Games Dragon Age Origins WTF <drools>

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well the forest seems to count as a dungeon, and you cant fast-travel the world from one I guess. my mistake.

TdC

WTF Branka man,
she and the golems under her sway slay me like I'm not even there. I can knock out most of em, but by that time I'm grossly under powered and fall :/ NEED TACTICS ADVICE :eek:

also

why the fuck doesn't Carridin help my draggin ass out eh? he's a STEEL GOLEM ffs and just stands there like a lemon while Branka kixors the shit out of me :eek:

MEH!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Teeds is getting old.. He needs help from everyone

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
WTF Branka man,
she and the golems under her sway slay me like I'm not even there. I can knock out most of em, but by that time I'm grossly under powered and fall :/ NEED TACTICS ADVICE :eek:

also

why the fuck doesn't Carridin help my draggin ass out eh? he's a STEEL GOLEM ffs and just stands there like a lemon while Branka kixors the shit out of me :eek:

MEH!

Also why the fuck does Oghren disapprove of you doing the right thing and kicking Branka's arse, when he himself berates her for her actions. Bioware have some really shit logic behind some of their conversation paths.

TdC

also, why can't I have a threesome with Morrigan and Lilliana, that would be awesome! anyway...

I can whittle them down to just Branka if I am lucky with cone of cold and my crits. by this time usually Oghren and my warden-tank are dead, and Wynne is just so fucking slow with the revival spell recharge that it gets to be a race to see if Branka can catch her. For someone not wearing armour, Wynne runs like a slow ass mofo ffs :/

Corran

Part of the furniture
Died once trying to do that bit then got to grips with it..

My tactic was
running round in circles with branka chasing me with the other 3 people attacking the rest of the golems.
Sticking up an ice storm where i could to try slow down the other golems/freeze.
Healing the friendly golems:
note: this was one the last areas i done so level wise had lots of abilities. I went throuhg all the areas without completing them, then done Dwarf area.

In regards to carriden
It is said he can not move because of the control rod that Branka holds... how half the other golems are unaffected I dont know, becuase you would expect him to be unaffected if anyone.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
you can use the Lyrium veins to recharge your mana. Branka does that as well, so use the veins before she does.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Run your healer to the side near the bunch of lyrum veins
Place your tanks on the 2 golems which are free, your dmg absorber on the yelllow and the other on the normal ones
Cast the 'shield' spell on Branka which stops her doing and taking dmg, essentially you are removing her from the fight
Then assist your normal tank with cold nukes i think they are weak to with all your mages, or concentrate both your healers on healing 1 of the spare golems

Thats how i did it anyway

If you dont have any disables do an aoe and get the golems attention, use your tanks and healer to take out the rest 1 by 1 as you run them around in circles

@Corran control rod only controls one at a time

Corran

Part of the furniture
she has control of more then 1 golem though :p

I completed it once, and on my next playthrough. I like the extra weapon that now got at the start. A tier 6 dagger which i believe came from registering the game before end of november.

Means at the start of the game, I have the dagger (28 dex req though, but get that early on a rogue :( ), a helm that got +2 all attributes and no restrictions on it, and god knows what else.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Force field and crushing prison are great for CC in tough fights.

Or if you really want to abuse it, taunt everyone to attack your tank then forcefield him - pick the mobs off one at a time while they whiff on your tank

TdC

No lyrium potions to recharge her?
haha lol :(
Died once trying to do that bit then got to grips with it..

My tactic was
running round in circles with branka chasing me with the other 3 people attacking the rest of the golems.
Sticking up an ice storm where i could to try slow down the other golems/freeze.
Healing the friendly golems:
note: this was one the last areas i done so level wise had lots of abilities. I went throuhg all the areas without completing them, then done Dwarf area.

In regards to carriden
It is said he can not move because of the control rod that Branka holds... how half the other golems are unaffected I dont know, becuase you would expect him to be unaffected if anyone.

you can use the Lyrium veins to recharge your mana. Branka does that as well, so use the veins before she does.
I know, I've already been in the Void :)
Run your healer to the side near the bunch of lyrum veins
Place your tanks on the 2 golems which are free, your dmg absorber on the yelllow and the other on the normal ones
Cast the 'shield' spell on Branka which stops her doing and taking dmg, essentially you are removing her from the fight
Then assist your normal tank with cold nukes i think they are weak to with all your mages, or concentrate both your healers on healing 1 of the spare golems

Thats how i did it anyway

If you dont have any disables do an aoe and get the golems attention, use your tanks and healer to take out the rest 1 by 1 as you run them around in circles

Force field and crushing prison are great for CC in tough fights.

Or if you really want to abuse it, taunt everyone to attack your tank then forcefield him - pick the mobs off one at a time while they whiff on your tank

Nightmare mixed with Cold Storm ftfw!

I'll give it another go :) Don't have any of the nice AOE's yet, as Wynne is maxed out to heal with only dmg from cone of cold, ie not massive AOE and Morrigan is not yet maxed out on dmg aaaaand Wynne is in the party o0

TdC

well, waddayaknow, I got lucky with some crits and took all the bad golems out in no time at all, then she was toast :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
well, waddayaknow, I got lucky with some crits and took all the bad golems out in no time at all, then she was toast :)

nicely done.

1am, in bed, missus asleep, laptop on.. tempted to load up my rogue game. lol.
Shame it runs badly so quickly on laptop due to memory leak etc.

TdC

Killled the high dragon today. Then the game decided to stop working. It's just stopped and now refuses to start. I verified the game files through steam, nothing. I redownloaded the content through steam, nothing. I reinstalled DirectX, nothing.

Any thoughts?

TdC

it was fucking steam, so that was pooh. I deleted the client.blob thing and Steam updated, and all was well again :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Keep at it mate, the end battle is well worth it

wow what a trip this game is :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
just starting it, duno what to be etc :p

feels loads like baldur's gate which is great

Turamber

Part of the furniture
just starting it, duno what to be etc :p

Mages have a lot of speccing options, but I found the human noble backstory to be better than the mage story. I'm playing my rogue character like a DAoC mercenary, no stealth and all about the DPS - going well so far.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Mage is probably the best class to have as your character so you can spec it how you like early on rather than having a bunch of redundant skills
The storyline for the mage is quite cool too

Dwarf Noble, rogue is probably the hardest start but one of the better start stories

I would suggest against being a rogue you will drop Zefran (assassin) from your party and miss out on alot of quality dialogue

Personally i found the human noble storyline to be pretty meh, The elf stories werent anything particulalrly amazing too

Corran

Part of the furniture
I liked the difference of the dalish elf.

So far I done story for human noble, elf mage, dalish elf and enjoyed them all.. But there was something interesting about the human noble because it gives you a taste of things to come etc.

Helme

Resident Freddy
My favourite was by far Dwarf Noble, I did it before Human and which made me just ask "thats it?" after finishing it in 20minutes.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
how many times did you guys finish the game? :eek:

Corran

Part of the furniture
how many times did you guys finish the game? :eek:

Only finished it once, but got about 6 different games on the go currently. lol

Bound to play it alot over xmas when at the inlaws as will take the laptop with me. Gives about 6 days worth of playing if not more

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Finished it 3 times, waiting for the new dlc before i give it another go :)
I agree with Helme Dwarven Noble is by far the best "intro" I liked the city elf aswell but could have been a bit longer
But atleast city elf "intro" showed i made the right decision in killing the noble in the cell prior to trying to save the "queen"

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I got bored of it and have not finished it, may go back one day. Too much of the same old as you get into this game, hopefully they do better with mass effect 2.

TdC

I have about 80 hours or so into it. I still like it though the grind is a bit evident now.
I enjoy the humor in it, with certain geeky references to things, and I also like how it pokes fun at itself and the genre, especailly in dialogue aka "let me guess, you want me to get you something, right?" ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom