Boycot Rvr

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caiuga

I'm saying what my experience is..if I say Savages run right through mezz they do, If I have a savage/heal grp running towards me I cast mezz and they resist then I try again ( if I have the time that is and not insta'ed ) and maybe 2-3 of them stop for 5 seconds NO MORE!! maybe because they purge the first time?? I dont know, all I know is that with a grp of 6 : 2 SORC's 2 Clerics 1 Armsman 1 Inf and we were on top of mid gank grp they didnt even see us! We mezzed and all of us was ganked in less then 10-15 seconds... now the frustration I see among fellow players when that happens is frustrating, when this happens over and over again people get fed up. You can talk and talk about well balanced grps should do this and do that, problem is it doesnt work, you dont have the time... you say go for the healers?? how can you go for the healers when you have 3 savages on top of you immediately?? 4albs on 1 buffed savage with out heals takes at least 10 -15 seconds to kill is my experience. So what do the others do meanwhile?? I know my sorc is running for his life with the other 3 savages chasing, and by the time 20 seconds have gone by my whole grp is ganked.

Now what weapon does a sorc have if resists are at 50% and all have purge/det 4?? I certainly dont have speed any longer to try and run away, once I cast something on a target my speed dissapears.. I'm basically a sitting duck..

thoughts of a "stupid" alb :)

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by caiuga
all I know is that with a grp of 6 : 2 SORC's 2 Clerics 1 Armsman 1 Inf and we were on top of mid gank grp they didnt even see us! We mezzed and all of us was ganked in less then 10-15 seconds...
gee, wonder why.

L

lorric

Lol thats like the best group set up ive ever seen

C

caiuga

Well that is what was in the grp at the time and we ran into that mid grp, you can laugh at grp set-up( We were returning from taking back Renaris and that grp set up is not a problem on keep retake) but still you say doh wonder why?? I'll tell you why, AE MEZZ from 2 SORC's didnt hold at all thats why!! if it had,maybe we could have been able to kill maybe 1 before we died, We were completely aware of that we couldnt beat a grp like that with our set up but it is not like we had the opportunity to choose what to do atm. We could try and run the other way, Either way we would have died from that grp, it was just a matter of a second before they would have spotted us.

I would really like to see a so-called well balanced alb grp go toe-toe against a sav/heal grp, I 'm sorry I think I would have put all my money on the mid grp and I think 90% of albs would too.

L

lorric

you would lose your money because like the mids the albs would have DET tanks that mezz wont hold for more than 8seconds its not just savages you idiot.

C

corranhorn1

Originally posted by caiuga
I would really like to see a so-called well balanced alb grp go toe-toe against a sav/heal grp, I 'm sorry I think I would have put all my money on the mid grp and I think 90% of albs would too. [/B]

been there, done it, got the t-shirt.if pr up you got 11 people to kill. most time that meanfs 6healers, 1shamie,1skald 3 savages.
That is why battles are so hard against them.

Mezz lands on them for LONGER then insta aoe mezz holds a det 4/5 alb. That is why you spec for it.

Assist trains on healers are the way to go, pally slams the blockbot warrior so that healer not protected = dead healer with a few albs on them.

just live with this fact. you wont kill these decent guild savage/healer groups unless you set up like them. Adapt or die. simple choice even if not like it.

Alternatively. take group where they are not. thou you got a fotm hibbie group that hard to beat now you can but try find random fights in hw/odins still

N

naetha

Yeah, but the mids would hit for half as much again as the alb tanks, and the mid support would take twice as long to die, so my money would still be on the Mids, unless half the group was afk.

T

thewhitedragon

im with neath & caiuga -

my bets 11plat on the mids !!! for a complete Wipeout
maybe 1-2 casualities in the mid side but not really a problem for 3 healers really is it ???

i cant really see ANY alb grp being able to prevent ALL 3 healers from healing the others - can u ???

L

lorric

Originally posted by naetha
Yeah, but the mids would hit for half as much again as the alb tanks, and the mid support would take twice as long to die, so my money would still be on the Mids, unless half the group was afk.

I find alb assist trains from RvR guilds tend to drop everything fast just imo.

L

lorric

Originally posted by thewhitedragon
im with neath & caiuga -

my bets 11plat on the mids !!! for a complete Wipeout
maybe 1-2 casualities in the mid side but not really a problem for 3 healers really is it ???

i cant really see ANY alb grp being able to prevent ALL 3 healers from healing the others - can u ???

You would prolly be the smite cleric that thinks nuking is better than healing.

Z

Zarmin

Bah

Originally posted by Whisperess
A Savage is a Berserker without Prevent Flight and Frenzy and access to H2H instead of LA and with lower weaponskill and doesn't have a power pool = tank.
A Reaver is more like what a Thane should be, they have spells and a power pool making them Hybrids.

And nerfage, yes - they should and are getting nerfed, and you are still whining. ( if you check some of the savage whine threads over on Excali you'll find what I've said about the entire issue ).

Give your buffs to a hero then ...

T

thewhitedragon

i HAVE IT !!!

100% Guareented Way to kill Heal/Savage Team !!!

what u need;

2x clerics - both with BOF & Trebs - 1000 grape shot
2x sorcs - both Full Mezz & Trebs - 1000 Ice shot
2x Polearms - With Treb - 1000 Bullets
1x Mini (with a set of juggleing balls)
1x Infil & treb

Method - mini Runs & then and starts juggling - in all the confusion clerics & sorcs & Tanks set up trebs - then Sorcs mezz the heal/sav team, then BLAST THEM TO HELL !!!!!!
Clerics will have 2 jobs - Praying that at Least 1 person Lives threw this & Blasting the Middie Scum to pieces....
Everyone else - FIRE !!!!!!!!!!!

Now Provided the winds in the right direction,
All the mids are AFK,
And the Gods are with us,
Mythic employees are all asleep,
the mids have forgotten how to work /send /as /gu

it JUS Might Kill A Healer !!!

L

lorric

Originally posted by thewhitedragon
i HAVE IT !!!

100% Guareented Way to kill Heal/Savage Team !!!

what u need;

2x clerics - both with BOF & Trebs - 1000 grape shot
2x sorcs - both Full Mezz & Trebs - 1000 Ice shot
2x Polearms - With Treb - 1000 Bullets
1x Mini (with a set of juggleing balls)
1x Infil & treb

Method - mini Runs & then and starts juggling - in all the confusion clerics & sorcs & Tanks set up trebs - then Sorcs mezz the heal/sav team, then BLAST THEM TO HELL !!!!!!
Clerics will have 2 jobs - Praying that at Least 1 person Lives threw this & Blasting the Middie Scum to pieces....
Everyone else - FIRE !!!!!!!!!!!

Now Provided the winds in the right direction,
All the mids are AFK,
And the Gods are with us,
Mythic employees are all asleep,
the mids have forgotten how to work /send /as /gu

it JUS Might Kill A Healer !!!

Funny forum troll:)

W

Whisperess

Re: Bah

Originally posted by Zarmin
Give your buffs to a hero then ...
You still don't get it do you?

Why bring in the shield tanks into the equation when we're talking about advanced evade light tanks?

Mercenary: Dirty Tricks, Flurry, PF ( chance to dual hit )
Blademaster: Triple Wield, Flurry, PF ( chance to dual hit )
Zerker: Frenzy, PF, No Flurry ( dual hit )
Savage: Self buffs, No Flurry, No PF ( chance to quad hit )

Edit: for all you crying whiners out there - I by this statement do not imply that Savages does not need a nerf, just pointing out for those who still not know in which area Savages belong - what perks they have within that area and which they don't.

N

naetha

Originally posted by lorric
You would prolly be the smite cleric that thinks nuking is better than healing.

People seem to think that Albs only ever lose because they're gimps. I only know one active RvR smite cleric, and she is one of the best RvR clerics I know - she can easily keep a full group on their feet </salute Killerbee>. Most characters/classes are the best spec they can be pretty much - there aren't any 2h paladins left, any armsman worth their salt is polearm, etc etc

Yes, the pick up groups are shite, but they are whatever realm you're in, and they're shite because the classes are not optimised, rather than the characters. There's also an enormous influx of level 50 n00bs - the paladins that get to 50 without knowing what twisting is, let alone how to do it. But again, you get that on every server/realm.

At the end of the day, Mid tanks do more damage than alb tanks, and Mid support classes can take more damage/sustain attacks for longer than Alb support classes.

Edit: and as for the comparisons between the realms' light tanks, the lack of special abilities/RAs on zerkers and savages is made up in the additional damage they can do. Although on reflection, savages still have the advantage, and will still be better after the nerf.

L

lorric

People seem to think that Albs only ever lose because they're gimps. I only know one active RvR smite cleric, and she is one of the best RvR clerics I know - she can easily keep a full group on their feet </salute Killerbee>. Most characters/classes are the best spec they can be pretty much - there aren't any 2h paladins left, any armsman worth their salt is polearm, etc etc

Yes, the pick up groups are shite, but they are whatever realm you're in, and they're shite because the classes are not optimised, rather than the characters. There's also an enormous influx of level 50 n00bs - the paladins that get to 50 without knowing what twisting is, let alone how to do it. But again, you get that on every server/realm.

At the end of the day, Mid tanks do more damage than alb tanks, and Mid support classes can take more damage/sustain attacks for longer than Alb support classes.

no i dont think albs are gimps i think the thread starter is and some of the other blatent idiots that posted about how there crap groups couldnt beat an rvr group. But that rubbish about mid healers being able to take more punishment is stupid which realm has BoF,Soldiers Barricade and the mincer abaltive and cleric AF buff.

O

old.Jeriraa

What guild was running with 1.5-2fg + at least a half group of scouts in Odin's the other day? Did they manage to kill Everlast or Bad Omen?

Think they had a valid setup vs savage groups. :)

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by lorric
no i dont think albs are gimps i think the thread starter is and some of the other blatent idiots that posted about how there crap groups couldnt beat an rvr group. But that rubbish about mid healers being able to take more punishment is stupid which realm has BoF,Soldiers Barricade and the mincer abaltive and cleric AF buff.
I do think that before posting you should try to play both sides to see its ups and downs. I do invite you for instance borrow/level char on alb/excal and see for yourself =D

N

naetha

Originally posted by old.Sko
I do think that before posting you should try to play both sides to see its ups and downs. I do invite you for instance borrow/level char on alb/excal and see for yourself =D

Absolutely - even though I haven't played much high end RvR as a mid yet, I've got a good taster of it, and understand the mid aspect much better now. It also makes me a better mid-killer, I'm able to recognise the different classes much better, and know what to kill, when.

C

case-rigantis

our recent guild group setups

paladin
cleric
cleric
merc
scout
armsman
sorc
minstrel

paladin
infi
cleric
cleric
merc
reaver
minstrel
wizard

you`d think we`d have half a chance eh? thats using 2 main assist 1 in each group and all clerics have bof all minstrels have sos

with those set ups we`ve killed 3fg hibs before and 3fg random mids yet bad omen or everlast have killed us without 1 casualty

balanced? hmm

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by case-rigantis

with those set ups we`ve killed 3fg hibs before and 3fg random mids yet bad omen or everlast have killed us without 1 casualty

balanced? hmm

its some crappy setups, soo what do u expect? :rolleyes:

Z

Zarmin

Re: Re: Bah

Originally posted by Whisperess
You still don't get it do you?

Why bring in the shield tanks into the equation when we're talking about advanced evade light tanks?

Mercenary: Dirty Tricks, Flurry, PF ( chance to dual hit )
Blademaster: Triple Wield, Flurry, PF ( chance to dual hit )
Zerker: Frenzy, PF, No Flurry ( dual hit )
Savage: Self buffs, No Flurry, No PF ( chance to quad hit )

Edit: for all you crying whiners out there - I by this statement do not imply that Savages does not need a nerf, just pointing out for those who still not know in which area Savages belong - what perks they have within that area and which they don't.

Actually U don't take the point, i know in what area Savages are: they called "Light Tanks" tho they have access to Cheap Deter etc, but this is not the point, my point is that even if they don't have a Power Pool they should quite land in the HYBRID category or try imagine an Hero with no moose and the Savages buff (a Warden in Tank table and Cheap Tanks RAS) then start cry and think too just if u can.
More clear or u need further enlightments?

C

case-rigantis

Originally posted by froler-mid

i don`t see how it`s a crappy set up for a start and secondly 2fg that do 90% of things right should not lose to 1fg

F

froler-mid

i don`t see how it`s a crappy set up for a start and secondly 2fg that do 90% of things right should not lose to 1fg

3fg should not loose too 2fg then...right? how is that 'balance' etc? ;d

S

Shike

paladin
cleric
cleric
merc
scout
armsman
sorc
minstrel

paladin
infi
cleric
cleric
merc
reaver
minstrel
wizard

gimme a break mate. Pally hasnt got determination, clerics dont have determination, merc have, scout dont have determination, armsman have, sorc dont have determination, mincer dont have determination, infil dont have determination, reaver dont have determination, wizard dont have determination.

Even a hibgroup of some decent quality beat the shit outta those 2 grps. Do you even realize how easy you are to CC with those setups? Do you realize that healers mostly open with instaAoEstun and land a mez after that? Do you realize that if most have purge down you will stand like goons? Do you realize that practically every hibgroup have 2 forms of CC? Do you realize that a wizard without a debuffer along is useless? You seem to not realize alot about how RVR actually works these days. No wonder you lost to 1fg. :)

N

naetha

They're not crappy setups - they're not fotm setups, but they're probly the best non-fotm setup.

Grp 1 is perfect - fotmers wouldn't let a scout in a group - but is great for interrupting casters/healers, scouting out MGs, truesighting stealthers, and at the end of the day, probalby does as much, if not more damage than a merc or armsman, just at range rather than close up.

Grp 2 is nearly as good - infil, again good for finding stealthers - a well placed PA can turn a fight, reavers do very nice damage with debuffs and leviathane. Wizard is less good as die in 2 hits, but DA can be nice, and if wizzy is pbaoe, can form a defensive group around the clerics if he has a blockbot and/or MoC.

Stop getting bogged down in your own ego before you dismiss classes for being crap, just because they're not fotm.

S

Shike

They're not crappy setups - they're not fotm setups, but they're probly the best non-fotm setup.

Grp 1 is perfect - fotmers wouldn't let a scout in a group - but is great for interrupting casters/healers, scouting out MGs, truesighting stealthers, and at the end of the day, probalby does as much, if not more damage than a merc or armsman, just at range rather than close up.

Grp 2 is nearly as good - infil, again good for finding stealthers - a well placed PA can turn a fight, reavers do very nice damage with debuffs and leviathane. Wizard is less good as die in 2 hits, but DA can be nice, and if wizzy is pbaoe, can form a defensive group around the clerics if he has a blockbot and/or MoC.

Stop getting bogged down in your own ego before you dismiss classes for being crap, just because they're not fotm.

they aint crap no, but they cannot compete with a wellbuilt solid optimized group.

and one pbae defend.. errm.. try play a single pbae and see how long you survive out there with a good tanktrain on u :)

F

froler-mid

get real man, what u say is true, i know a infil do great dmg, a scout is annoying, a wizzy is.....cannon fodder. If you build a group too find stealthers...imo rethink your setup.

like someone else said, mezz them and they wont do any dmg/use at all :cool:

Reavers are very good imo..(one of the most annoying interupters ingame?)....tooo bad they cant do much when being mezzed ;d

CC will own this alb setup

C

case-rigantis

Originally posted by Shike
they aint crap no, but they cannot compete with a wellbuilt solid optimized group.

and one pbae defend.. errm.. try play a single pbae and see how long you survive out there with a good tanktrain on u :)

and thats the point we`re making nothing can compete against the fotm optimised setups

most of the fotm healer assist groups aren`t even very good i`ve run rings arund them with groups before but it comes down to damage and healing

they do more damage and have more healing any fucktard can play and win in these groups and unless mythic realise and balance this somehow many many people are going to be leaving the game

C

case-rigantis

get real man, what u say is true, i know a infil do great dmg, a scout is annoying, a wizzy is.....cannon fodder. If you build a group too find stealthers...imo rethink your setup.

like someone else said, mezz them and they wont do any dmg/use at all :cool:

Reavers are very good imo..(one of the most annoying interupters ingame?)....tooo bad they cant do much when being mezzed ;d

CC will own this alb setup

with this setup you still have 3 tanks with det3+ so if only 1 other person manages not to get mezzed and the clerics have purge up thats 3 tanks +1 and at least 2 clerics able to fight

if the scout does a good job he`ll be away from the fight shooting from range (which he usually is) and the minstrels will have peeled off to stealth before engaging

so your looking at 3 tanks 2 minstrels 1 scout plus anyone with purge up seems to me this should have a good chance against any 1fg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom