L

Lanceloc

Can someone enlighten me please?

It doesnt seem possible 1fg vs 1fg

M

mid.Divine

Vengeance beat em...

PE Beat em...

BoF+SoS combo is a kinda win/win situation as well...

if u can't win with BoF and SoS ... there's another reason for losing. Else than just blaming savages for it(but yes savages are overpowered, but FAR from unbeatable)

and hey... savages get nerfed to oblivion soon... you on the other hand get to keep BoF and SoS \o/

A

Aule Valar

savage/healer grps wouldn't be too bad
now healer/shammy/warrior/skald/savage, thats tricky ^^

L

Lanceloc

what about with an albion group tho?

4 mercs, 1 pally, 2 clerics and a sorc ?

P

poi

well 28 albs cound not kill us like 5 min ago( near DCx), and we had just killed 2 fg hibs before ..I think its ASD that need a nerf:)

G

Groborthir

Originally posted by mid.Divine
watch a few vengeance movies ?... they do/did it

Yeah, we've do it at a rate of win 1, lose 5 or so, because we usually run in caster groups.

And we all know how caster groups do against insta-killing savage assist trains and 3 ASD spamming/lul spamming healers. :)

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Lanceloc

Should win 90% of fights vs savage groups that....

Det 4+ on 3-4 tanks

Pf on all= you win.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Should win 90% of fights vs savage groups that....

u aint got relics anymore, remember? ;ddd

O

old.mattshanes

I came out to rvr this week dumb ass and last week:p

Still win without relics remi xD

It's harder though, most fights vs savage group is like 50/50

RA's make the fight decide who wins.

A

amazingsteve

how to beat fotm savage groups? bring 2fg.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by poi
well 28 albs cound not kill us like 5 min ago( near DCx), and we had just killed 2 fg hibs before ..I think its ASD that need a nerf:)

it certainly aint your skill that needs nerfing

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by froler-mid
ye, just zerg, its easier i guess ;d

My druid got killed by a savage/skald/savage team in the time it takes to cast 1 spreadheal on my druid (300 dex, MOTA1 while I popped MOC. Delve of spreadheal is 3.5 second, lets say I cast it in 2.5 second (I am sure its faster but who cares).

So those 3 dudes managed to chunk off 1951 hp on my druid in 2.5 seconds.

That is on a druid with highest AF available to Hibernia and highest absorb. If my druid dies in under 2.5 seconds then just about anything dies in under 5 seconds (incl. hero's who press moose). That's not fun anymore if you see that happen X times a day. It has NOTHING to do with skill/better gameplay with Mids, its just plain out of balance.

I mean, Remi, I fought you quite a few times and your MA (you?) managed to select blademaster first then hero and then bard and still you win. So you play bad and you still win.

I cannot think of a better reason why savages in particular need a nerf. Fix healers ASD, increase timer on insta-PB disease on shamans and you got some balance. Then look at RA's and get a balance in that too (Grouppurge, BAOD, SOS, BOF, PR) and RvR might actually be enjoyable to all 3 realms.

On Prydwen atm RvR is total crap. Some stubborn Hibs, some stubborn Albs and 12 FOTM Mid-groups walking around chatting in /c about their new monsterhits and reporting the location of the stubborn enemies so all 80 Mids can get some RP for the next hour.

Yes this is a whine, but it comes damn close to the truth atm on Prydwen RvR.

O

old.mattshanes

Not hard to spam wild call and f8 xD

Might actually use positionals some of them in 1.65 eh remi?xD

Puppet i have had a sorc in my group die 1 hit to a savage this week with 1400hp, never seen anything like that before, not since 1.36 anyway.

M

Mid_Blejsarus

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
My druid got killed by a savage/skald/savage team in the time it takes to cast 1 spreadheal on my druid (300 dex, MOTA1 while I popped MOC. Delve of spreadheal is 3.5 second, lets say I cast it in 2.5 second (I am sure its faster but who cares).

So those 3 dudes managed to chunk off 1951 hp on my druid in 2.5 seconds.

That is on a druid with highest AF available to Hibernia and highest absorb. If my druid dies in under 2.5 seconds then just about anything dies in under 5 seconds (incl. hero's who press moose). That's not fun anymore if you see that happen X times a day. It has NOTHING to do with skill/better gameplay with Mids, its just plain out of balance.

I mean, Remi, I fought you quite a few times and your MA (you?) managed to select blademaster first then hero and then bard and still you win. So you play bad and you still win.

I cannot think of a better reason why savages in particular need a nerf. Fix healers ASD, increase timer on insta-PB disease on shamans and you got some balance. Then look at RA's and get a balance in that too (Grouppurge, BAOD, SOS, BOF, PR) and RvR might actually be enjoyable to all 3 realms.

On Prydwen atm RvR is total crap. Some stubborn Hibs, some stubborn Albs and 12 FOTM Mid-groups walking around chatting in /c about their new monsterhits and reporting the location of the stubborn enemies so all 80 Mids can get some RP for the next hour.

Yes this is a whine, but it comes damn close to the truth atm on Prydwen RvR.

fyi, sometimes its best to go for tanks first.
If 2 bards in group i never go for bard first.
All depends how the fight is going etc.

D

Dorin

Originally posted by Mid_Blejsarus

fyi against hib tank grps it doesnt matter who are the savages going for most of the time (backed up with some sweet asd spamzor), it only decides one thing: a bit slower or faster wtfpwning :)

L

Litmus

no mincer?, useful just have mincer in group for speed+Sos alone

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by Mid_Blejsarus
Mids can take out Hib tanks, it's a lot harder to do it the other way round Blej. Noticed that a couple of Healers seem to be restraining from ASD spam recently, nice to see although must be tough to restrain oneself (if I played a Healer I can't say I wouldn't use it).

Can a Mid Savage group be killed by Hibs? Yes is the answer, but it's not easy and all other things being equal (Realm Rank, Skill of players etc.) I'd say it's definatly not a 50 / 50 chance in this patch.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Not hard to spam wild call and f8 xD

Might actually use positionals some of them in 1.65 eh remi?xD

u actually belive i spam anytime? - think i use at least as many styles as a slash/thrust merc.... ;F

Originally posted by Puppetmistress

we go for annoying tanks first yus. desease+MA train+interupt on druids =tehwin.

get a good guarder and u live alot longer :cool:

seen a few group doing the same (going for mid tanks...) , worked great (for them hibs ;d)..... PF being the key here.

L

Lanceloc

Well its now my conclusion that in order to beat a fotm savage/healer/skald/shaman group us albs will have to zerg.

Is that ok with you fotm mids?

Promise not to whine if we do?

Ofc u can always simple bring 2 fotm s/h/s/s groups and beat an entire 8fg alb zerg.

Thing is, can I live with losing 8/10 battles for the rest of my time on DAOC? I'll have to consider that one.

I'm gonna go investigate exactly what kind of a nerf savages get next patch and I hope its something like damage halved. That would be much easier to live with and fairer, dont u agree?

L

Lanceloc

Originally posted by klavrynd
bof-sos-assist

I dont think its a good idea to assist against a 3 healer group unless u have 6 tanks in group so thats 2 on each. But then doesnt leave much room for support classes.

O

old.mattshanes

Froler i use 5 styles and i was annoying you xD

/point
/point
/point

:D

L

Lanceloc

A mega high defensive shield paladin, fully buffed guarding a cleric might help yeah Froler :)
Will have to try that out.

O

old.mattshanes

A mega high defensive shield paladin, fully buffed guarding a cleric might help yeah Froler :)
Will have to try that out.

50 shield pala guarding a cleric really does help, well any kind of support really.

T

Turamber

Originally posted by mid.Divine
savages get nerfed to oblivion soon... you on the other hand get to keep BoF and SoS \o/

Well I play in the US and I would say savages haven't been nerfed into 'oblivion', of course it might happen but at the moment they're still viable. Berserkers are a joke though so Midgard did need a decent light tank.

As for how you kill the healer/savage combo - do what the Albs on Merlin do -- zerg, zerg, zerg!! It seems to work quite well.

EDIT: imho Mythic should remove the /assist function, not to mention beef up casters to give them a job in RvR. Both of those would make for a better RvR experience and less fotm gank groups.

A

Aule Valar

I dont think its a good idea to assist against a 3 healer group

this only makes it easier :)

S

Shike

attachment.php

attachment.php

etc etc etc, debuffs pwn savages badly tbh as with any tank I would guess.

Z

zapzap

1 thing people forget here is the BBs used.
Mid RvR guild all buffed like mad killing seers still leaves rest with buffs. Seems every 4th mids has a BB, dont think hibs have this and doubt albs other the PE had.
Reason being mids cant buff a fg with 1 shammy aslong END count as a buff and space for 2 shammies just not gonna happend still mend line gets better or dot can stack.

So u kill mids seers and tanks still hit the same as b4 where as druid dies u see buffs drops.

Zapsi

Users who are viewing this thread