Dragon Age 3

Corran

Part of the furniture
i gave in and purchased..... lookin fotward to playing it when i get time. should be first game i dont complete in 3 days, or get bored with in couple hours like the rest lately

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
ha!
they can fuck off if they think im buying anything else from BiowarEA tbh, theyve ruined the studio (who saw that coming), 2 main blokes have left, its gone down the pan, so thanks, but no thanks ;\
Hehe @Mabs

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I'm not totally against it - but it does make traversing supposedly low level areas a bit of a pain on nm.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
for that dragon you want two S&S, Rogue dagger and a mage. close in they don't get hit by the fire breath. Mage shield when he does the ground flapping thing. If he takes off round up the troops and head to the cave until he lands on one of the ledges. Take out the mini dragons quick when they spwan. Did this at lvl 12 would not recommend it before that. Make sure the mage is not using fire damage stick, ice or electric. I used ice, blizzard is nice :)

Dragon stays at 12 btw

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Is this really worth the £40 quid rip off price?

Well if you liked DA:Origins you'll like this too. An average play-through is supposed to take around 80 hours, double that is you do every side quest. So you certainly get a lot of gameplay for your money.

It's the only full price game I've bought this year and my first on Origin. I'm 35 hours in and have zero regrets so far.

Edit: I paid £40, that's with the 20% GMG download discount.

Last edited:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Is this really worth the £40 quid rip off price?

Cost me £60!

Its a AAA game so about the going rate but to look at it objectively, its potentially a 200 hour game on just one character class. 3 Base classes, 4 spec lines for each class and 3(?) per class talent specs.

You get a hell of a lot of game for your money, I really enjoy what I have played so far but with some minor annoyances (PC UI is a bit shit).

/edit Zarjazz above etc etc.

Zarjazz

i loved the cutscene at the start it was very Minas Tirath

Yeah. This mission is the highlight of the game so far for me, but I may have made a fundamental mistake when
I cleared out the castle and fought what I thought was the final boss with the Dragon sniping me only to be sent to the Fade. I'd used up all my tonics & grenades by then. It's been a hard slog getting to the end demon. I'm taking a break as I've failed on him 3 times now. Damn the spider swarm when I've get him to 50%!

The castle was win but the Fade section was even better. So many nice touches. How the spiders all have unique names. The gravestones for each party member. The dream item quest.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
there should be a refill box as you go into the F

Zarjazz

I know that. But since by then everyone has no health left when I refill (hard is hard), even after the refill I'm down to only 4 potions before I even start :)

Mabs

i run
12 health, 5 regen, 3 healing mist/rez pots

Mabs

on somewhat of a tangent, anyone multiplayering at all ?

add me on origin (Lindraskada) and poke me :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Off to LA in the morning but my Origin is Marricus, would be fun running through some multiplayer scenarios. Watched some streams of the early dungeons, but never anyone on when I try to get a game :(

Tilda

Ok, so I am on the first zone and loving it so far.
How does multiplayer work?

Mabs

Ok, so I am on the first zone and loving it so far.
How does multiplayer work?

you click the button in the main menu and magic happens ?

its self contained, it DOES NOT effect the campaign unlike ME3

Zarjazz

Adamant Keep cleared. I had to character juggle like a bastard to get some good combos working. Anyway, I'm glad that's over with. :)

On the down side, next I have to go dancing?!

Mabs

Adamant Keep cleared. I had to character juggle like a bastard to get some good combos working. Anyway, I'm glad that's over with. :)

On the down side, next I have to go dancing?!

yes, its fucking brilliant

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Champions of the Just is fucking hard on NM...

The envy demon is kicking my ass. Managed to exploit my way out of the 'waves of enemies' fight just before by stealthing and being a sneaky bastid on the ladders, but the demon is just ...

Mabs

i found the Horn that isnt the damage add one is sick as fuck, upgraded it strips almost 100% of Guard off mobs

Mabs

well... Well ? .. WELL !

i drank from it, its fucking mint

any let morrigan do it, or any of the other party people ? :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Well, that envy demon was certainly doable just had to use tactics mode all fight...yey!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Managed about 10hrs played over 3 days.. killed my first dragon now as well in a rather odd fight. First try I got overwhelmed by the 2nd spawn of dragonlings when i was out of potions already. Being that I was only level 8 at that time I guess it was to be expected.

Tried again at level 9 and things were going well, but again I started to get overwhelmed and with nothing left to fight with at 50%, so I pulled the team away and up the hill where I ended up at the dragons lair. Took a breather and headed back towards him. I left the squad at the bottom of the hill and stealthed up onto the top and had a look at how things were. I sniped the Dragonlings from there and found the dragon didnt react, so I proceeded to snipe him as well. Took quite some time to kill it and he would throw fireballs at me but the range was so long it was easy to dodge. Probably abused the fight mechanic there but didnt want to lose my hard work prior to that and thus just used it to my advantage :D

Enjoying playing my Rogue archer currently, but I already know that when I completed my first play through I definately be doing it again with a Mage next. The little time playing Solis during battles been quite fun.

Think I have almost cleared all of Hinterlands now, just need to make way up to Redcliff area and see what is there before I figure what I am actually meant to be doing story wise :D

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Just love the game, loves Seras quirkyness. Cookies on the roof.. :D

MrHyde

Fledgling Freddie
Played a long time ago, I think now is the time to return to the game,cause new chapter seems good to me.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
heh where I was complaining of the lack of followers, I now have Sera, Blackwall, the cow and some hot mage chick. Should have followed the story line I guess. Still need to bag me a dragon though....

Zarjazz

I'm 40 hours in and I still haven't found the female mage. Though I have got the poncey male one who acts like he's come from a Village People fancy dress party. I've also not bashed a dragon either, not had the free time this week. It means I've been slacking on the hours to put into this.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Cole is a fucking legend.

"The dead people cried and walked into the sea...The rest of the poem is sad"

or something similiar. Top banter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom