Dragon Age 3

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Has got very positive reviews everywhere really.

I think a general consensus is that it kind of drops you in at the deep end with little explanation about history/lore. I havn't played two because I heard from multiple sources it was a big pile of wank bags.
I would recommend playing Origins anyway because it was brill - albeit dated now.

Might be worth reading the Wiki for a story catch up though - couldn't hurt.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Ok cheers dude. I tried 2 and hated it but this looks like the bollocks.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
im coming around to it, in a make or break way, either its going to redeem them, or im never buying Bioware again :|

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Has to be better than 2. If its more like the first I will be very happy. Watched the vids etc and game play looks pretty good.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Yeh, I mean DAO hasn't aged very well IMO and its got to be better than two just with the addition of the tac cam!!!

Mabs

reviews for 3 seem to be quite good, very torn :(

pikeh

Resident Freddy
aye, a few common complaints are with the depth of the story your dropped into and the combat seems less 'tactical' which I was a little concerned about, but to be honest, move reviewers were probably playing on Normal to make the review embargo lift, so the use of Tac cam was probably not needed much. I'll be jumping in on Hard or nightmare to be honest. Also a complaint is the lack of a storage chest or similiar, however, I think crafting ingredients are stored somewhere other than normal inventory, and I personally have a tendency to hoard shit in RPG's so the restriction may be welcome for me!!!

Mabs

they carried over 2? of the people i dont give a shit about, that dwarf can ctfoadiaf

Mabs

and have they gone the Tits&Arse route with the women aswell

270px-Ashley_Character_Box.png

into

ashley-williams.jpg

etc :x

pikeh

Resident Freddy
nope? been mostly avoiding the hype :(

Me to a degree as well, but from what I have seen all of the characters have varied and non-cliche personalities. Not really any of the above T&A action, but apparently the romance scenes have dicks and flange.
One thing Bioware do do very well is not succumbing to genre tropes - the big burly warrior in this game (A Qunari called The Iron Bull) is really laid back and non-gruffly voice. There is a diagram out with the different characters traits and personalities...

Mabs

nice ta :)

Varric is an annoying cunt :(
and i presume whats her tits, the witch , is in aswell

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Morrigan?

Idk, I think shes been bandied around a bit because of...

her baby

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
This was pretty much a no-buy from me after DA2 and the combat in all the preview videos made it seem completely based upon arcade button-mashing. However all the early reviews seem to be very positive and clarified the combat aspect:

"The real-time, action-lite combat allows you to auto-attack by holding down a trigger or use specific spells and abilities with the face buttons. If you need more time to plan your attacks, you can pause the fight at any moment, pull the camera back and begin issuing commands to everyone in your party one by one. ..... the hard and nightmare difficulty settings all but require you to use the paused tactical combat at all times"

Which is all good news to me since I loved DA1. Damn you wallet, now I've gone and pre-ordered this! :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Question: Do I need to play origins and DA2 to enjoy this?
Not really, dunno if you can use the "savegame" feature if you dont own the previous games thou. But check it out and you get a nice backstory for nr 3.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Morrigan?

Idk, I think shes been bandied around a bit because of...

her baby
via the dragonkeep page where you set up your background you can choose if its an old god or human baby..

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Pre-loading....bring it on. Finally finished Shadow of Mordor but still trying to cap my TSW chars before starting this.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
just got home and checked on the pre-load - completed and states available Nov 20 at 03:00 presumably local time UAE (GMT +4) so probably midnight 19th in EU
DA3.jpg

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I just got far cry 4 as well. And little big planet 3 is out next week. Damn this time of year

pikeh

Resident Freddy
AHHHHH excite.

Have heard the KB&M bindings/controls are a bit borked so hopefully those stupid yanks playtest it for us first and they can get a patch out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom