Dragon Age 3

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
On my SLi GTX780 setup have seen the frame rate drop to 47 on some of the video sequences but other than that its great. never seen a crash and currently playing in 1920x1080 Window on ctr monitor.

For those in the lvl 8-11 area do the mission "Rescue Soldiers Missing In Ferelden" - War Room Quest (in Ferelden south) where you have to fight the Barbarian Chief's son to rescue the soldiers. Lots of waist deep water, stand in it and you get a constant supply of weak skeletons to kill. Decent and very easy XP. Did 8-11 there which the made me powerful enough to take on the L12 Demon breeches in Ferelden.

Also tried the Ferelden dragon and got my arse kicked. Figured out the pattern now and got him to around 20% second try. Close up melee is the key as they cannot be hit by the fire breath. I reckon it could be done with 2 S&S and Dagger Rogue up close. Control a wiz at distance to provide shields and continually run around to avoid the fire attacks. When he takes flight strafe and run to the cave tunnel towards camp until he is down again then run under the ledge of where he lands until he comes down. He spawns lil dragons at at least 3 stages which are easy enough to kill.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
first area is over large and over filled with mini tasks, skip it when you can, do main quest, newer areas are more focused. Plus you need to see the giants causeway cos its brill :)

lvl 11 and 32 hours in :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I did lvl 8-11 in around 2 hours in that swamp area just killing skels in the water. Now at the Storm Coast, very nice scenery and enjoying wondering around to explore it.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
What setting are you all on?, I am on nightmare and it certainly feels a challenge lol

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Started a Dagger Rogue on Normal but also have a Mage game in Nightmare - wow certainly a difference. One thing I really miss from previous games is a proper heal spell. The mage shield spells are great and the pots work ok in missions etc. But if you want to roam around for a while you soon run out and have to get back to camp. Refill pots as a craft thing out in the wilds would be good, even if it consumed twice the resources.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I'm on Hard which I think strikes a good balance, you can't just rush into every bit of combat without though while still not being stupidly tough. I think I did one of the main plot options a few levels too early and ended up with all 4 characters with no health and no health potions about to walk into the boss battle. That was certainly challenging :)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I had same situation on nightmare for two main story sections/bosses now and yep certainly was challenging lol

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I'm on Hard which I think strikes a good balance, you can't just rush into every bit of combat without though while still not being stupidly tough. I think I did one of the main plot options a few levels too early and ended up with all 4 characters with no health and no health potions about to walk into the boss battle. That was certainly challenging :)

Think I will re-roll my mage in Hard

Mabs

Started a Dagger Rogue on Normal but also have a Mage game in Nightmare - wow certainly a difference. One thing I really miss from previous games is a proper heal spell. The mage shield spells are great and the pots work ok in missions etc. But if you want to roam around for a while you soon run out and have to get back to camp. Refill pots as a craft thing out in the wilds would be good, even if it consumed twice the resources.

i got the Red perk tree for + 4 heal pots, carrying 12 atm, really helps
and pick up ALL TEH HERBZORZ so you can upgrade the heal pots, more heal and AOE heal on use.
and get the Regen ones aswell, so win

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
using the regen and have upgraded to 3rd level but still missing some rares to complete the upgrades, need to go to more zones

pikeh

Resident Freddy
You running the latest beta driver? That's supposed to help a lot with AMD performance and especially Mantle in DA:I

Yeh it runs perfectly on DX11 so not all that bothered, just thought Mantle might run better, but it might be for less powerful GPU's/CPUs?

Mabs

im really struggling to find the rare mats for some upgrades :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm a ranged rogue on Hard atm. First time ever as a ranged char for me. I haven't yet had to actively take control of the entire party yet, other than the odd 'all attack my target' command. Ofc it has been crashing too much for me to really enjoy it atm :-(

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Sounds like the PC version is much worse than the console versions :(

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Hopefully the patch comes soon and alleviates peoples problems - mines running perfect though and its well good !

Nightmare is actually a tough challenge especially with respawning mobs.

Ranged rogue as well.

Zarjazz

I just found my first dragon that I could fight only for it to be 3 levels higher than my squad. Took a quick look around, this was my reaction ...

walk away.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
played for a couple hours with 0 crashes today. very odd, compared to yesterday 0_o

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I just found my first dragon that I could fight only for it to be 3 levels higher than my squad. Took a quick look around, this was my reaction ...

View attachment 21481
If its the one in NE corner of the first zone its doable at 12 but you will die learning how to kill him. Got him to 25% on second try then the 3rd round of baby dragons got too much and ran out of pots

Zarjazz

If its the one in NE corner of the first zone its doable at 12 but you will die learning how to kill him.

That's the one. When he one-shot me with a fireball from across half the map I thought "nope, I'm not ready for this" and left him well alone :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
He will initially fly around and fling a couple of fireballs, they can be avoided by going to the cave tunnel (towards the camp). Then he lands and you need to get close up and melee 2 Knights and a rogue is ideal with a mage for shields. Mage has to stay mobile to avoid fire breath. If he takes off again run to cave. On at least 3 occasions he will spawn lil dragons but they are easy to kill L8 if memory serves.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Is grinding a necessity? Or just on harder modes? Im a story whore couldnt reallly give 2 hoots about difficulty :p

Mabs

im not grinding, just hit lvl 13 . dont know how far along i am. got to S.... not killed any dragons any but have seen 2. - /edit 39 hours in

just found the Healing mist Grenade recipe = HELLO !

what party are people running or do you mix and match ?
2h warrior , cassandra tank, blackwall tank, Dorian dps

only go back with rogues later if i cba, Cole scares me, i cant be doing with the elf womans portrait, and i -hate- varric :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I quite often play as varric, he does great damage at distance. 2 S&S tanks and a mage for the shield in the more difficult scenarios. 1 S&S 1 Dagger Rogue, Mage and Varric/Bow DPS for standard easy stuff

Mabs

oh and what advanced spec are people using ?
warrior ones seem a bit poo, Reaver is suicidal, Champion is a bit meh, going to try Templar ;(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Templar seemed the only decent one for Warrior. Tuff choice between Rift and Necro on Mage but Necro appealed. Assassin for the Dagger Rogue

Zarjazz

what party are people running or do you mix and match ?
2h warrior , cassandra tank, blackwall tank, Dorian dps
only go back with rogues later if i cba

I just reached lvl 11 and have settled on a party format now. I've rolled a 2h W for myself and I tend to pick Cassandra as tank & 1 of the mages (I've respec'd them to each concentrate on different attack trees). I also use Sera, I understand the hate with he awful portrait picture, but I have her equipped with dual wielding unique daggers and sneak attacks and she's an absolute beast in battles now.

I completely agree about Varic, dislike him and never pick him so why does the game keep giving me special items & upgrades for just his character & crossbow?? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom