Die savage scum.

M

Mavl

Savage

- Savage buffs have been halved in duration, and had their health cost halved.

- The Savage "Irreverent Gesture" line has been changed from a shout to a 2 second cast time.

- Savage buffs now subtract a percent of your maximum health, not your estimated health. Since estimated health was lower, this is an increase from what it used to be.

- We've toned down the damage that Savages do while wielding any weapon other than a Hand to Hand weapon (to be equivalent to Hand to Hand weapons).

B

bult

- We have changed the few Midgard items in the game that were slower than 5.5 seconds to restrict them from Savage use. Savages who already own one of these weapons at the time of this patch will not be affected by this change. However, any weapon that has a delay slower than 5.5 seconds has been replaced in all future drops in the game with an identical version that will not allow savages to equip the new item. Please note that this restriction from Savages will not show up in delve at this time.

wierd tho, mythic seems to think 2H savages are more overpowered then h2h ones :x

Q

Qte Eth

just want to avoid ubah zero qui troll frontload screens whine

H

hotrat

I always get 2h savages mixed up with 2h skalds, h2h savages are where the problem is !

Slow(ish) heavy damage is easily healed, fast random amounts of damage is hard to heal, 2 singles in a row easily healed, then suddenly 2 quads in a row and dead caster.

O

old.Atrox

h2h quad hitrate is "fixed" on US, so h2h might not be as uber over there as it is on EU atm.

not tried it or read anything about it thou.

S

shanks

Heh, the thing that cracks me up is the 2sec cast on taunt shout, other then that reasonable nerfs. :)

C

Cush

2 sec cast time on taunt=they might aswell just remove it

O

old.Atrox

you can fight while casting the Taunt, but not move.
Taunt were added so that Savages would get something to pull with, Agro handleing should be managed with Taunt Styles etc.

So it's an "ok" fix, thou they should change Paladin and Friar Taunt aswell.

I

Ithurts

Cool fix but im more worried about the theu pets tbh...
1 pet will put a healer out of buisness for 60 sec which is ALOT...

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by old.Atrox
you can fight while casting the Taunt, but not move.
Taunt were added so that Savages would get something to pull with, Agro handleing should be managed with Taunt Styles etc.

So it's an "ok" fix, thou they should change Paladin and Friar Taunt aswell.

Taunt on the pally and friar isn't such a deal because they don't get determination, is my guess. But casters die so fast vs multiple-savage groups, having all those insta-interrupts as well wasn't needed. And I guess they weren't able to make it so that the instataunt didn't interrupt...

A

Ardrias_Mid

Nerf Mid, for it is of overpoweredness.

S

stunned

Great now sit back and await midsummer -04.

W

warlock_es

Originally posted by Ithurts
Cool fix but im more worried about the theu pets tbh...
1 pet will put a healer out of buisness for 60 sec which is ALOT...

They reduced HPs of theurg's pets.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Yeh, you only ever see a Theurg sending out one pet... ;)

C

Cush

Theurgs can be a real pain in teh ass when the ppl playing them know what to do.

C

case-rigantis

Originally posted by Cush
Theurgs can be a real pain in teh ass when the ppl playing them know what to do.

no they get called invincible cheaters and reported to GOA :m00:

A

Ardrias_Mid

Much like... all Mid classes that manage to kill anything \\o

D

Damon_D

the big diff Ardrias is that the mid's get's nerfed , the others get a pad on the head

I

ilum

Well, this change shouldnt shock anyone at all.

Of course savages were getting a nerf.

Let's hope its enough to balance them.

N

Nonnier

savages needed a nerf, only a complete dumb arse would disagree.

but mythric don't even bother to do serious fixes on the classes that need it in mid (skalds,thanes and warriors)

S

Scribe

Savages will still be far, far more effective than any other light tank out there after these changes go in.

I'm actually suprised so many people are heralding this as the death of the savage; shows how little you know about the class. Sure, the penalty for using the buffs is bigger now, but so what? The reduced buff-duration is meaningless, the taunt change is meaningless.. what else is there? 2h damage? Who really cares about the clueless one-button players out there anyway? Hell, most of them will just respec to HTH when the patch rolls around.

Whatever, I'm rambling, so I'll make one thing clear.

280+150+150+150.

Say it with me now.

280+150+150+150.

Now read that one more time, and tell me; who cares how much health I'm going to lose in 15 seconds, when me and 3 other assisters are doing that much damage to your cleric every 1.5 seconds?

Whatever. This patch means nothing, and you screenshot-taking, endlessly whining, vitriol-spewing retards will probably realise that when the bemoaning of the savage community finally dies down.

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by Nonnier
savages needed a nerf, only a complete dumb arse would disagree.

but mythric don't even bother to do serious fixes on the classes that need it in mid (skalds,thanes and warriors)

Skald - new lvl 50 DDs and reduced recast timer. Improved hitpoints.

Thanes - improved str/con buff and recast time on aoe decreased

I take it you don't consider those serious enough?

J

Jeron

Originally posted by uma_thurman

Skalds fix... well, will have to wait and see...

But the Thanes fix is a joke :rolleyes:

T

TeniForTehWin

Reduced power cost on all thane DD's is a serious change IMO, they dont go OOP after 4 DD's/AoEDD's.

N

Nonnier

the dmg is still crap though

increase the dmg aswell

N

Nonnier

Originally posted by uma_thurman

skald, ok but not fantasic

won't even mention thane changes

AoE! oh wow look i can hit for 42 dmg slightly faster and for longer!!!

str/con buff, might as well get a shaman one, low power usage, but as i said before is a small change, but no where near enough that is required.

these "fixes" won't make me play my thane.

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by Nonnier
the dmg is still crap though

increase the dmg aswell

Remember they are NOT casters - they can melee.

If you want caster damage roll a caster - thanes are casting fighters.

Users who are viewing this thread