I was expecting

m56-smart-gun-aliens.jpg

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Its a rifle not a gun. It saddens me when people say gun and bullets

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
No it isn't. Its based on military terms and civilians using non military terms

Much like the Humvee and Hummer (hummer is civilian)

One thing they told us early on in training is the correct terms. Dukat will back me up here

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Don't argue with him Toht! He's Scottish, he'll beat you to death with a haggis and then dispose of your body in a bath of irn bru (if what it does to your teeth is anything to go by, i'm sure it could dissolve a body!).

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Don't argue with him Toht! He's Scottish, he'll beat you to death with a haggis and then dispose of your body in a bath of irn bru (if what it does to your teeth is anything to go by, i'm sure it could dissolve a body!).

Also cures a hangover

Haggis today as its St Andrews Day mmmmmm nice

Punishment

Resident Freddy

One thing they told us early on in training is the correct terms. Dukat will back me up here

Its just part of your training , to make you feel more involved , the terms dont really matter that much but its no harm to get them right i guess :D

The fact you are arguing it here shows the system works though as makes you go over these seemingly pointless to the average civvy things in your mind on a daily basis in prep for combat ;)

Whats the Army like over there anyway , i've always wanted to join but the Irish Army is a waste of time , i cba to spend the next 20 years sitting on my ass :lol:

Punishment

Resident Freddy

Your warrior is officially harder than Akdave :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
It all depends what you want to do, you could join up and be a chef, a builder. Any day to day jobs but with added security

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

In the UK, like i said, depends on the country.

But even so, if BBC was military owned, i'd give you a point for correcting it. It's not though. The only place that matters is if some military analist is on the issue and even so outside military it's irrelevant.

As such, saying it's a gun is not wrong(definition by alone). Difference between a rifle and a gun is like defining different clouds, in everyday use, not really needed.

If you really wanted to be pedantic, it's a firearm since the term is used generally.

I'm not afraid of a Scotsman, i'm Finnish ffs :p

Lethul

FH is my second home

Isn't the Hummer and Humvee different vehicles also?
Other than that I agree, it's a rifle!

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Isn't the Hummer and Humvee different vehicles also?
Other than that I agree, it's a rifle!

Same company make them

And toh firearm is actually the collective term, thatwould be rifles and pistols for example

Lethul

FH is my second home
Same company make them

And toh firearm is actually the collective term, thatwould be rifles and pistols for example

Yeah, but the Hummer is quite a bit smaller ain't it?
And is not the Humvee then HMMWV ? :)

(maybe i'm totally wrong tho!)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Well it's not really a rifle either, so firearm would be more apt since it's a mix between a granade launcher and a rifle.

Anyhoo, when talking civilian lingo, gun is perfectly fine, and these forums and neither the BBC are military.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
its a rifle its just chucks a really large round 25mm lol

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
soooo....I'm going to say something really silly now, but they need something like that to kill some Taliban armed with $40 Ak-47's?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, it keeps troops safer and reduces the need for air support.
If you can shoot at someone over a wall and still hurt them, that's a massive advantage.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm it's a little unbalanced still no? I mean, with the awesome stuff they have why have people on the ground at all? surely that would have more impact on safety of the personnel?

Dukat

Resident Freddy

^^ What he said, I was actually only just scanning the thread before I began my own "Its not a gun!!1" ragepost when I saw this :)

Gun = Artillery peice :)

Rifle = Small arms

Its not so much being pedantic as taking pride in having knowledge in a subject. Its similar to when someone refers to the internet as "the world wide web" - its not really correct, and to people who know what they're talking about it can be misleading about what you're talking about.

But anyway, I did my basic training in a Royal Artillery battery, and being given 50 press-ups every time you referred to a rifle as a 'gun' kinda makes it stick in your mind a little :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Takes the sport out of it doesn't it?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Rifle = Small arms

Well, i don't know, some midgets have pretty muscular biceps i guess.

Anyway, wouldn't small arms be divided into segments too? Say, a pistol? Aka a GUN :p

Weird british army people.

It's a f*cking cannon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom