Disgusted Tbh..

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Not that anyone cares, im not the kind of person to keep a thid char, but fuck thid, im never bothering with it anymore and here is why and its something thats been covered many a time but deserves to be brought up again..

70% of u Melee'rs i meet are pathetic , not pathetic in an i kill u easy type way, oh no, but pathetic because you roll a melee class, THEN STRAFE IN A FUCKING CIRCLE... Happens on all my melee chars, i hate playing casters so i generally stick with tanks or hybrids, but im truly sick of fighting someone and missing every style cos of thier lame, "" I MUST WIN BY ANY SHITTY MEANS POISSIBLE TACTICS "" . For instance, my recent Armsman - Poleharm. For that morning or two i was on, only 1 person fought me properly, one person, a little Dwarf Valkyrie... The Skalds, the SB , the Champion, The Melee Ranger <least seemed to be he hit quite hard> and that other Hib melee class, every one of them moved around me in a circle like a twat so i couldnt do shit, i couldnt even land styles with my fast mace properly, /sticked i /faced, i walked backwards, not one of them tactics works. I dont mind casters doing this <Cept BD but they truly are a pathetic class anyway> but WHY THE HELL DO U ROLL A CLASS THAT CAN TAKE PEOPLE OUT IN MELEE BUT RESORT TO STRAFING LIKE A C**T ???? WHY ???.

So i have a soddin Grt pole, Even Buffed in Thid it takes as a half ogre, 4-5 hits , very SLOW hits to kill a melee class, not including times u block evade parry me etc but u still wont fight one on one. Its sad, Daoc playstyles have got so ridiculous over the years with the bug abusing/lag abusing/window dragging/los issue abusing its not even fun to play anymore. In fact ive just rolled a cleric to be my main as i cba to try to kill people anymore as 9 times out of ten im killed by either super high RR or some pathetic tactic or i win button. Well whine over, no one cares, u meleers that do it dont care. But perhaps maybe ull keep doing it more , yes go on do it more, do it so much people beginning to clock on to your name and i hope they multi gank u all day long cos of it.

Yes someone got pwned <And also a lot of deathblows but its rare> , but someone got pwned cos people cant fight with Honour :p

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
although this is a whinepost and its about thid and I havent been thid in ages, I have to agree with you. In regular RvR I meet straffers all the time aswell, and the funny thing is 99% of them dont even straffe well enough to give them an advantage, because they end up missing more than I do. I dont get why they do it tbh, it doesnt help them unless maybe they are trying to land a side style, but they insist on doing it and its very boring.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
but WHY THE HELL DO U ROLL A CLASS THAT CAN TAKE PEOPLE OUT IN MELEE BUT RESORT TO STRAFING LIKE A C**T ???? WHY ???.

coz these are the same peeps that radar, etc.etc..list goes on
but, they are also the same peeps that wen they play CS etc..will cheat, they will cheat in single player games..they reckon they rox..their call not mine (/cough lame! :p)

wat i do is..learn to strafe (only from being strafed! ..i dont strafe others unless they try me, then they earn a nice /rude wen i kill them)..and wen they see u strafing them in return, they might not do it the next time, worked for me a few times
or just roll an infil, temp him, ..u said u got buffs so wit a good temp, ur oped ! ^^ ...and wen ever sum1 is annoying u wit strafing, log ur infil..follow him and kill him ever chance u get !!! :twak:
tbh... REVENGE!! > QQ THREAD

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Heh , the thing is for me strafing is a bugger, i cant use the keyboard to use the qbars, it seems im the only person in daoc to use the mouse but i started like that on day 1 and cant change now. Unfourtunatly my strafe keys are

< and >

These i only use for moving in and out from keep wall structures, i wont resort to strafing in a fight , never. The only times ill ever use the strafe buttons is after a stun to do a side positional like on a reaver. I just cannot see the point. U know i even use the damn Anytime snare in pole and they cant strafe out or run through/into me to avoid being hit. I adore people like blokkie who i fight with that stand there mano-o-mano , and slug it out properly its cool to me. Stealthers i can understand strafing, much as it pisses me off , if they get hit especially Nightshades <im crush pole> they take ridiculous dmg, but i dont epect it from warriors and vamps and 2h skalds etc. Theres no need for it, and unfourtunatly the ones who do it seem to have perfected it. They know exactly when ull swing so they avoid it. Thing is, while it may be common sense its also just using an unfair advantage and call me old fashioned but i like proper duels. Even in real life, i would never resort to using a weapon or calling in a friend if i was fighting one person , i mean its totally cowardice. But i digress .

As i said though, its only disgust at the Hybrid/Tanks that this is aimed at, Boneys allready know how hated they r for strafing , the most op class ever if u ask me , even b4 strafing :p.

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
I use strafe on my BM in thid to get styles off, it is a part of the game as far as I can see. If i noticed you are playing as a poler then just crippling blow and run thru them should make them think hmm what is the point in strafeing >< . GLHF play ze game.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Staffzor said:
I use strafe on my BM in thid to get styles off, it is a part of the game as far as I can see. If i noticed you are playing as a poler then just crippling blow and run thru them should make them think hmm what is the point in strafeing >< . GLHF play ze game.
Cry more n00b grunt shaman imba wtfpwning purgebot!

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
tbh mate, i dont strafe, ofc if i PA a caster and it dont die i aint gonna stand there to be QC wateva CC they got, but i learnt how to combat strafe,
u can either walk backwards, which as a Polearm u actually do have range, it mite not seem it but u can hit them from a lil further than they can hit u, also it works to run forward, straight away from fight, turn they come to u and u plant them with a nice "Slow", either way mate, u cant expect a tank to come up against the most reinforced tank in the game and not try wateva he can to win, /facing and /stickin dont work and u just waste time and while u standin still doin it u are cannon fodder, and will get owned, tbh mate if u wanna win u have to make 2 adjustments, number one go Ybaurs spec, use the shield till u get the stun off then pull out the pole and :twak: u win :p

also change ur keys, i also use mouse, neva really got used to using the keys but tbh mate u need the strafe buttons beside u at all times esp as being a tank, i use the CS button default i guess, but replace turnright /left with strafe right/left

forward -W
back -S
strafe right -D
strafe left -A

well gif it a go mate cause, tbh the shit aint gonna change, albs will always add on erything in Over KIll numbers, hibs will always, run FG's and gank all, and mids will always own :p

but tbh mate dont QQ jsut try get better against the strafers, it annoys me also mate, (OMG THAT FOOKING BLUE SCOUT WITH THE MAGMA SHIELD U ARE THE BIGEST COWARD I EVER MET WITHOUT A DOUBT)

so mate just try and combat it, after all its agame, not an singleplayer were u allways win, a game were u have to better than ur opponent, use DT mate(not the merc ability ofc :p) and beat them at there own game, tbh mate if u really wanna take the class serious then role an inf, get it 24 and u will learn how to play a tank better because of it, jsut my opinion, played my thid BM a week ago and found i was alot better at playin him after teh SB, just a thought mate and ill see ya in thid.

Invy

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
You have to consider that many might be doing it for positionals, which is part of the game design and IMO makes it far more interesting. Yes there are some people who do it specifically to get 'target not in view' but they are a small minority especially in thid, at least when I last played a meeler there. Andd by using a combiation of different tactics some of which you listed, to will be able to combat it, if not completely still significantly.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Heh , the thing is for me strafing is a bugger, i cant use the keyboard to use the qbars, it seems im the only person in daoc to use the mouse but i started like that on day 1 and cant change now. Unfourtunatly my strafe keys are

< and >

I play with my mouse and have the straff keys as Z and X.

Saying that you might find it a conselation, a while back when my hybrid pally was in thid, i ran into an orange conned stealther, I stuck to him and he proceeded to try run through, trying to run in and out, the funny thing is every single time he tried he failed, was hilarious when he fell and i still had over 90% hp left.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Easy to stop people who are spiralling, especially tanks.
Take a few steps back and poof you got him, Support who are spiralling are near unkillable though and don't step back on them as that will give them free cast time ;) but it takes alot of time to get somewhere when you are spiralling away from a target so theres bound to be a caster near who can nuke the support char who is spiralling down, what also works great is an anytime stun like slam though thats not availlable in Thid yet.
And if you want to see loads of those spirallers try and log into Camlann as 95% of all support and casters do it there :)
And whatever you do never ever /stick a person who is doing it as it makes it so much easier to do if a person /sticks.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
i fail to see how strafing is cheating, and anyone with a brain can combat it anyway...step backwards mayhaps? i strafe often on my ranger to land the side stun, as it requires me to be at the side of my target to land it, i may also run through if a fight is going right and land the back snare, so i can escape,

its a part of the game live with it:)

I fail to understand your 'fight with honour' comment aswell, but ok what u want people to do stand still doing anytimes vs a polearm arms? I for sure wouldn't give them the pleasure

edit: like the above poster said don't stick a hib u think is specced CD and has side stun, so easy to land it with a bit of nifty footwork :)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
learn to counter it. dont whine so much just because u are a shit player.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Knighthood, stop being a "manhood"!

u whiny salivating bitch slag tossing whore :)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
I dont q_q cos im a shit player, although i am quite shit, ive never said here once i was good. And if u actually read it its not the strafing that pisses me off its the Tank classes strafing. And no, its not trying to get positionals off, i know when a Blademaster is trying to get to side to side stun me and when someone is moving round in a full circle to practicly avoid gettin hit

Poles do not have longer range then other melee weapons, thats bullshit im afraid, they SHULD by rights, but they dont , the only style in alb i know of with extended range is Asp the reaver back move. Walking backwards doesnt work... not on a slow wep user, it means i either swing unstyled when they move back into range or im too far to hit them. That aint a problem is ure a 1handed char, but for a 5.6 spd pole ?? .

But nm eh

Oh and Ging piss off :p , u whine about things as much as i do, although ill give u some credit cos of that hilarious time u pretended to be salty and admitted u were gay :D

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
i tend to solo alot with meh pierce luwi hero :>

if ur havin trouble with strafers just sit on a bridge and if they try strafin u just stand on the edge and /face

u wud think people would stop strafin but ive had a retard thats fell into the water because of this

what annoys me more is the "ill do anything to win tactic"

i.e 5 on 1 etc

omg a luri mash its fkin face in /y LURI ERE MATES CHARGE OMGAD

i dont mind 2 on 1 tho dont get me wrong but when u can see 2 people on 1 and a 3rd will join in ?! why run for miles just to get the last hit in tis annoying

and bd's that /bow me when they stand there with staff out only usin lt that was a laugh

anyway yea hi :cheers:

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
ridje said:
if ur havin trouble with strafers just sit on a bridge and if they try strafin u just stand on the edge and /face

u wud think people would stop strafin but ive had a retard thats fell into the water because of this
rofl :p

And yeah strafing for the sole purpose of being ''not in view'' suxx and unfortunately this accounts for 90% of the strafers i have met in thid.

There seems alot more about now than there used to be, but /face seems to work most of the time for me, followed by a /dismiss or /shrug if u kill em. :D

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
See Thugs .... he made a career outa run through and straffing.

But he decided it was skills.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Strafing and this whole lag / los shit is for idiots and it amazes me how many assholes defend it.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Most funny are the people strafing with classes such as vampiir. Might as well put up a sign saying, "LOL, LOOK AT ME I AM AN IDIOT!xD"

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
At last some people agree with me
:cheers:

ye i do, but look at it this way, unfortunatly its now part of the game...maybe in the future mythic could think of having attacking as 360 degress ? ...say if ur enemy is behind u ur char will do a backstab sort of move..but still be faced the other way...and this works for casters too...(assuming they are not interuptted ofc :p)...just another idea on top of the "to do list :twak:"

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Ok here is what you do....

1) q bind /face to a key that you can easily reach and near the style buttons you use.

2) When the attacker stqarts strafing start smashing /face and hit your style as usual.

There, problem solved.

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
(invisibletank) said:
ye i do, but look at it this way, unfortunatly its now part of the game...maybe in the future mythic could think of having attacking as 360 degress ? ...say if ur enemy is behind u ur char will do a backstab sort of move..but still be faced the other way...and this works for casters too...(assuming they are not interuptted ofc :p)...just another idea on top of the "to do list :twak:"
its like that in WoW and it works quite well tbh. If ur within a certain small radius of the char ur attacking u are guaranteed to be ''in view'' as it were. I dont know any specifics im afraid, but the downside of these mechanics do mean that positionals, such as backstab, can be parried for example.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Most funny are the people strafing with classes such as vampiir. Might as well put up a sign saying, "LOL, LOOK AT ME I AM AN IDIOT!xD"

Oi! Strafing helps to avoid FZ

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
For some reason I was under the impression this was not the BG forum, so nvm the above post :p

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Ashton said:
its like that in WoW and it works quite well tbh. If ur within a certain small radius of the char ur attacking u are guaranteed to be ''in view'' as it were. I dont know any specifics im afraid, but the downside of these mechanics do mean that positionals, such as backstab, can be parried for example.

lol, wens the last time ur PA got parried/blocked ?? :eek7:
i doubt it would make that much of a difference tbh for stealthed moves, or normal moves...if every1 is the same, wats the QQ about ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom