boom, headshot.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I used to be a marksman, but guardsmen werent allowed to wear the badge

Tactically the 5.56 round is better as it doesnt kill the target only maims them, which means 2 people carry him away, thus taking 3 off the battlefield. In theory of course

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I used to be a marksman, but guardsmen werent allowed to wear the badge

Tactically the 5.56 round is better as it doesnt kill the target only maims them, which means 2 people carry him away, thus taking 3 off the battlefield. In theory of course

Most people take away their dead anyway(Taliban does it). The rules of war requires you to "not" kill them if possible. That is true.

But 5,56 is really only good up to smaller distance, because of the ballistic. Which is why we use such high caliber as 12,7.(Can be acurate and deadly from a longer distance.) or 7,62 for that matter.

Most of the contacts I went inn in Afghanistan was between 500 - 2000(+)meters. Which makes 5,56 weapons pretty useless :p(With some expections of closer contacts down to 30-50meters).

edit:

Oh, and I felt more safe when feeling the 7,62mm strucking my should when I fired of(When I had the old ag3).
What kind of weapons did you use in your unit?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I mostly used the rifle 556 (SA80) LSW and 94mm LAW

Being the law man was brilliant when firing but not so fun when tabbing

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Alot of the parts on the weapon is made by hard plast, so no wonder it looks like that :p It's to have the weight reduced tho, and it is a nice weapon. Tho not my first choice

Part of our training was a demonstration of one being run over by an APC and then fired to show how durable it is , plasticy = better than a half wooden AK-47 :worthy:

Many larger contries with larger armed forced tend not to use them though as they are alot more expensive than most

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Actually I'm Royal Signals :)

Yea, at the end of the day saying 'gun' instead of 'rifle' isnt going to end the world or anything, its just that when your training drums something into you its not exactly easy to ignore it.

Frankly the chances of us meeting over there and 'backing eachother up' are fairly slim though, seeing as the British Army are mostly down in Helmand.

You can back up onto my face anytime sweet cheeks!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Part of our training was a demonstration of one being run over by an APC and then fired to show how durable it is , plasticy = better than a half wooden AK-47 :worthy:

Many larger contries with larger armed forced tend not to use them though as they are alot more expensive than most

Never tried one, only held it up close. But I won't doubt the strenght it can withstand. Our old AG3s was also made of parts hard plast, and it could take shitloads of beating =)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
BFG!

Come on!

Big f*cking GUN!

It's a handheld thing, so SHHHHHHHH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom