Boom! Debt free.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Thanks to a combo of a very well paid London IT job at the start of the year and an Inheritance coming at the same I have managed to finally dig my way out of the (non student) debt hole I had been stuck in since 2008.

Feelsgoodmangreen.jpg

It was "only" £3000 or so, my homeowner mates kept telling me not to worry about it and how it was "nothing these days". But Its good to be clear of it!

I was surprised how much I was chastised by my family for not coming to them for help but oh well.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Congrats! Kudos for sorting it out off your own back.

Aside from my student loan, I hope to be celebrating the same status very soon. It's 'only' £1000 or so for me, but only being able to pay off a little a time it's a relatively large amount for me.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I owe various banks about 20k in total. I am paying them off at £20 a month. I should be debt free by 2047. BOOM!

*caring face*

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Congrats! Kudos for sorting it out off your own back.

Aside from my student loan, I hope to be celebrating the same status very soon. It's 'only' £1000 or so for me, but only being able to pay off a little a time it's a relatively large amount for me.

Well I still class myself as being bailed out by my family, which is kinda depressing as I really did want to do it myself but could never get on top of things with the cost of living and what not, but its given me the boost I need to finally sort out my life and get myself on a road to a stable future.

Learnt a harsh lesson in real life that even when your working your guts out and living cheaply, things can go down the pan if you don't plan ahead. Especially when you venture out into the world with a low maturity level, having just been living in another country altogether and nothing but a win wage job and a overdraft to keep you going.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Don't worry about it, you still didn't waste all the money and actually paid your bills while others told you not to. -That- is an accomplishment in modern world. Well done, i'll join you in abiout 10 years :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah, I was so glad when I cleared both my overdrafts after finishing uni. Hate being in debt.

Only thing I owe now is student loans people, so nothing really. Never had credit cards, will try and live as much of life as I can without the evil bastards.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Owe 2 grand on credit card and interest free has just run out, costing 50 quid a month just sitting there.
Not sweating, that's my only debt in the world.

gohan

FH is my second home
I owe about 3.5k on cars/overdraft + 3.5 years left on a 5k loan and that's not including the student loans I'm about to take, but it enabled me to get to where I am now so I don't regret it

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well I still owe nearly £60k on my mortgage so I've got a bit to go yet. Then there's £4k on a loan, no doubt I'll have to borrow money at some point soon to fund new radio mics FUCK YOU OFCOM for the new frequencies.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Congrats,

I was this |------| close to getting together enough ££ to clear mine, but a very nice redundancy package (with another job waiting) I was holding out for has just fallen through today.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have a mortgage + student loan, I have a credit card but it is used to earn points and gets paid off every months. No other debts.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well done Jeros. Been debt free myself for a while now, it's fucking awesome, highly recommended!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
how come radio mics are so big? feckin size of walkmans stuffed down presenters pants, I mean you can have one's the size of grape that work fine, is it some industry standard?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You can't have a radio mic "the size of grape", there's no such thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom