Bright Wizards

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
By your own definition at the start of this thread, some people rolled the class because they liked the way they got to play.

The class has changed drastically with this patch (not for the better either), necessitating a big change in playstyle to remain even remotely competitive.

So i'm an FOTM power-gamer, because i stopped enjoying a class that now has to be played very differently to the one i rolled?

Well you did post elsewhere before the patch was even released that you saw nerfs coming and you were switching to your archmage. While not proof it is rather suggestive. Do a search on your own posts you'll find the one I mean.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Well you did post elsewhere before the patch was even released that you saw nerfs coming and you were switching to your archmage. While not proof it is rather suggestive. Do a search on your own posts you'll find the one I mean.

Correct, perhaps because i have a good understanding of the class and foresaw how the changes would necessitate a big change in playstyle?

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
The pure joy ..tearing BW's apart and then pointing and laughing at them,just like they did to me, as i said..what goes around,comes around.I notice a lack of them just lately all rolling the next OP order class i expect.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone else thinks that it's really retarded talking about OP order/destro classes? And actually make a distinction between the realms?

And yeah, I'm talking about comments like this:

... all rolling the next OP order class i expect.

Definitely there are some broken classes but they exist on both sides of the fence. For the good of the game, stop acting like that and accept things without having to put a "realm pride" tag on everything.

I also think that WE need some fixing, but I also thought the same about BWs. Just relax I'd say

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
How about comments like this then?....Payback is such great fun,is the lack of BW due to them rolling the next FOTM class?O yea did i say how much fun it is tearing them apart and they can do nothing about it....Hahahahaha.

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
I'm an Overpowered WE;)Seriously tho BW needed toning down a little but nerfing any class is not the way to go.WE is a very good class at doing what it is supposed to do,yes i hit hard for the first few seconds but there is a trade off i die even faster than a BW and i can not kill multiple people between kills.Kotbs will for sure be the next class that destro scream to be nerfed thats for sure.I personaly won't be screaming for any nerfs but we all have to admit both Order and Destro do an equally good job of whinging.No matter what game is played there will always be some that want to be godlike and if they can't they will whine etc.
It's human nature to be biased towards your own class.I just find it ammusing that there is suddenly such a lack of BW's.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I notice a lack of them just lately all rolling the next OP order class i expect.

The irony of all the flames about people playing a "FOTM" class when the same people are playing Destruction, the FOTM zerg realm. Well done :m00:

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
I have played a WE from day1,i still solely play my WE i'm hardley playing or rolling a Fotm class eh.:D

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
Please define "zerg realm".I'm intrigued as to what Destro. do so differently from Order as far as large fights go.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Still playing BW will never stop, new build some new gear same end results, top of dmg killing blows solo kills etc etc.

Only nerf I didnt agree with was the Detonate nerf, havent used this skill barely since patch and I think PwF got nerfed a bitt oo hard also.

Dont find any classes any harder to kill, Magus still easy to beat, so are SH as long as they dont get the jump on me.

I never rolled my BW as fotm, I always intended to play one from when I first heard about them during development of the game, Fire casters are always my prefered class

I did also notice the BW population going down in Scenario's and during a Keep Siege in Kadrin Valley last night there was only me and one other BW in our whole warband. I find it funny.

What I will say though is that the Nerf bat WILL be swinging round again, and all you bragging WE's will find yourself on the business end of it, oh there will be joy and laughter, but mostly laughter

J

Jenk

If you're playing WE, then your right to complain about FOTM is revoked :p

The first class I rolled was a BW on Karak Dron.. only got to r15 before realising the server was dead and GOA are turning character transfers into an epidemic, so I rerolled on Elth with some friends and now have an RP.. once I hit 40 with him I'll reroll (or transfer if possible by then) a BW.

I was a fire wiz in DAoC so it was natural progression for me :p

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
Respect to you for sticking with what you originaly started with because you wanted to play the class.Unfortunatly not everyone is like yourself and me,some just like to go from one fotm to another and moan inbetween if there happens to be a class that can compeate with them.I intend to stick with what i have so trying to wind me up by saying i am fotm won't work.:D

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
The only time I would consider rerolling would be when my server is dead, which aint far from the truth now :s Hope GoAS do something about it soon :s

J

Jenk

Aye, KD was/is dead as a dead thing. Once my RP is 40, I'll roll the BW as well, but keeping the RP.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Respect to you for sticking with what you originaly started with because you wanted to play the class.Unfortunatly not everyone is like yourself and me,some just like to go from one fotm to another and moan inbetween if there happens to be a class that can compeate with them.I intend to stick with what i have so trying to wind me up by saying i am fotm won't work.:D

Not everyone jumps from FOTM to FOTM either. Funny how you're bookmarking everyone who played BW as FOTM but then saying you are not FOTM for the class you play.

I was playing my BW quite a lot less before the nerf to play AM and WL. I still intend to play my BW and tbh i'm not that concerned with the changes, accept maybe our lack of core CC which may strongly influence spec and playstyle which is bad imo.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Not everyone jumps from FOTM to FOTM either. Funny how you're bookmarking everyone who played BW as FOTM but then saying you are not FOTM for the class you play.

I was playing my BW quite a lot less before the nerf to play AM and WL. I still intend to play my BW and tbh i'm not that concerned with the changes, accept maybe our lack of core CC which may strongly influence spec and playstyle which is bad imo.

Having no CC isnt as bad as it sounds, I went the whole hog, spec'd incini so no more Withering Heat/Stop Drop n Roll, dont use crown of fire tactic anymore and swapped out Magic Dart for magebolt, only CC I got now is crappy firecage thats not even worth using and my morale 3 stun.

I still own face, hard. Just more reliant on group, although I kill most things including tanks with dopy healers before they get to me, so its a non-issue really.

J

Jenk

Im on Karak-Dron also, what's your nick ?
er.. I can't actually remember my BW's name.. I'll check tonight and post. Like I say though, only played on there for about a week then rerolled.

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie

WTF are you talking about?Did i say EVERYONE?Did i say all BW?Notice the word SOME in my sentance?

Zede

Part of the furniture
Having no CC isnt as bad as it sounds, I went the whole hog, spec'd incini so no more Withering Heat/Stop Drop n Roll, dont use crown of fire tactic anymore and swapped out Magic Dart for magebolt, only CC I got now is crappy firecage thats not even worth using and my morale 3 stun.

I still own face, hard. Just more reliant on group, although I kill most things including tanks with dopy healers before they get to me, so its a non-issue really.

what ? you actually admit killing people who are crap players?

pot kettle black

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
WTF are you talking about?Did i say EVERYONE?Did i say all BW?Notice the word SOME in my sentance?

well actually...

The pure joy ..tearing BW's apart and then pointing and laughing at them,just like they did to me, as i said..what goes around,comes around.I notice a lack of them just lately all rolling the next OP order class i expect.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I'm thinking of rolling an alt BW, will that make me fotm and OP?

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
well actually...

I think you have lost the plot,you quote me as bookmarking everyone...i point out that you are wrong so you come back with a totaly unrelated qoute.Yes i enjoy tearing BW's a new one just as they enjoyed doing the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom