BD nerf/boost, friar boost, malice/battler nerf, craft changes and more!

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
Bonedancers

- All Commander pets now have a chance to use shield styles

that mean they can slam now?:p

illu

Part of the furniture
AUTOTRAINING CHANGES

The current autotraining system has been revised. It will no longer punish players who spend points early in their careers.

- Characters will no longer auto train skills as they gain levels.

- When training a skill that would normally have autotrained, a player will not be charged points up to their character level’s maximum autotrained skill level. Example: An Armsman who has zero slash at level 50 will not be charged for their first 12 points. After 12, they will be charged points normally for that skill.

- If you have a higher skill than what would be awarded to you by autotraining at that level, the points that would have been awarded are refunded to your skill point pool. Example: If you have 40 slash, and you hit a level 48, you normally would have been autotrained to 12 slash. Since you have a higher slash than 12, those 12 points are refunded to your pool.

- The skill points will be consistent if you train through a trainer or use a respec.

This could be interesting for shadowblades and stealth autotraining if I read it right.
The other changes all sound pretty good. It's a shame they are nerfing Battler and Malice. The crafting changes are good in that it looks like you can level up quicker. The chance to make MP staying the same is a little annoying, because the increase to a minimum 96-99%, no one wants that stuff anyway.
I skimmed past the pet stuff - I don't like to know what crazy crap we have to face in that department :>

Oli - Illu

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Um wardens are getting group celerity too?

18 Celerity Group 0s/5 seconds/pulse/8s 350 range 24% 6
26 Enhanced Celerity Group 0s/5 seconds/pulse/8s 350 range 28% 8
32 Amplified Celerity Group 0s/5 seconds/pulse/8s 350 range 31% 12
44 Pure Celerity Group 0s/5 seconds/pulse/8s 350 range 37% 15

Am I understanding this correctly in that its a chant with a small raidus? Probably not that useful unless the warden is in the assist train and that isn't going to happen that often as they hit like little girls.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Auto training boost might be nice, and the malice nerf is long long over due.

I'd of thought they might of boosted the battler proc though to make it a bit more worth using as a main weapon.

Think the pet class love is getting a bit stupid now though, and more in-combat hot's for already unkillable classes is getting a touch rediculous.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
illu said:
This could be interesting for shadowblades and stealth autotraining if I read it right.

Tried it out on pend (have an auto-ed shade and ranger on ector)
Basically, provided you put those 77 points into stealth as an assassin, you get 77 free points even if you didn't bother autotraining.

Boost for alb toons, as they have the most autotrainers
Stealther wise, hunters get nothing out of it
Infs get even more spec points as if they needed them :(

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Oh well it seems friars gonna be the new FoTM classes to be rolled when that patch comes.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Raimo said:
Oh well it seems friars gonna be the new FoTM classes to be rolled when that patch comes.
Or wardens mayby omg theyll be so fuckin EVEN more op after this patch

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
From playing a warden, yes...

In combat castable hot + insta speed...

The removal of shield penalties in 1.87b.

Ability to twist celerity (for what it's worth with 34% spell haste and a 3.4 speed weapon.) and pbt.

Slight improvement of our Solar Regeneratoin (Self HP regen.)

The changes applied to Regrowth/Nuture will most likely cost us 1 lower level of heals, but in return for red resists, red selfhaste, red speed, red bubble and of course the celerity.

Even hoping they will grant us 2.0 specpoints later :p

Some of the changes we wanted, some were unexpected but still the fact we're stuck with 1.8 specpoints and not on the hybrid tables with 5 speclines :twak:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Boosting pets and nerfing tanks is the way to go Mythic yeah!
Apart Celerity to Hib and changes in Craft, rest is pure shit.
Wtb a new Team Lead (who played summat else then casters/pet users) for Mythic Development kthx.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Boosting pets and nerfing tanks is the way to go Mythic yeah!
Apart Celerity to Hib and changes in Craft, rest is pure shit.
Wtb a new Team Lead (who played summat else then casters/pet users) for Mythic Development kthx.

You can't honestly think this patch is tank nerfs... :touch:

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Raimo said:
why? lol

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Solari said:
You can't honestly think this patch is tank nerfs... :touch:

Y? cause they gave celerity to a class that normally BGs miles away from the train in Hib? Or cause they nerfed 19% absorb of battler for easy dealing on chain mid users? Or cause they basically transformed pets in tanks with taunt slam and positional styles making tanks redudant in PvE and small scale RvR? Or cause they put another 2 Hybrid classes on the God's Altar with HoT fucking castable on the move and IN combat? Add over it the overchange on Shield Parry Evade Triad and i sincerly do hope u are kidding me.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Y? cause they gave celerity to a class that normally BGs miles away from the train in Hib? Or cause they nerfed 19% absorb of battler for easy dealing on chain mid users? Or cause they basically transformed pets in tanks with taunt slam and positional styles making tanks redudant in PvE and small scale RvR? Or cause they put another 2 Hybrid classes on the God's Altar with HoT fucking castable on the move and IN combat? Add over it the overchange on Shield Parry Evade Triad and i sincerly do hope u are kidding me.

So removal of blocking penalties against dual wielders, and parry penalties against LW users, plus acces to large shield for some tanks is not something you want to take into consideration?

It appears to me you just want to whine and it would happen regardless of how the patch notes looked.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Solari said:
So removal of blocking penalties against dual wielders, and parry penalties against LW users, plus acces to large shield for some tanks is not something you want to take into consideration?

It appears to me you just want to whine and it would happen regardless of how the patch notes looked.

For what? Defensive purpose? Don't make me laugh tbh. If they wanted to make fights last longer they should have nerfed caster damage 1st of all, instead they even gave pet users more dmg on their hands in form of better pets. Also tank trains will suffer when they need to switch to BGers (like Pallies or Wardens, for example, weren't tuff nuff anyway). Think u are shortsighted tbh (or only seeing that from a Warden solo pov) and not me that wanna whine.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
its just begun dammit.. sofar this has adressed ALOT of the problems daoc has had and i think it will adress ALOT more before its done (ml9 mayby and loltap? ) Lets keep our hopes up

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
For what? Defensive purpose? Don't make me laugh tbh. If they wanted to make fights last longer they should have nerfed caster damage 1st of all, instead they even gave pet users more dmg on their hands in form of better pets. Also tank trains will suffer when they need to switch to BGers (like Pallies or Wardens, for example, weren't tuff nuff anyway). Think u are shortsighted tbh (or only seeing that from a Warden solo pov) and not me that wanna whine.

So your improved defence vs. other melee'ers and pets is just disregarding in your assumption?

We can agree caster damage sometimes is a little over the top, but that's not a tank nerf that's you whinging.

Tank trains? BG? huh? you didn't make sence there, they need to switch to BG'ers?.. why in particular anything more than today?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
mythic will only be happy when everyone is a caster :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Solari said:
So your improved defence vs. other melee'ers and pets is just disregarding in your assumption?

We can agree caster damage sometimes is a little over the top, but that's not a tank nerf that's you whinging.

Tank trains? BG? huh? you didn't make sence there, they need to switch to BG'ers?.. why in particular anything more than today?

Oh yeh cause u never had to switch to a BGer in a tank train? kk :p
My improved defence against pets? oO that's exactly what tanks needed (IF they nerf ML9 to ground in RvR MAYBE the last pet changes makes sense).
As a last note am discussing my point of view, but ofc is whining! lol some ppl.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Haahahah! Bewawe teh BDs! :D

Lol.. stupid patches. Cant they nerf us even a little?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Ahtlehson said:
Haahahah! Bewawe teh BDs! :D

Lol.. stupid patches. Cant they nerf us even a little?

They did. The body-debuff will not interrupt anymore.

- The Boost Bonecaster line of instant Body Debuff spells will no longer interrupt.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Solari said:

For the 1rst time i have to agree with gahn, this battler nerf makes me really want to buy a new team lead and drag the one we have into a dark alley and beat the crap out of them. :twak:

and btw mincers dont have shield spec :touch:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Kinetix said:
For the 1rst time i have to agree with gahn, this battler nerf makes me really want to buy a new team lead and drag the one we have into a dark alley and beat the crap out of them. :twak:

See? It's really true; Xmas is miracle time xD

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm interesting....

I think i'll come and play my friar solo spec when im not on Avalon now just to see how we work with these changes.

1.8 spec points has been needed for ages....the HOT love wont make much difference since our HOTS pretty rubbish even at its highest Delve.

Evade love will mean we'll be even more impossible for stealthers to kill.

Buffs slightly improved.

TBh most of the important stuff friars asked for aint there...insta heals, insta rez, rear positional snare style, fix to self buffs to fix our gimped dex, any way to raise our weaponskill.

But still cant complain i never thought Friars were as weak as the Friar community made out they were so any loving is more than i expected.

p.s. still no chance for us versus shield tanks i see without strafing!

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
They did. The body-debuff will not interrupt anymore.

This is a major change to a class that has little or no changes over the last 3 or so years. I would happily have all the rest of the "bonus's" obtained in the last patch or so for BDs roled back for this one to be dropped (Mmmm group abs vs debuff interrupt .... mmmmm tough one).

If they would allow me to set my pets on another target at 2000. Then I would see that as a fair swap. But then that change would roll into other pet classes.

To be honest never expected this change, so late in the day. I never saw it as a bug, since its been in there for 2/3 years, and it would have been an easy change to not make it interrupt long before now.

Its going to take a while for me to not automatically tap debuff while changing targets... Going to need alot more dex.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if they ever nerf theugs:) They need a minor range nerf to say the least!

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:

and btw mincers are stealthers not tanks.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
battler/malice nerf is a long time coming. Now people might actually use other weapons :p

Pet changes are good imo, the less "useless apart from interrupts" the pets are the better.

Now just gifv "1.88 The great caster damage nerf" :)

ps. how is giving celerity to wardens a melee nerf? It might not improve things if they're a BG-bot but in that case it's just no-change not a nerf :p

Looks like wardens might have to choose what they spec in, limited spec points lots of attractive options. Could we have more than one cookie cutter spec? World may end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom