BD nerf/boost, friar boost, malice/battler nerf, craft changes and more!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
battler/malice nerf is a long time coming. Now people might actually use other weapons :p

Pet changes are good imo, the less "useless apart from interrupts" the pets are the better.

Now just gifv "1.88 The great caster damage nerf" :)

ps. how is giving celerity to wardens a melee nerf? It might not improve things if they're a BG-bot but in that case it's just no-change not a nerf :p

Looks like wardens might have to choose what they spec in, limited spec points lots of attractive options. Could we have more than one cookie cutter spec? World may end...

Doh Flim cmon no1 will ever get a warden in a tank train (350 radius is ridicolous), compare it to a 2h Pallie for example -.-
And the nerf ofc is in Battler use nerf of 50% its effectiveness both in duration and absorbtion, pets doing STYLES, even shield ones (laughs frantically at a pet parrying or blocking my eventual attacks to clear em from support, or a pet turning and slamming the pbaoe caster used to clear em), couple that with the BL nerf and the Shield,Evade and Parry triad changes and u'll see the light.

pip

Banned
Use a sun weapon:) And for the amount of damage tanks absorb of casters it is stupid:twak: But imo heavy tanks should allways win in 1v1 to casters:( unless there is a big diffrence in realm rank:p i would like to see di fixed so it only works in fg

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Wardens and Friars are going to be begging to run in the assist train now....50 staff 49 enchance friar will actually heal a fair bit with his staff whilst still having red resists.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
any caster changes are irrelevent... their role in daoc will never change + or - any fluff.. they are just add machines played by the really crap/handicapped players etc...

as for the rest. the malice proc nerf seems sensible. not sure if they needed to mess with the malice and battler /use2's

friar boost? ok no prob.
warden with celerity? no probs
hot changes? hmm

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Bleh, wardens with celerity = out of power cleric in 1.2 seconds :(

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Solari said:
and btw mincers are stealthers not tanks.

Well they aint casters now aint it?! :twak:

and tbh if they are stealths so are vamps and small luris that hide behind tree...jezzz have you ever played mincer at least??

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
any caster changes are irrelevent... their role in daoc will never change + or - any fluff.. they are just add machines played by the really crap/handicapped players etc...

as for the rest. the malice proc nerf seems sensible. not sure if they needed to mess with the malice and battler /use2's

friar boost? ok no prob.
warden with celerity? no probs
hot changes? hmm

well im not refering to caster classes cause it seems everyone that his a tank is saying nerf them and everyone that is a caster saying nerf tanks, cant please greeks and troians at same time.

As for malice yeah i agree with you might need a little nerf, personally i use traitors more. As for battler nerf its one of those shit ideas that come out of mythic game designers after they take too much drugs tbh.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
not really... the battler use2 was the best use timer on any artifact in the game. they even changed it so you can use in combat while swining.

the battler /use change is very sensible. it creates a 20% abs differntial which is very potent. 38% differential basically meant "i win" before or you had to counter it with something (usually battler as well).

now its a powerful timer that will influence fights but not ruin them.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
Well they aint casters now aint it?! :twak:

and tbh if they are stealths so are vamps and small luris that hide behind tree...jezzz have you ever played mincer at least??

And please read the posts you reply to more carefully, we were talking about tank nerfs not casters.

Yes I have played a mincer, and their base class is Rogue + they can train Stealth..

Vamps can't.

Tilda

Melee warden might be quite interesting, run in assist train with slam + end reduction means he'll get a load more slams out before ooe than say a hero.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
not really... the battler use2 was the best use timer on any artifact in the game. they even changed it so you can use in combat while swining.

the battler /use change is very sensible. it creates a 20% abs differntial which is very potent. 38% differential basically meant "i win" before or you had to counter it with something (usually battler as well).

now it will become a unused item because it has become average item, and no1 likes to use average items :m00:

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Solari said:
And please read the posts you reply to more carefully, we were talking about tank nerfs not casters.

Yes I have played a mincer, and their base class is Rogue + they can train Stealth..

Vamps can't.

well if you classify mincers as stealths just cause theyr base class is rogue i think you really havent played a mincer, theyr stealth is crap, every stealth in this game can see them from miles. Sorry but that dosent put mincers on the same level as infs/scouts/rangers/NS/SB etc

and tbh chain users are tanks

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Hoho.
Let's make a bet on it, my cleric vs your mincer, and lets see who can tank the most mobs for the longest period, taking the most damage before dying, and therefor being a better tank!

MaCaBr3

Banned
A mincer will probably evade and crap a bit more then your cleric tho.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Arethir said:
Hoho.
Let's make a bet on it, my cleric vs your mincer, and lets see who can tank the most mobs for the longest period, taking the most damage before dying, and therefor being a better tank!

yeah you can have instas ill just moc aoe mezz stun some kill some fire ablative+ml10 warlord SoS out of them etc, we can see that :p
you can just use two instas and no damage :p the same ablative that was given to mincers 3-4 years ago still remains the same....lowsy 60 absorb every 6sec :m00: pathetic

Anyways the point is hibrid classes that dont have shield spec really need battler abs to live against some classes that dish out lots of dam

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

As a pierce shade (always was, always will be) I welcome it with open arms. Until now i have had to carry battler on my back to counter as you describe. Malice changes are also welcome, after a while it gets annoying losing those close fights you would possibly win if specced blade simply because of malice/battler.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
now it will become a unused item because it has become average item, and no1 likes to use average items

What item do you think will be on a tank's back as a /use item, then ?

Darzil

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Duzic said:
Bonedancers

- All Commander pets now have a chance to use shield styles

that mean they can slam now?:p

yes they can probably slam now xD how amusing..... bd zerg incoming... also alot of NICE crafting changes in it.... lol took them how long?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
With defensive changes and malice/battler nerf, although no longer have every monkey running about with the above, instead 101 shield tanks all with traitors inc I guess.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
If they wanted to make fights last longer they should have nerfed caster damage 1st of all

Never a truer word spoken

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
yeah you can have instas ill just moc aoe mezz stun some kill some fire ablative+ml10 warlord SoS out of them etc, we can see that :p
you can just use two instas and no damage :p the same ablative that was given to mincers 3-4 years ago still remains the same....lowsy 60 absorb every 6sec :m00: pathetic
Clearly, you've never tried MoC aoe mezzing while having a mob train on you before. Because it can't be done.
Yes you can stun 1 mob, for a whole 9 secs, oh joy, that'll help ya!
Now, who in their right mind would want a tank in any group, that hits SoS and run away when he gets mobs on him? Can't do much aoe dmg on them then! That's not tanking, it's kiting.
Never tried ML10 warlord in PvE, but that doesn't last forever you know... And then again, there's BoF!
Clearly, my cleric is a better tank than your minstrel. If you call your minstrel a tank, i will call my cleric one. Because he can hold more mobs at once over a longer period of time than your minstrel. Which is what a tank does in a group.

PS: Hoho.:fluffle:

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
When CT ran group i was often slamming enemies for either the assist train or just random annoyance, so i am sure the celerity can be quite powerfull in a good offensive tank group, just need a decent eld or shee who can kite a bit and perform well on his own... And for those rare tank groups you meet warden simple go back to BG....

I didn think Wardens needed more love after the shield spec and the shield vs duel wield changes and i must admitt it might get a bit silly in 1v1 fights with this love.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Maeloch said:
With defensive changes and malice/battler nerf, although no longer have every monkey running about with the above, instead 101 shield tanks all with traitors inc I guess.

Traitors dagger? Ooh, I'd love for people to use that on me. Everytime the proc pet hits my omni-tap reactives it insta dies healing me for 370 and giving me half a bar of end and power back again :D

Maybe mythic should address this issue one day ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom