Bright Wizards

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
It occured to me tonight while in warband and I mentioned it on voice comms. I'd been chortling over how few BW's there were around now. A lot of power gaming twonks have been exposed for what they are.

However, there were still some familiar faces around on Karak-Hirn. Hiss boo and so forth. A really odd thought popped into my head: I respected these guys.

Most likely the ones still logging on now are the ones that chose this class and did so because of the way it plays not just because they could take advantage of bugs and imbalances. Being honest, everyone likes to play and win and if you lucked or planned into something that does so, wooooo. Enjoy the high. Likely some I've seen the last 2 nights are just those that are logging on and shocked that they're not so far above the rest of the food chain, its early days and they'll just stop playing.

Never mind the warm 'n' fuzzies: BW is *still* a very strong class in DPS terms. I've seen the scenario scores. I don't think BWs have been treated unfairly. The drop in BWs in scenarios and oRvR in numbers is immediately noticable however. In my opinion it exposes the power gamer fotm folks. In time we'll likely see more appearing again as folks choose it as a playstyle rather than looking at the scores it gets.

Don't get me wrong, you see me on the battlefield my one purpose is to kill you. I'm working hard to do nothing but bring about your demise. You see me run into your caster camp without healing you better believe I think there's a tactical advantage to be had. I might be wrong at times of course :D

I respect those Bright Wizards that are showing you chose the class because of how it plays rather than because of number crunching advantage at WAR launch.

Play a game because you like the way you get to play, not just because of the scores you think you can get.

I just felt it was worth mentioning.

/salute

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
First class i rolled was BW because i had a enchanter in daoc a elementalist in guildwars a mage in wow and a soldier with no bullets in cod just like the many other millions that choose a class i choose what appealed to me.

I changed server due to population an decided to go melee as its not fun to level the same class again never the less my opinons apparent.

Just waiting on the next cry nerf <class> threads to appear now

Nate

FH is my second home
I dunno if you can say people who aren't playing the career now only played it because of bugs/imbalances. The Career could have been made for all you know completely redundant by other Careers which now have more damage, more survivability, more utility, and don't kill themselves.

The next nerf, in my opinion will be the Order Healing Archtype. They heal the damage Destruction do and this cannot be allowed to continue, how can Destruction Destroy if all their Destructive force is healed in an Orderly fashion? So yes Order will no longer heal in 1.1

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Nice troll imo.

9/10

if it wasn't so obvious it was a troll it would have been a 10 nice disguise and all but somehow still too transparent.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I bet people like Aldoran and Tesla who rolled BW in WAR have quit.

From stealthers to BWs, sheesh :kissit:

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I never actually cared they nerfed the BW - I'm used to playing nerfed characters, and well - I've never been immolation specced in this game on my BW, so remove that three for all I care.
And if suddenly the class isn't fun any more (don't have to be in regards of nerfs), I'll simply play something else or another game. Heck - I deleted my L50s in DAoC - twice - so I could start a new main with the same name.
I'm not attached emotional to the game nor my class.

What I "care" about (or lash out at properly) is the hypocrisy on the boards - especially from specific faction players. And the fact that Mythic once again shows they are stupid enough to listen to the whine-zergs. Consequences be damned.

When the power pendulum swings towards Order - the classes are overpowered and must be nerfed because mirrors are supposed to be equal on a power basis.
When the power pendulum swings Destruction - it is because the mirrors shouldn't be identical and the Destruction class would be rubbish if not overpowered.
That's the hypocrasy which we see on the forums, and Mythic is listening to.

I'll wager we'll see more nerf-BW whines once many BWs "adapt" (as if adapting is actually needed to this) and some Destruction players once again start dieing to the BWs. It'll properly be something like "wasn't nerfed enough", "they stil tab-dot-tab-dot-tab-dot" (as if) and along that line.
I do however think a number of BWs will reroll as well. Mostly because the frustration of playing free-RP-Cow is large when you don't feel you make an impact, and the BWs impact was damage.
I suspect we'll see the same with Sorcerers, but not to the same degree cause they got scores of powerful classes to hide behind, so they'll not look at the respawn button as often.

And I'll expect the whine-zerg to find another target on the Order side which also must be nerfed - the Knight looks like the new target - and thus the rounds will go until there truly are no class on Order which can stand up against the zerg of overpowered classes.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, all destruction players are whiney bitches intent on making every order class unplayable so we can win. Seriously get a fucking life and if possible, a clue. The class was fucked in its original condition, they went the wrong way about the nerf but the class needed fixing in some way. All those scenarios you won with 5 or more BW's was not because your better players than everyone you played against.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Yes, all destruction players are whiney bitches intent on making every order class unplayable so we can win. Seriously get a fucking life and if possible, a clue. The class was fucked in its original condition, they went the wrong way about the nerf but the class needed fixing in some way. All those scenarios you won with 5 or more BW's was not because your better players than everyone you played against.

I think I hit a nerve.
And never once did I say all, so your reaction seems to indicate find yourself belonging to the "whine-zerg".

Oh, and what about all those scenarios we lost with "5 or more BWs"?
Guess you forget about those. Or is it because when "you" win - it is due to skill, but when "you" loose it is due to overpowered classes who just "tap-dot"?

Never mind - I know the answer. We can only hope Mythic wakes up and sees it as well before the game becomes Destruction vs. Environment.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
All those scenarios you won with 5 or more BW's was not because your better players than everyone you played against.

It doesnt matter how you rate BWs or any other class. Attempting to backup any claim (be it a call for love or nerf) thru your extremely limited example is futile at best.

I ve won and lost scenarios with 5+ BWs.
I ve won and lost scenarios with 5+ WEs.
I ve won and lost scenarios with 5+ AMs.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
It doesnt matter how you rate BWs or any other class. Attempting to backup any claim (be it a call for love or nerf) thru your extremely limited example is futile at best.

Indeed. :clap:

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I never actually cared they nerfed the BW - I'm used to playing nerfed characters, and well - I've never been immolation specced in this game on my BW, so remove that three for all I care.
And if suddenly the class isn't fun any more (don't have to be in regards of nerfs), I'll simply play something else or another game. Heck - I deleted my L50s in DAoC - twice - so I could start a new main with the same name.

What I "care" about (or lash out at properly) is the hypocrisy on the boards - especially from specific faction players. And the fact that Mythic once again shows they are stupid enough to listen to the whine-zergs. Consequences be damned.

When the power pendulum swings towards Order - the classes are overpowered and must be nerfed because mirrors are supposed to be equal on a power basis.
When the power pendulum swings Destruction - it is because the mirrors shouldn't be identical and the Destruction class would be rubbish if not overpowered.

I'll wager we'll see more nerf-BW whines once many BWs "adapt" (as if adapting is actually needed to this) and some Destruction players once again start dieing to the BWs. It'll properly be something like "wasn't nerfed enough", "they stil tab-dot-tab-dot-tab-dot" (as if) and along that line.
I do however think a number of BWs will reroll as well. Mostly because the frustration of playing free-RP-Cow is large when you don't feel you make an impact, and the BWs impact was damage.
I suspect we'll see the same with Sorcerers, but not to the same degree cause they got scores of powerful classes to hide behind, so they'll not look at the respawn button as often.

And I'll expect the whine-zerg to find another target on the Order side which also must be nerfed - the Knight looks like the new target - and thus the rounds will go until there truly are no class on Order which can stand up against the zerg of overpowered classes.

So, I play Order and I also agree that BW's needed a big "balancing". Where does that put me in your theory?

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
So, I play Order and I also agree that BW's needed a big "balancing". Where does that put me in your theory?

The issue isn't whether BWs need balancing, but that many Destruction "mirrors" do as well, yet those problems are drowned out by the "whine-zerg".

It is continued Order classes which are overpowered and Destruction classes are "fine" cause mirrors aren't supposed to be identical.
Just notice how on various forums the whine-zerg now start targeting the Knight while still ignoring Marauder vs WL, WE vs WH, BO vs SM, SH vs SW issues.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'd be very surprised if Mythic are using 'number of whines on forum' as a metric ;)

They've got an awful lot of stats on what each class can do when in all sorts of situations - and I'd be surprised if BWs weren't firing big red warning signs from these stats. WEs might be as well - I dunno, I don't have to fight them, but Witch Hunters definitely hurt when they attack me. And I can't compare a WH attack to a WE attack. WE's got toned down in this latest patch too you know... (not so much as BWs afaik but they got some of their silly tactics nerfed)

Presence of forum whine doesn't meant that there's an imbalance but if there's an imbalance there's definitely going to be some forum whine.

Either way - kudos to the bright wizards who are sticking with their class - they still bloody hurt and I think the fact I'm dying more to melee assist trains than solo BWs since the patch is more due to there being fewer around than the nerf...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hmm, I wonder who in this thread plays a BW :p

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie

All of this just change Destruction to Order.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I reckon the downturn has a lot to do with the new classes also. People are taking the time to level alts knowing that over the next couple of weeks the numbers in the lower tiers are going to be swelled.

I myself have stopped playing my overpowered WE for some lowby action. The Chosen needs nerfing by the way they are awesome :p

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
i play a BW just started one after playing on Burloc and moving to karak Hirn, and must say their damage is more balanced now they been nerfed, so yes it was needed, now you actually have to be sneaky and run away from people and nuke when able, quite a lot of fun, so hope to see ya on the BG field Roo even thou im only in Tier 1, i got a fireball with your name on it :)

But reason i choose BW was because i played Sorc on Burloc and loved it, so mirror class was BW :)

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing as how most players have both an order toon and a destruction toon, the "Mythic listens to order players" is sounding a bit old now.

The BW was stupidly over powered. Thats the be-all and end-all of the statement.

Counters such as but the WE.....Can be ignored in this context. If they are overpowered, then they will be balanced, they have nothing to do with the BW except that they must be balanced along the same baseline as the BW.

Currently the median class can be seen as the Maurader or White Lion. I consider these the two most average classes or the two classes working as intended due to the lack of changes to them in the last patch.

The only relation a WE, KOTBS, BW or Engineer has to each other is how far below/above the curve of the two bases classes they are.

If they are mroe powerful, then they will be brought down to the base or the base will be raised to their level.

If anyone uses the arguement that Mythic play one side over the other, then they should have their forum account locked. Thats stupid and annoying. When I read that, my internal monoluge puts on a 10 year olds vocie in the playground for it.

People need to learn how to look at a problem objectivly. I hear Sorcs screaming about how their class has been ruined in the last patch and how the BW still walks over them. This is obviosuly tosh, but if they had reduced the length of a sorcs staff by 5cm graphically, they would be complaining just as much.

Ive read so many biased accounts on the various test forums that they all run into a massive "blugh, wall of lies and data presented in a way to proove a non-existant point"

Its all very very boaring now, maybe once you hit 30-35 years old, and have a kid, you learn to cut through the kiddies screaming and recognise it for what it really means.

You can replace 99% of all nerf posts with the following lines "Me ME ME ME !!!!!ME ME ME !!!! ME!"

That is all

:)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
ME ME ME ME ME MEM EME me! me! myself and I.

erm I mean Squig herders didn't get nearly enough waah wahh more more! :) Mystic hate Destruction!

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie

I apologise for the last post, just woke up, have had the flu for like a month now so probably not the best time to make a post :p I have had a little time to wake up. I wasnt using this to justify a nerf, just a cheap shot at the people thinking BW's didnt deserve a toning down.

There have been hundreds of posts on the topic, I have made my thoughts clear on the class many times. I see no point in writing another essay to prove the point that they needed fixing, it should have been quite clear that they did. Just as is the case for WE's (and WH's to a lesser extent) - but thats for another thread.

People generalising and saying that all destruction players want all order classes nerfed so they can win is bullshit. I could say the people on order are playing easy mode - its obviously not true (nor is the reverse) but its the same kind of blanket statement, ignoring any other facts or arguements. I think most people want a balanced game. I would rather win a scenario 500 - 499 than win it 500 - 1 (I would also like to not have to use scenarios as an example).

The went about the nerf in completely the wrong way (in my opinion) - they gave it no thought and took the easy way out.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie

Seriously, seek help if you think this is how people think. Just like every other demographic, the "whiners" as you refer to them, are just as abundant on both sides.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Seriously, seek help if you think this is how people think. Just like every other demographic, the "whiners" as you refer to them, are just as abundant on both sides.

Sorry, but I can read what people write, so yes - that's pretty much how things get presented currently on the various forums.
Just notice the whining which have already started regarding the Knight now that the BW have been nerfed on various forums (and I'll wager that we'll continue to see BW nerf cries despite how many of them there'll be around in the foreseeable future).
I'll bet we'll get whines about the Knight here as well as we did the BW.

At the same time people get presented with "mirrors aren't supposed to be identical" when pointing out the difference when Destruction classes are on top.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
I prefer my BW now, i can actually do damage on tanks without relying on big crits or worrying im going to kill myself. Not played enough to get a feel for the root changes but its a welcomed change for my WL so I wont complain.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
People are whining about knights because t1 scenarios are completely dominated by knights vs blackguard (which given that blackguards aren't really meant to be killing knights is thoroughly skewed in order's favour :))

We'll see once they get to t4 etc. and there's more than just them in scenarios whether they're imbalanced or not (and whether blackguards turn into unkillable caster-slaughtering monsters)

There are definitely some people that think entirely biased to their realm and have no perspective but you can't go labelling everyone in a realm like that, or even everyone on the forums.

Quoth you "the hypocrisy on the boards - especially from specific faction players" - this is tarring rather a lot of people with the same brush ;)

If you'd said "The hypocrisy on the boards from some players" it'd read entirely differently.

Marc

FH is my second home
Only thing they have really nerfed is detonate. I still do 200k+ in scenarios.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I prefer my BW now, i can actually do damage on tanks without relying on big crits or worrying im going to kill myself. Not played enough to get a feel for the root changes but its a welcomed change for my WL so I wont complain.

I was going "ARGH I THOUGHT THEY FIXED THE BLOODY ROOTS" till I realised it was the 4 tanks surrounding me stopping me from moving anywhere and was nothing to do with the fire cage :)

J

Jenk

I thought the reason there were so many BW's was due to it being the only nuker class Order has.. oh wait, no it must be because it was incredibly overpowered.

Fuck off.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I thought the reason there were so many BW's was due to it being the only nuker class Order has.. oh wait, no it must be because it was incredibly overpowered.

Fuck off.

Of course, destruction has just as high a percentage of sorcs playing as there are BWs. Oh wait, they don't.

Follow your own advice.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

Fuck off.

Can I have a bj with that dirty mouth please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom