Can you beat the breath tester ?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
pip said:
Stop talking crap raven drugs are bad for you:twak:

and do you believe that is the only reason its illegal? pretty shit reason. everything is bad for you yet you can still goto the shops and buy a bottle of vodka.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
you cant say drugs are bad except cannabis

Cannabis is one of the worst "triggers" of mental diseases. I know of a few people who have gone loopy from smoking it and ended up being sectioned.

Anyway, good luck getting cannabis in the north of england at the moment lol
True, a guy I know smoked it once and went schizophrenic from it, he had some shitty genes or something though.. But you never know if you've got them :)

Cyrsur

Loyal Freddie
Raven said:
either you quoted the wrong person or you just didnt even read the thread.

Nah I fully agreed with everything you said but you were wrong on one point so i thought i would point it out.

Marc said:
Cannabis is one of the worst "triggers" of mental diseases. I know of a few people who have gone loopy from smoking it and ended up being sectioned.

Wow you mean someone who took a lot of one substance got negative effects from it? That rule pretty much applys to every substance. You take too much alcohol you have no more liver or you take too much food you can't get out of bed because you're so fat.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Cyrsur said:
Nah I fully agreed with everything you said but you were wrong on one point so i thought i would point it out.
I was quoting the BBC news site :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well well well...the favorite topic of the forums...drugs and how they effect your life..

Anyways, said it all before but here goes:

I don't care if you use it or not, just don't stick it in my face.

Don't use it myself, might be fun, but it's illegal. I don't do illegal.

Just like with any drug, i researched this;

Cannabis MAY cause symptoms like minutes turning to hours, dizzynes, ill feeling, heart overactivity etc.

Cannabis MAY become higly addictive and withdrawal symptoms are a possibility, mostly psychological though. Some cases have reported of milder physiological symptoms in withdrawl.

All these are personal though. Not all GET symptoms, but still it's a possibility for all.

Cannabis IS illegal though, but the medical purposes are not. Recreational use is illegal.

What's stopping from braking this law and that after one "tiny" law braking?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
old.Tohtori said:
What's stopping from braking this law and that after one "tiny" law braking?
moral values.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh I have smoked herb for a long long time, I would rather they banned alcohol and tobacco tbh - would save the state a fucking lot more than dealing with people who smoke herb alone.. I know an awful lot of people who smoke herb and they are in good jobs, stable family enviroments etc and are not the dregs of society that I see sitting around on street corners drinking beer or fighting in the high street at kicking out time. I understand the argument againt cannabis however I could preach all day on the evils of alcohol and its not an agrument you would win.. unless I was too stoned to give a fuck what you think.

Besides cannabis doesnt do anything to you like make you violent - and anyone who disagrees I will kick the shit out of ;)

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have no idea if its true as i dont drink at all when im driving but i have heard if you swig a acket of mustard round your mouth and swallow it it can fool the roadside test, but i have no idea how true or false it is.

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
soze said:
I have no idea if its true as i dont drink at all when im driving but i have heard if you swig a acket of mustard round your mouth and swallow it it can fool the roadside test, but i have no idea how true or false it is.

Mate,if you did that it would be physically impossible to blow into the tube:D.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
dont they do a blood test at the station anyway rather than another breath test?

soze

I am a FH squatter
DocWolfe said:
dont they do a blood test at the station anyway rather than another breath test?

Only if you are physically unable to do the breath test

Laddey

FH is my second home
soze said:
Only if you are physically unable to do the breath test

soze said it!

You can fool the sniffer dogs if your house gets raided by putting loads of pepper on the doormat, thats true aswell.

Sorry for hijacking

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Raven said:
moral values.

Well, i'm one with little if any moral values, but i still don't go around braking the law.

So i don't think that's the only reason people don't brake the law.

Gamah

Banned
Bugz clearly hasn't tried any form of drug and has tapped in to the media bullshit big time. Do you think you'll never see drug use at uni little one?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Bugz clearly hasn't tried any form of drug and has tapped in to the media bullshit big time. Do you think you'll never see drug use at uni little one?

Gamah clearly hasn't read the thread at all and skipped reading leasons at school big time. Do you ever think you'll learn how to read ignorant one?

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
yet another argument over whether or not cannabis is addictive. it has addictive potential. All drugs do, and so does sugar! some people are more prone to becoming addicted to chemicals and behaviours than others. However, there is practically irefutable evidence that smoking cannabis is more carcinogenic than cigarettes. I haven't got the notes right here (because I've filed everything away now :D) but one spliff does the equivelant damage of 10 cigarettes (or a figure closer to that).

Bugz, you haven't had an education into the neurochemical actions of drugs yet and cant decide something is addictive or bad because you think it is. A lot of my preconceptions about drugs were "blown out of the water" last year, when I covered drug actions and addiction in 3 different modules. Cannabis doesn't enter the body transdermally like nicotine, and I've never met someone that smokes cannabis thats beaten up an old lady to get "a fix". Those people are on much worse stuff. Some people blame the fact that they moved from cannabis to another drug on the "gateway drug" but I strongly doubt that it is even a fair term for cannabis.
Also, I'm not denying that cannabis can induce psychosis (or "cannabis schizophrenia"). It messes with the dopaminergic pathways and to me thats reason enough to stay away from it.

Bugz said:
Someone using cannabis has the ability to be a hazard to not only himself but others around him.

Everyone has that ability.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
old.Tohtori said:
Well, i'm one with little if any moral values, but i still don't go around braking the law.

So i don't think that's the only reason people don't brake the law.
some laws are just pointless, or years out of date, if they made it illegal to cross the street without being at a pedestrian crossing would you stick to it? I couldnt really care less if its illegal or not, most policeman couldnt care less either. its a waste of police time and effort to do anything about it. Why would anyone have a problem with people having a smoke in the confort of their own home? not hurting anyone.

as they say, the law is an ass

Anyway bugs, you have a lot to learn in life when/if you go to uni i think with your current set of ideas about the world you will be in for a huge shock. It must be nice to be so blind to the real world :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Cyrsur said:
Wow you mean someone who took a lot of one substance got negative effects from it? That rule pretty much applys to every substance. You take too much alcohol you have no more liver or you take too much food you can't get out of bed because you're so fat.

no fucking shit sherlock. Raven was saying that cannabis is ok, all other drugs arent. I was pointing out this isnt the case. Shit for brains

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
some laws are just pointless, or years out of date, if they made it illegal to cross the street without being at a pedestrian crossing would you stick to it? I couldnt really care less if its illegal or not, most policeman couldnt care less either. its a waste of police time and effort to do anything about it. Why would anyone have a problem with people having a smoke in the confort of their own home? not hurting anyone.

as they say, the law is an ass

Anyway bugs, you have a lot to learn in life when/if you go to uni i think with your current set of ideas about the world you will be in for a huge shock. It must be nice to be so blind to the real world :)

1) It's Bugz.
2) You've said that before and got pwned.
3) Blind? Why am I blind lol?

.../sigh

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
we know pretty much most things we consume are not good for us. but they have their perks like cakes taste good and vodka makes you pissed.

cannabis makes you stoned, and relieves pain, and opens the air ways and relieves stress. but some people happen to get fucked over from it.

i dont see the difference to comparing it with alcohol.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Raven said:

It IS illegal to cross the street if there's a pedestrian crossing nearby.

Would be a dumbass if they didn't use one also.

Saying crossing EVERYWHERE would be banned is an extremist exampel and we shouldn't go there.

I don't mind people smoking weed personally, as said, but dealers push that crap on kids the age of 12 or worse. And that i do mind about.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S Thompson \o>

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
old.Tohtori said:
It IS illegal to cross the street if there's a pedestrian crossing nearby.
Oh ok, well it isnt here :)

Marc

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
Actually i think it might be, but people don't know about it and the police hardly ever force it :D

no it isnt. Dont be so absurd

tamtap

Banned
only tip i got told down the pub and its prolly 100% bullshit:

scrape all the mung off your tongue before doing the machine.

I know after drinking a bottle of merlot my tongue has a persian rug coating.

Tam

noblok

Part of the furniture
The addiction as such doesn't harm anyone but the user. It's picking up illegal activities to fund it which harms society. This, however, is a choice which, while it may be influenced by it, isn't forced by the use of cannabis.

Another matter is the aggressive behaviour when the supply stops. This is harming people except for the user too. One could consider this as a sufficient reason not to allow people to use cannabis, as the 'becoming aggressive' isn't a choice in the way the stealing is. You are chemically forced to become more aggressive, so to speak.

There is another argument which could be used against above point though. 'Being more aggressive' doesn't necessarily imply doing anything which is illegal. Shouting and yelling are aggressive behaviour, but it isn't illegal and thus shouldn't be considered enough of a reason to prohibit something. More to the point: while 'becoming aggressive' isn't a choice, the way in which this manifests itself is.

I guess all of my post boils down to this: I believe that the choices which should be punished are the ones which harm other persons or those whose inevitable conseqences do. The choice to use cannabis doesn't harm anyone, nor do any of the inevitable consequences (addiction, becoming aggressive when quitting).

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
There is another argument which could be used against above point though. 'Being more aggressive' doesn't necessarily imply doing anything which is illegal. Shouting and yelling are aggressive behaviour, but it isn't illegal and thus shouldn't be considered enough of a reason to prohibit something. More to the point: while 'becoming aggressive' isn't a choice, the way in which this manifests itself is.

I'm sure there's laws/public order acts which run under this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom