Boycot Rvr

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

froler-mid

Originally posted by case-rigantis
and thats the point we`re making nothing can compete against the fotm optimised setups

most of the fotm healer assist groups aren`t even very good i`ve run rings arund them with groups before but it comes down to damage and healing

they do more damage and have more healing any fucktard can play and win in these groups and unless mythic realise and balance this somehow many many people are going to be leaving the game

mid fotm group is as optimized as it can be in mid atm....

and u expect too win vs that group with random classes? -get a optimized alb group and you will see you gonna live alot longer vs mid fotm's..

N

naetha

But thats the whole point - we can't win against that group, even with a completely optimised Alb group, even with 2 optimised Alb groups, unless they're RR8+

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by case-rigantis
with this setup you still have 3 tanks with det3+ so if only 1 other person manages not to get mezzed and the clerics have purge up thats 3 tanks +1 and at least 2 clerics able to fight

if the scout does a good job he`ll be away from the fight shooting from range (which he usually is) and the minstrels will have peeled off to stealth before engaging

so your looking at 3 tanks 2 minstrels 1 scout plus anyone with purge up seems to me this should have a good chance against any 1fg

oke, lets say ALL members in your group use purge at first mezz.

then you get rooted for 1min.....whats the next move? ;d

infils/scouts are not wanted in most groups for a reason ;dd

Originally posted by naetha
But thats the whole point - we can't win against that group, even with a completely optimised Alb group, even with 2 optimised Alb groups, unless they're RR8+

ofc u can win......seen it a few times (SHOCKER!!!) :cool:

bottom line when 2 optimized groups bump into each other = who got what RA up etc.

C

case-rigantis

Originally posted by froler-mid
mid fotm group is as optimized as it can be in mid atm....

and u expect too win vs that group with random classes? -get a optimized alb group and you will see you gonna live alot longer vs mid fotm's..

live longer yes... win no

there is no way on this earth 1fg against 2fg who are pretty good and who work well as a team and have balanced groups should be able to win end of story

i`m not making out how uber that set up is what i`m trying to point out is that with that setup we should at least a 50/50 chance of winning

C

case-rigantis

oke, lets say ALL members in your group use purge at first mezz.

then you get rooted for 1min.....whats the next move? ;d

infils/scouts are not wanted in most groups for a reason ;dd

speed of sound next question?

F

froler-mid

ah well, just run 3fg and you solve your liddul 'group setup' problem the easy way ;ddd

N

naetha

You're still missing hte point Froler - call us casual players, whatever, but we're not RP whores, we don't go out to wtfpwn everyone that comes across us, we just go out to have fun (now changed to a RA on a 30 second recast timer :rolleyes: ) and have a half chance of not getting wiped.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by naetha
You're still missing hte point Froler - call us casual players, whatever, but we're not RP whores, we don't go out to wtfpwn everyone that comes across us, we just go out to have fun (now changed to a RA on a 30 second recast timer :rolleyes: ) and have a half chance of not getting wiped.

ye, and im saying if u want a 'chance' vs these 'fotm optimized groups' you need too make the alb counter setup, not the casual "Lets invite that scout, he can like....stealth and stuff"...:D

if i ran in random mid group i wont expect too gank a PE group, hell if id run in 2fg random mids still wouldnt expect too gank 1 fg PE/FL or any 'balanced' hib group.

N

naetha

But thats the whole point - this isn't a random group, its a guild group where the people are used to, and good at working together, its just not made up of of fotm classes.

And we're not expecting to beat BO and Maelstrom gank groups, we're expecting to have a decent chance against other groups like ours, and don't say they don't exist, bacause they do, they just don't Emain zerg.

Please read what we're trying to say before you post the same reply again and again.

C

caiuga

Originally posted by lorric
you would lose your money because like the mids the albs would have DET tanks that mezz wont hold for more than 8seconds its not just savages you idiot.

Well if you read earlier posts you would see I wrote my merc certainly does a lot less damage then a Savage, so what does that tell you??

And I would prefer that you dont call people Idiot's because they state a different opinion then you do. And especially NOT from a GM!!

BTW whats with the sensitivity about the issue?? Cant you discuss anything without getting angry and frustrated?? Come on you are a GM a so called leader of a GUILD start acting like one!

Every thread you have in here ends with some crap throwing at people.

O

old.mattshanes

Caiuga,

weaponskill?stats?spec?sc'ed?race?what weapons were you using?

Please post, you shouldn't be doing damage that low.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Caiuga,

Guessing aval merc in epic using 2 jambiyas.

Oh and Caiuga, throw the GM remarks somewhere else - he's still a person and we don't have to treat whiners from other realms with respect.

F

faderullan

I feel sorry for all albs that havent seen the true strenght of a real alb group. Its hard to form but played right its a very strong group.

And to that one who bet 11p that a alb group cant beat a healer/savage group.
Seems like i have alot of cash to collect here :)

O

old.Sko

ye, and im saying if u want a 'chance' vs these 'fotm optimized groups' you need too make the alb counter setup, not the casual "Lets invite that scout, he can like....stealth and stuff"...:D

if i ran in random mid group i wont expect too gank a PE group, hell if id run in 2fg random mids still wouldnt expect too gank 1 fg PE/FL or any 'balanced' hib group.

^^
Just a question why you rolled fotm and not arms/merc/bm/hero ? =D

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by old.Sko
^^
Just a question why you rolled fotm and not arms/merc/bm/hero ? =D

im fotm4life fyi :cool:

D

Danya

If savages are fine as light tanks, what would you say to giving merc their buffs instead of DT? Or BMs instead of TW or zerks instead of vendo? :p

As for the RAs thing, mids are so much less reliant on RAs it's not even funny. You talk about BoF/SoS like they're always up. They aren't. A mid group relies on abilities that are always available, an alb group relies on 30 min timer abilities. That's a big balance issue.

N

Negura

Originally posted by Aussie-
yo fotm zerk rerolled savage!

yo player of Albion/Excalibur, the realm where numbers are only surpassed by stupidy.

No attempts to offend me are going to change that. :rolleyes:

C

caiuga

Originally posted by Whisperess
Guessing aval merc in epic using 2 jambiyas.

Oh and Caiuga, throw the GM remarks somewhere else - he's still a person and we don't have to treat whiners from other realms with respect.

Once again a stupid remark from the 1 man Guild. BTW it has nothing to do with respect, just common politeness which you obviously lack.

Avalonian-saracen-highlander- briton-inconnu level 5-51 sword, really think it would have made a difference??

and I use a 99% sabre right hand and jambiya on off hand and dont laugh at 2 jambiyas, only way I can beat infiltrators in duels is with 2 jambiyas.

C

caiuga

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Caiuga,

I'm a Saracen in sc'ed gear, 50+14 slash 50+14 dw and 27+14 parry. My stats at the time was (Ijust respecced to get PF) ,

181 STR 146 CON 190 DEX 151 QUICKNESS , my HP was 1530, Armor fact 628 and cant remember Weapon skill but it is at 1208 now. I had MOP 2, toughness 1,purge ,FA2 aug dex 2 AOM 2 and DET 3 + some othe 1 point stuff I cant remember.. Now I have PF , purge , FA 2, DET 3 tireless 1 and AOM 1. And new stats are 169 str 140 con 178 dex 145 quick HP 1486 armor fact 628 weapon skill 1208. I also have 6 ablatives on sc'ed gear, with a DOT proc on saber and jambiya, my other jambiya has a shield proc.
Swords are 99% saber main hand and 99% jambiya off hand.
Also I was fully buffed at the time going toe-toe against a savage troll. All yellow con buffs. I was doing less then 200 damage with both swords and Savage was hitting me for 360+. When I died troll had still 60-70 % hp left.

F

faderullan

Originally posted by caiuga
I'm a Saracen in sc'ed gear, 50+14 slash 50+14 dw and 27+14 parry. My stats at the time was (Ijust respecced to get PF) ,

181 STR 146 CON 190 DEX 151 QUICKNESS , my HP was 1530, Armor fact 628 and cant remember Weapon skill but it is at 1208 now.

<- just another slash merc. little different stats though
briton
50+20slash 50+20dw
363str
2017ws
2326hp
763af

With dt up its very very rare that anyone have a chance in a duel. Only lost to one person when i think about it. And that was to a warrior. Nerf foadon ffs! :p

No point crying for nerfs, just make the best of it.

O

old.mattshanes

Ok, thanks for posting seems like to me, savage is either using savage resists shout or your weaponskill is effecting your damage, though i always found bastard sword+jambiya is the best combo for slasher and i still haven't been proven wrong, sabre+jambiya is good though but doesn't frontload as good with haste+high qui(16.2x4.1 is more dps than 16.5x3.6).

As slash i could get 1415 ws unbuffed at rr5 with aug str 3 ages ago, had 1386 with aug str 1 at rr7 i think it was, now i am thrust and staying i lose out on 64 ws but hit better damage overall in rvr, go back to thrust if you wish to hit better since you will gain more weaponskill from it too.(you got higher dex than str so...)

Wonder what half ogre weaponskill would be like ^^ i am betting on 2200s buffed xD

Thrust, slash or crush, mercs hit 300-400s at fast speed when both weaps hit, if they aren't then you are hitting a savage using resists shouts against you, we aren't ultra hard hitters pet hit but we do amazing damage for our speeds.Oh and roll on 1.64 for fucksake xD just not seperately :E don't want savages getting their 4 spd claws before nerf do we :E

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by caiuga
Once again a stupid remark from the 1 man Guild.
Aye, 53 members, 134 chars - damn I must make a fortune to run all those accounts :rolleyes:

I use politness where it's deserved.
You should all listen to faderullan a bit more, he knows wth he's talking about.

Oh well, you'll either learn or not, couldn't care less.

F

farathorn_nexus

Originally posted by faderullan
I feel sorry for all albs that havent seen the true strenght of a real alb group. Its hard to form but played right its a very strong group.

And to that one who bet 11p that a alb group cant beat a healer/savage group.
Seems like i have alot of cash to collect here :)

Totally agree with Fadeh! I´ve seen Fadeh and his friends totally smash everything in their way hundreds of times. They are really good and very very hard to beat. Not only at rr9-10 but also at lower realmranks before. I have met them with both optimized and random groups and almost never experienced a victory against them. They really know what they are doing.

And btw...gratz to 11 easy plat to collect Fadeh!

S

Shike

Originally posted by Danya
As for the RAs thing, mids are so much less reliant on RAs it's not even funny. You talk about BoF/SoS like they're always up. They aren't. A mid group relies on abilities that are always available, an alb group relies on 30 min timer abilities. That's a big balance issue.

wooa I agree with Danyan :eek:

this is very very true, although we still have to see the consequenses of mids loosing asd and when savages are nerfed. Atm we loose a lot of fights to mid due to the simple little asd since we cant heal, some healers are masters at abusing this, joor, prudil etc.. its pure hell as a drood atm. We dont have BoF either to fire off when its as worst to help protecting our groupmates. We can... GP it away!!!! :p or not. Asd is the single thing I hate the most atm hands down. Some healers just face one druid and stand there, toss an SH now and then and asd the drood, seen it plenty of times and it just isnt right.

Funniest thing is, GOA was more than willing to implement the nerf to the SCing of cloaks so we never saw the light of them, but they cant implement a simple asdfix that would lead to better RVR overall. Rubbish. Next patch is 1.63 and means savages get a hold of 4.0DPSclaws, sure asd wont be here, but h2h savages will hit even harder and most likely at same speed with the nifty stacking celerity and selfhaste. That will be very funny to deal with until 1.65/1.66 in feb/march next YEAR. We kinda need that patch now, otherwise it dont look too bright for RVR here on pryd.

I was in a random hibbgrp today (dont happen very often) and it was pretty amazing how fast Maelstrom chopped through random people, saw them head for a hero who was fully buffed and started on a 540 pointheal since I thought he would hold a while (at least 2.5s), he was dead when my heal landed. Cant even be remotely funny to RVR without a proper group/setup atm and I do feel sad over the majority of the players, the ones who set their for out there now and then and not every day, they die in 2s and dont understand what just happened. They cant zerg down mids either since they die anyway with 2-3 fgs. No wonder people do lotsa PvE and craft.

its pure bollox tbh and GOA, I do hope that you do _everything_ you can to get us 1.65 as fast as possible. Loads of people cant stand this crap anymore.

F

farathorn_nexus

Originally posted by Shike
Cant even be remotely funny to RVR without a proper group/setup atm and I do feel sad over the majority of the players, the ones who set their for out there now and then and not every day, they die in 2s and dont understand what just happened.

This is the same no matter of realm and to that I agree and also think is a very bad development of the game. As it is today I never set my fot out in the frontiers without at least a pretty well composed group or I´m only going out late nights or early mornings. No use at all going out prime time unless being in a good group with the "right" classes and people above at least rr5 (for the basic RA:s) or it´s /release within no time. Kind of sad actually, but it´s what the rvr has come to today imo.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Shike
Next patch is 1.63 and means savages get a hold of 4.0DPSclaws,

I was in a random hibbgrp today (dont happen very often) and it was pretty amazing how fast Maelstrom chopped through random people, saw them head for a hero who was fully buffed and started on a 540 pointheal since I thought he would hold a while (at least 2.5s), he was dead when my heal landed.

i reaaaallly want too get hold of those 4.0 dps claws :D

and for that hero, he must been in epic and fiddleing with his spear? ;d (fully buffed sc'ed guarding hero takes ages too gank :(()

A

Ardrias_Mid

This is some of the best shit I've read in ages :D Glad to see albion is still alive and kicking :lol:

C

caiuga

Originally posted by faderullan
<- just another slash merc. little different stats though
briton
50+20slash 50+20dw
363str
2017ws
2326hp
763af

With dt up its very very rare that anyone have a chance in a duel. Only lost to one person when i think about it. And that was to a warrior. Nerf foadon ffs! :p

No point crying for nerfs, just make the best of it.

WOW! how do you get that high? Is it because the high realm rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom