Dragon Age 3

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well, I expect the dragon to be hard as fuck. I mean, it would be somewhat daft if it wasn't, cos, you know, dragon and all that. iirc it had something like a million hitpoints, and was so big you could target individual bits of it to attack. I don't expect my char to ever be as 'ard that I could do a Skyrim and one-shot a dragon. I mean, judging from the scale I barely reach it's shins ffs.

TdC

bahs, today is one of them unplayable days. crashes every 5 mins or so :-/

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
bahs, today is one of them unplayable days. crashes every 5 mins or so :-/
Get a console. Don't crash on that lol. I given up on multiplayer now I is old so consoles are ok on the sofa cause my back hurts so much in a desk chair

Corran

Part of the furniture
cleared hinterlands and some undead swamp + most of the coast. Decided it was time to move on with the story and opted to go with the mages so I now got another mage available (still doing the mage mission when i shut down mind you).

Get the odd crash issue but not been too bad, mind you I got a fresh install of everything that may help as I needed to make space on the c: drive and decided to just unpartition it as added more drives recently. Main thing seems to be when I interact with one of the telescope skull things for the shards, seems the first one i do in each zone crashes the game.

Tomorrow I plan a little run to finish the mage mission before I go on to doing more exploring. Already looking forward to another play through and selecting to go with templars , be more interesting given I shall be a mage on my next run. Should mix it up a bit.

Game does feel huge though, can see it being a long term game unlike most I got lately. Especially as I may not get fm2015 this year and will need a replacement, especially for the xmas period at the inlaws. Be a 7-10day stay there as done want to ship the cat around every few days, so definately taking pc to play this :D

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I'm 40 hours in and I still haven't found the female mage. Though I have got the poncey male one who acts like he's come from a Village People fancy dress party. I've also not bashed a dragon either, not had the free time this week. It means I've been slacking on the hours to put into this.
You get Viv as you head to Val Royeaux and see a seeker / chantry clip

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I like Solas too he works well with my 2-h axe dwarf, he casts his vortex pulls all enemies into a pile and i just mash them, and the templar tree does mahosive damage on demons and mages.

Blackwall
Didnt see that one comming.

And the after the thing at haven when you walk thru the deep snow, made my eyes moist..

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
You get Viv as you head to Val Royeaux and see a seeker / chantry clip

Weird. I thought I'd done that already. I've been to Val Royeaux a few times, It's where the Chantry women got beaten up and I collected Sera.

I also still can't beat that damn dragon in Hinterlands, I get him down to 75% and he gets crazy with the flames. I think I'm doing him wrong.

Zarjazz

I also still can't beat that damn dragon in Hinterlands, I get him down to 75% and he gets crazy with the flames. I think I'm doing him wrong.

Naturally on my next attempt I steam rollered the bloody thing :) Typical.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Weird. I thought I'd done that already. I've been to Val Royeaux a few times, It's where the Chantry women got beaten up and I collected Sera.

hmmmm, might have been an operation i got there, but remember goin to Val Royeaux and got invitation to her party.

TdC

I *think* it kind of depends if you chat favourably with someone or other. I'm trying to get it on with Sera atm, she's a massive lezza and the game thinks my bristly chinned hunk of rogue is a girl, so why not :D

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I *think* it kind of depends if you chat favourably with someone or other. I'm trying to get it on with Sera atm, she's a massive lezza and the game thinks my bristly chinned hunk of rogue is a girl, so why not :D

my female inquisitor did rude things with blackwall :X

was a bit surprised by the gratuitous topless shot afterwards, im waiting for the BAN THIS SICK FILTH daily mail campaign

TdC

heh, I'd do that but since my char is a boy-rogue...meh

you getting all hot and bothered with Blackwall surprises me though. I'd have thought you more the Cullen type ;-)

TdC

meh, so it turns out that if I manage to stress the GPU enough, it will reset itself. this happens with both the most current driver and the previous one. this is, tbh, somewhat odd, because I can play my ENB'd up Skyrim, Crysis 2, Elite Dangerous, etc al with absolutely no issues at all, but by pure happenstance I ran Ungine Heaven to test out some OC on the mobo I'd done to see if I noticed it, and to my great surprise I saw the dreaded "GPU locked up and recovered" error. I feel sad for bitching about Nvidia and DA-I now and will RMA the card :(

TdC

ooh ooh ooh! soooo, after doing some reading on le interpipes, I downloaded a utility which gave me access to some of the voltage controls of the gfx card. I very slightly upped the volts in to the GPU core, and voila I could run Heaven without crashing! Feeling optimistic, I started up DA-I and cranked all the settings back up to ultra. Although I was very nervous, I got on with the game (I'm at the Temple of Pride btw, I just slaughtered an Arcane Horror...took me the best part of half an hour pff) and to my amazement I played for near two hours with no crash. So, fuck yeah, I guess :)

Also, just fyi my card is a factory OC'd Gigabyte GTX 780ti card, the "GHz Edition" one. What the intertubes basically say is that Gigabyte basically...um....forgot to bump up the maximum power draw of the card with this series, whereas they did do it with their absolute top range OC'd cards. Anywhoo, when the card is running balls to the wall so to speak, as a modern game will make it, it may starve itself of le volts and could crash. Mine apparently does that. I've only given it like the tiniest smidgen of more volts, like 0.025V tiny, but this was enough to eliminate the crashes.

I'm off to practice my sexface in the mirror for a bit and then I shall do le sleeps.

TdC

blah, unfortunately the card is not stable at all under the uber load that DA:I generates, so away it goes :(

Zarjazz

Looks like a new patch is going to be released today: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/532511-dragon-age-inquisition-patch-2/
  • Stability – Various crashes, freezes, audio/voice glitches, and many stability improvements.
  • Gameplay – Conversations, quests, plot states, combat, UI, camera, controls, follower/enemy AI and path finding, exploits, radar, and search.
  • Multiplayer – In addition to some of the gameplay improvements listed above, multiplayer fixes also cover areas such as animations, game mode bugs, stat reporting, and stability/crash fixes.
  • PC – Numerous control & UI fixes, fixes to some hitching, improved Mantle performance, graphical glitches.

TdC

yeah, uh, yeah. It's not only DA-I: I can make the card crash in Unigine Heaven too. RMA's been accepted, it goes away tomorrow.

TdC

wow, terribad stuff in some of those forum posts :(

Turamber

Part of the furniture
So ... who drank from the well of sorrows? Or did you let Morrigan, or did you destroy it?

My inquisitor drank from the pool, as it seemed the best bet to defeat Corpywotsit...

Mabs

So ... who drank from the well of sorrows? Or did you let Morrigan, or did you destroy it?

My inquisitor drank from the pool, as it seemed the best bet to defeat Corpywotsit...

see my previous post, i did myself, as a human warrior

SO MUCH WINNING :x

Zarjazz

Stop teasing me to back to the main plot line! :) I keep getting distracted by side quests. "Lets go visit this other location on the board that I found mentioned in a note left on a body in a field. I bet it's just a little bonus. 12 hours later .... "

Mabs

so , HUGE SPOILER
seriously, huge story spoiler RE the well ! :eek:
So! flemeth is the dragon in DA2 cos shes actually channelling the "god" in the well, what the actual fuck is going on :O

and did anyone get morrigan to drink from the well and if so what does her mother do ? ;f

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Played around with the multiplayer last night. Seemed fun, although I didn't like the option to get gear chests using real world currency. Tried to play this morning before week but found the servers very unstable and two instance runs failed due to a loss of connection.

Has anyone played enough to know if there's much variety in the missions?

Mabs

Played around with the multiplayer last night. Seemed fun, although I didn't like the option to get gear chests using real world currency. Tried to play this morning before week but found the servers very unstable and two instance runs failed due to a loss of connection.

Has anyone played enough to know if there's much variety in the missions?

its optional shortcut you can buy them with ingame cash higher difficulty gets more money

theres a few maps and varies sections, its meant to be an additional distraction not a full on multiplayer game ;)

Mabs

just finished it, 73 hour 5 mins, lvl 18

FUCKING MINT

ending was good aswell, depending on choices obviously

11/10 will play again

Mabs

quite annoying really, if DA2 wasnt a pile of wank id play the whole lot again

i did a marathon game of Mass Effect 1-2-3, was mint, but took aeons :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom