WAR-RvR Bright Wizard Teaser

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Did look quite funky...

Did seem a very long range on those spells though, wonder if we have to fear a castalot scenario ;)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Did look quite funky...

Did seem a very long range on those spells though, wonder if we have to fear a castalot scenario ;)

If you watch the trailer above, you will see a comment from "The Hickman" saying the tanks were doing very well in the RVR instances in Baltimore.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
after watching this video... WoW battlegrounds anyone? >.<

ileks

Part of the furniture
Thanks for sharing that really enjoyed it. Game looks great to me :)

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
tbh ... there is no real improvement in the grafic to DAOC .... the more i see from this game the more think it isnt better in any way then DAOC.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
tbh ... there is no real improvement in the grafic to DAOC .... the more i see from this game the more think it isnt better in any way then DAOC.

Eh, unless you are looking at screenshots, then you can't make that comment based upon all the videos floating around the web. They are massively compressed to make the content downloadable in a reasonable time. They are also mainly taken from from a camcorder. To give you an idea, a image in a standard DVD is 2MB a second, so that would be 120 MB a minute to get an image like you would expect to see on your monitor.

Though I agree that some of the screenshots can vary in quality. But I don't count web videos, due to quality of the image.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
Eh, unless you are looking at screenshots, then you can't make that comment based upon all the videos floating around the web. They are massively compressed to make the content downloadable in a reasonable time. They are also mainly taken from from a camcorder. To give you an idea, a image in a standard DVD is 2MB a second, so that would be 120 MB a minute to get an image like you would expect to see on your monitor.

Though I agree that some of the screenshots can vary in quality. But I don't count web videos, due to quality of the image.

i hope so, would be nice to hear what the Beta tester say about this thema,
btw did they already said what numbers of players they plan for one server?

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
i hope so, would be nice to hear what the Beta tester say about this thema,
btw did they already said what numbers of players they plan for one server?

Something similiar to DAOC which is about 3500 - 4000. But it depends on the loading on the server. Network traffic and CPU requirements. Though nowadays with dual and quad core chips available in multi cpu configurations. cpu usage shouldn't be a problem. Normally you will be looking at least at 2 network cards, one for 1 for outbound traffic and 1 for inbound.

Pica

Fledgling Freddie
This game pwns WoW soooo much, cant wait for either beta or real game :D even with Blizzards announced expansion i am turning for wow, its just gonna be the same thing all over again, same armor in diferent colours and same mobs... cant wait for WAR ;D

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
Wahh!! Please no more WOW mentions. i personaly never liked it, but fair enough many did..
My issue now is that even those that no longer like the game compare EVERTHING to WOW. can you servive the real world with out mentioning WOW?? if so please do not mention it here. Meridian 59, shadowbane, Eve, and even Neocron were all more ground breaking than WOW, you would be better of comparing MMOs with "the SIMS" the original one was very original at least :) look now I am raving . WOW is a plague and should be cured, it gets in your head and makes you rant .. MASS BANNING IS THE ONLY CURE
WOW, the SIMS, Meridian 59, shadowbane, Eve, and even Neocron are copyrighted all rights are retained by their respective copyright holders.
any events, portrails or liknesses to actual events is quite possible.
this is not a flame
this is not a troll
this is an expession of insanity

Aada

Part of the furniture
Wahh!! Please no more WOW mentions. i personaly never liked it, but fair enough many did..
My issue now is that even those that no longer like the game compare EVERTHING to WOW. can you servive the real world with out mentioning WOW?? if so please do not mention it here. Meridian 59, shadowbane, Eve, and even Neocron were all more ground breaking than WOW, you would be better of comparing MMOs with "the SIMS" the original one was very original at least :) look now I am raving . WOW is a plague and should be cured, it gets in your head and makes you rant .. MASS BANNING IS THE ONLY CURE
WOW, the SIMS, Meridian 59, shadowbane, Eve, and even Neocron are copyrighted all rights are retained by their respective copyright holders.
any events, portrails or liknesses to actual events is quite possible.
this is not a flame
this is not a troll
this is an expession of insanity

Seen this type of post many times on many forums and the answer is simple.

To the 10million players that play or have played WOW most consider it the benchmark WoW has so much content it's silly it really is there isn't a moment i have logged onto WoW where i found myself bored or with nothing to do.

People will say WAR is new and won't have that amount of content but to the average MMORPG player they will not give a damn they want the huge amount of content WoW has from day 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom