Dragon Age 3

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
using Dorian lightning/necro with a little bit of shield + speed recharge cos its a no brainer.. Horror =best thing ever for packs of shitty mobs

/additional
i -highly- recommened the Scouting perk that shows the resources. you got to an area, it marks the Logging Camps and Quarries on the map for you so u can wander over and claim them
many usefuls for upgrading buildings etc

Mabs

finally getting somewhere with crafting, using complimentary mods is so wrong. Worth getting the Perk to get your class recipes aswell. just so wrong.

lvl 14, 240 DPS great axe with 77% armour penetration. so so wrong

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Found the first group of mobs I couldn't take in a breach closing encounter yesterday. The Horsemaster / farm missions, there's one with two ranged greater demons, and two of those twiggly skinny demons who can teleport / jump out of the ground. I slaughter the first wave of them, but when I close in to disrupt the rift the second wave gets me every time :eek:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Found the first group of mobs I couldn't take in a breach closing encounter yesterday. The Horsemaster / farm missions, there's one with two ranged greater demons, and two of those twiggly skinny demons who can teleport / jump out of the ground. I slaughter the first wave of them, but when I close in to disrupt the rift the second wave gets me every time :eek:
Group up the melee and use the fire grenades keep your dps on opposite side from the teleporting mage demons. Also keep trying to interrupt the big guys when they do the aoe knockdown. Long cast so should be able to get off an explosive shot or mage stun/freeze...

TdC

yeah chum I did find out the GD's were weak to fire based attacks. what also annoyed me was that at the time the rift allowed interrupting, my char couldn't get a lock on it. I mean, I was right underneath the thing ffs :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
yeah chum I did find out the GD's were weak to fire based attacks. what also annoyed me was that at the time the rift allowed interrupting, my char couldn't get a lock on it. I mean, I was right underneath the thing ffs :(

Your at the one by the small river? Annoying that you have to stand on the hill opposite side to farm to get a lock. Remember having the same issue.

TdC

yeah, that exact place! I'll try the hill thing tonight! :D

Mabs

just found a Confusion grenade recipe, makes things it hit fight each other <3

Mabs

im "somewhere" ... cant get to a crafting table, so dont know yet :(

SPOILZOR !

dropped off an assasin in the winter palace at the peace negotiations

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Not really had many problems on nightmare yet - a couple of breaches have been a bit hard going.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Dragons have been the only main problem for me on Nightmare, i am only lv11 tho so maybe still a bit to low for them

Mabs

anyone know :
max level?
if you can start again on "hard mode" with same toons a-la ME3 ?

TdC

*finally* found a grenade crafting thing, which was fairly lucky as I also found a grenade belt at the same time. I found the/a Hinterlands dragon too, that was well pretty tbh! Ofc it destroyed me, and on my second go my party decided to "hold position" in a perfect spot for being fireballed, so meh.

For some odd reason the breaches are absolutely destroying me as well, regardless of potions, whatnot. I srsly need to change strategy. Any tips?

TdC

I know, right? I mean, I was fairly good at DA:O tactical mode, chopping right through the hardest of mobs. I was thinking:

* strafe more
* potion up before combat
* use mage for crowd control more than offense

Anything else? Atm I've not met any other chars so have the standard party setup. I was considering respeccing that Dwarf asshole as a dual yielder as I have some awesome daggers dropped. Thoughts?

TdC

not met any of the others yet chumlar. I was thinking it would be nice to have another...well, not entirely melee, since rogues are a bit of a glass cannon anyway, but more "in your face" kind of char.

I have some daggers dropped which are between 150 and 198 DPS iirc, so just to compare my main is on a 83 DPS bow, and the tank is on a 90 DPS sword. I want to bring the daggers in to play, but tbh I am not sure where I have to go/what I have to do to actually respec a char. Possibly a perk I've not yet unlocked?

TdC

I killed two dragonlings and swaggered around the corner only to think....this won't end well. It didn't: the game crashed like two seconds later.

hmm.jpg

TdC

and five minutes later, I start questioning the sanity of my party as...

cassdeathwish.png

Mabs

respec is for sale in base, 1 free,others are 350something each. look for the "vendor" that is a banner

and that giants causeway thing in first pic is amazing. its used in a few places but the big one on the coast is proper mint

Mabs

So who has found returning cast from da 1 or 2 ?

Lilliane ofc
cassandra
Varric
Hawke from DA2
Morrigan

any others ? :<
[/spoilers]

Mabs

just keeps getting better and better :D

60 hours in, lvl 17 just done Adamant keep, so much win

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Do enemies scale with level? I didn't think they did but everything seems to be level 6 currently even shitty Rams etc...

I mean, I've faced higher levels but base level seems to have increased to 6

TdC

when the dragon pasted me in to the ground I was lvl8 and it conned as 12 iirc. I'm 10 now, will check for you.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
aye seems there is soft scaling (zones have a max level and will scale until you are at that level)...kinda sucks on a NM playthrough

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I don't think they scale, it seems to be location based. I've gone back to an area much later on because I was under-levelled at the time and they were still the same as when I left.

Ignoring the dragon, I even found a few level 12 enemies in The Hinterlands very early on just by exploring further than expected.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
The rams and bandits/templars etc have consistently levelled with me in Hinterlands

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I don't think they scale, it seems to be location based. I've gone back to an area much later on because I was under-levelled at the time and they were still the same as when I left.

Ignoring the dragon, I even found a few level 12 enemies in The Hinterlands very early on just by exploring further than expected.

Yes, soft scaling is the zone having a max level and not going beyond that, but up until that point the enemies will scale with you. This does not interfere with enemies that are already higher than you.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Yes, soft scaling is the zone having a max level and not going beyond that, but up until that point the enemies will scale with you. This does not interfere with enemies that are already higher than you.

Makes sense. I'm certainly getting areas I previously cleared that are now populated by Red Templars. Slightly tougher than the level 3 bandit that used to live there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom