can get one of them, then upgrade the CPU at a later date, and then buy another 660SLi.

I just looked at a new graphics card that'll run CS:GO comfortably, and it was a 650 which sells on Amazon for £120, so he's probably better off getting a SLI 660 for that price, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom