Can you beat the breath tester ?

noblok

Part of the furniture
Then I should add "I don't think it should be illegal at least". I think that law is silly. Why should it be illegal to insult someone and why is it legal when you're inside a dwelling? I find this ridiculous.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
Then I should add "I don't think it should be illegal at least". I think that law is silly. Why should it be illegal to insult someone and why is it legal when you're inside a dwelling? I find this ridiculous.

I fail to see your method of thinking...

It should be legal to insult someone?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:

So what when someone commits suicide because of verbal abuse?

Did you read about the yobs that gave verbal abuse to that man? When he came out to confront them, they stabbed him.

What about kids that commit suicide due to intense bullying?

noblok

Part of the furniture
Bugz said:
So what when someone commits suicide because of verbal abuse?
He/she should grow a spine.

Did you read about the yobs that gave verbal abuse to that man? When he came out to confront them, they stabbed him.
This is irrelevant. It isn't the insulting which harmed him.

What about kids that commit suicide due to intense bullying?
They should grow a spine too. That being said, there's a difference between bullying and being generally abusive. Bullying is mentally terrorising someone. It is more deliberate, systematical, aimed at someone specifically. As a reult, it's easier to avoid the abusive person than it is to avoid someone bullying you.

In both of the suicide arguments the same reasoning of my first post is applicable. The suicide isn't an inevitable consequence from the abuse. Suicide is a choice. The person who insulted them did not kill them, they killed themselves.

Gog

One of Freddy's beloved
The Book of Useless Information - ISBN 1-903402-79-4 said:
One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today is because cotton growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers - they saw it as competition. It is not chemically addicative as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.
Not exactly the most scientific of sources, but it gave me cause to think as to the circumstances of cannabis being declared illegal in the majority of countries in the western world.
Personally I don't have a problem with people smoking (or infusing) it, as my own experiences have shown me that it causes little, if any harm. This isn't to say that it will have the same effect on all people, but personally I think alcohol is more harmful than the odd joint. I agree with Bill Hicks :)

As to the morals of doing something illegal, well I never could put my hand on my heart and say I've abided by the law all my life. The majority of infractions have been pretty harmless though, such as going over 70mph on the motorway at 3 in the morning with not a soul in sight (sober I should add). If laws were never broken we'd still be in the dark ages paying tithes to the local baron.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Cannabis is bad, not because its illega but because it has chances to be dangerous to surrounding people.

If it becomes addictive, people may consider stealing/mugging to pay for more.

In this case, they will be harming others.

If it causes aggressiveness for a small minority, that small minority have the ability to hurt others.

Tobacco is worse for the body I agree but I don't give a rats arse about someones body. I care about people in the extent of their actions. You can't complain about passive smoking as laws are being enforced to ban it in public places.

Alcohol, its a touchy subject. They have measures to stop it, such as an age limit, drunk and disorderly arrests etc. If I could turn it into a 'drink so and so' and your fine but drink 'more than so and so' and get arrested I would.

That doesn't deter from the fact that cannabis has the opportunity to be potentially dangerous to the public. I don't give a shit about the cannabis taker. Cannabis is illegal, because of problems with selling it to public (its easy to get hold of) and because of youngster-abuse and general abuse.

I know this because my dads a Policeman and I live in a town where a good 20% of the youths smoke drugs (esp. cannabis).

Your assuming that I don't know nothing, which isn't true, since I live in a rough area. You then try to use this against me as for a reason to support cannabis? Come on, you can do better.

Man ur a pussy! I would luv to see ur face at uni after u get in from the club with ya m8s and they crack out a joint. FFS live a little would ya and stop bein such a sissy!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
He/she should grow a spine.

This is irrelevant. It isn't the insulting which harmed him.

They should grow a spine too. That being said, there's a difference between bullying and being generally abusive. Bullying is mentally terrorising someone. It is more deliberate, systematical, aimed at someone specifically. As a reult, it's easier to avoid the abusive person than it is to avoid someone bullying you.

In both of the suicide arguments the same reasoning of my first post is applicable. The suicide isn't an inevitable consequence from the abuse. Suicide is a choice. The person who insulted them did not kill them, they killed themselves.

It's weird. I normally agree with everything you post with but on this, I disagree 500%.

Grow a spine?

Basically, your saying insulting should be legal because people should be able to take it?

On that basis, rape is legal, because you should be able to take it?

Honestly, that is sooooo fucked up if you ask me. Demoralising someone else, through physical or mental abuse should be illegal.

@Adlatus - Thanks for your contribution.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bugz said:
Thank you for your contribution.

Oh come on, take a joke :eek:

I contributed my opinions on this thread allready and you taking a pea up your nose just 'cause i tried to lighten the mood a little with a friendly joke is just juvinile.

Especially since you should know me by now.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Oh come on, take a joke :eek:

I contributed my opinions on this thread allready and you taking a pea up your nose just 'cause i tried to lighten the mood a little with a friendly joke is just juvinile.

Especially since you should know me by now.

Well, I don't see how I am digging a hole and how you can even come to that, even in a jokingly way.

I mean, waddafak, I hope I ain't the only one who doesn't think it should be legal to hand out insults.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bugz said:
Well, I don't see how I am digging a hole and how you can even come to that, even in a jokingly way.

I mean, waddafak, I hope I ain't the only one who doesn't think it should be legal to hand out insults.

Well, comparing anything to rape is always a hole digger.

More meant as a joke since everyone was agianst you.

I don't think it should be legal to hand out insults, but i don't think you should be put to jail for it either.

It's not a case of making something legal, but more about should it be illegal.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Amildin said:
You live in a world wrapped in cotton wool :m00:

Thank you for your contribution.

PM me if your interested in 'How to Read: Volume 1'

noblok

Part of the furniture
Bugz said:
Basically, your saying insulting should be legal because people should be able to take it?

On that basis, rape is legal, because you should be able to take it?

Honestly, that is sooooo fucked up if you ask me. Demoralising someone else, through physical or mental abuse should be illegal.
I believe that they shouldn't take things so serious. You can't please everyone, some people will dislike you and insult you. Get over it. I may have worded it strong, but that's how I feel.

Rape is a different thing. Rape goes against the symbolic value of sex. Sex in the symbolic context is a bonding between two people who love each other (although it seems to be shifting towards two people who consent to having sex [prostitution, one-night stands]). Rape completely neglects and violates this symbolic context and that's why it's considered wrong.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/drugsearch/ds_results.asp?file=%5Cwip%5C11%5C1%5C1%5Ccannabis.html

About 1/2 way down the page is the reason why Cannabis was banned in the UK..

Now ... Alcohol and Tobacco kill more people every year, have knock on effects - violent crime due to being drunk etc (any city at 2am on a Saturday) and second hand smoke... yet these are taxable and keep the population down a fraction as well.....think about it.

Cannabis can be grown at home and therefore difficult to tax (yes wine n beer can be made at home but for the most part taste poor compared to the Pub/Off License versions - and dont go telling me how great ya grandads homebrew was otherwise he would have a fooking brewery and be coining it in wouldnt he)

Now....discuss the reasons for the validity of why Cannabis was banned and maybe we might just have a more adult converstation than "Drugs are bad mmmkay".

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
LOL @ Evzy's sig re this thread :p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
I believe that they shouldn't take things so serious. You can't please everyone, some people will dislike you and insult you. Get over it. I may have worded it strong, but that's how I feel.

Well, I guess that comes down to personal opinion really. There's a couple of members on this forum I dislike yet I rarely, if ever, feel the need to use verbal insults.

No-one has resorted to it in this thread yet.

/Clap for us all.

Cyrsur

Loyal Freddie
Marc said:
no fucking shit sherlock. Raven was saying that cannabis is ok, all other drugs arent. I was pointing out this isnt the case. Shit for brains

Sorry but what is more damaging to your body: cannabis or alcohol? cannabis or fags? Besides most people smoke it not because of its healthy for them (which i doubt it is) but because they enjoy taking it and on that basis its hypocritical to ban it and legalise alcohol.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
All i can say about this drugs debate is rubbish

Look at me for example you name it, i've done it E, Ket, coke, Acid, shrooms etc etc

As have all my mates, there is nothing wrong with us, i am working in IT as well as club promoting, money is pretty good cant complain

I'm not mentally retarded i'm not sitting here with sweaty palms choking for my next hit or line.

I am honestly bored of these discussions with ppl who have never tried any form of drug but think by quoting government websites that entitles them to an opinion on how my recreational use ruins life for everyone else. I have never robbed anyone, never lost um.. one fucking job, laughed my ass off and went about my day (the man is a legend)

ok so ppl who have no personal basis for an arguement are entitled to the opinion but please shut up and stop pestering me about it cause quite frankly i have probably done so much with my life, things that came from making friends while off my face than others will ever do

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Bugz, have you or any of your mates ever smoked cannabis before?.

To me it's a personal choice, a lot of my mates are quite frequent stoners, but i don't judge them for it by any means. Hell i'm quite partial to the odd joint now and then.

What's your view on steroids out of interest too?. They're classed as a class C drug in England but are not illegal for personal use.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
tris- said:
sparx sounds like an addict

Only coffee my friend. But thats legal so thats all good, and you can do it at work. You cant even masturbate at work

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
considering the higly absurd idea that insults should be illegal, its easy to guess his reaction imo.

Sparx said:
Only coffee my friend. But thats legal so thats all good, and you can do it at work. You cant even masturbate at work

oh you can matey, you can ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
the big man in the nice blue uniform told him that all drugs are bad, mummy told him that only those drug fiends who have been injecting spliffs will come and hurt him.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
tris- said:
oh you can matey, you can ;)

Well yeah i suppose, but you cant sit at your desk and do it

Raven said:
the big man in the nice blue uniform told him that all drugs are bad, mummy told him that only those drug fiends who have been injecting spliffs will come and hurt him.

No need to have a go cause he is young

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom